• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke @ Clemson

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTs and Turnovers killed Duke. Jefferson please please please hurry back

Also, I saw Allen throw a cross court pass (ill advised) and it got picked and taken back and Allen just jogged down the court, wtf was that about?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTs and Turnovers killed Duke. Jefferson please please please hurry back

Also, I saw Allen throw a cross court pass (ill advised) and it got picked and taken back and Allen just jogged down the court, wtf was that about?

They were out of sorts last night. After leading by double digits in the first half they also committed several phantom fouls, including Ingram's third personal with just a couple of seconds left in the half. At the 17 minute mark of the second half Duke had three starters with 4 fouls. Along with that Jeter fouling out early. Coach K reluctantly went to a zone which saved his guys from fouling, but also gave Clemson an extended lead because it opened up some shots for them. With less than three minutes to go Clemson was up 6 and even with that Duke had a chance to tie it up with less than 13 seconds left. Matt Jones shot a terrible three and Clemson got the rebound and the win.

I cannot believe Jamie Lucky can still call ACC games. NC State won't allow him back in the RBC Center.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were out of sorts last night. After leading by double digits in the first half they also committed several phantom fouls, including Ingram's third personal with just a couple of seconds left in the half. At the 17 minute mark of the second half Duke had three starters with 4 fouls. Along with that Jeter fouling out early. Coach K reluctantly went to a zone which saved his guys from fouling, but also gave Clemson an extended lead because it opened up some shots for them. With less than three minutes to go Clemson was up 6 and even with that Duke had a chance to tie it up with less than 13 seconds left. Matt Jones shot a terrible three and Clemson got the rebound and the win.

I cannot believe Jamie Lucky can still call ACC games. NC State won't allow him back in the RBC Center.

You can say what you want about the foul situation but Duke lost it themselves. Terrible shooting and poor play. The Foul on Ingram for his 3rd was ticky tac but they are calling those sorts of calls in this years NCAA now. Sucks but that is the way it is. Duke was ICE COLD for 3 (I also think they still rely too heavily on it) and they paid dearly. They have no one to blame except for themselves. Tough team in Clemson and I give them all the credit in the world for not backing down, staying in the game and winning.

I did not get to see Jones 3 attempt but as you say and from what I heard it was a stupid idea. Can't win em all. What's his name stunk up the joint again (lefty- why I am blanking on his name right now) so that didn't help either. Greyson Allen wasn't any special either. I once again say he is the X-Factor if Duke wants to repeat. Also they desperately need Amile Jefferson back!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about Luke Kennard. He didn't start. But t thought they shot the three very well. 11-25 for 44%. I'm not excusing the loss as a "we didn't get the calls". Not at all. Clemson WON the game fair and square. As I said way back when the season started, I felt like Duke would have growing pains and lose about 7 or 8 games. How does a team average 20+ free throws and then all of a sudden doesn't even shoot a free throw in the first half at all? I'll just say it's disappointing that when you drive to the basket on the road you don't get the same calls as when you drive the lane at home. You just don't. I get that. Duke should learn from this loss and plan accordingly. But I'm not making excuses. Heck, I look for some more losses. I don't understand why he isn't playing Obi and Vrankovic just to take a foul.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about Luke Kennard. He didn't start. But t thought they shot the three very well. 11-25 for 44%. I'm not excusing the loss as a "we didn't get the calls". Not at all. Clemson WON the game fair and square. As I said way back when the season started, I felt like Duke would have growing pains and lose about 7 or 8 games. How does a team average 20+ free throws and then all of a sudden doesn't even shoot a free throw in the first half at all? I'll just say it's disappointing that when you drive to the basket on the road you don't get the same calls as when you drive the lane at home. You just don't. I get that. Duke should learn from this loss and plan accordingly. But I'm not making excuses. Heck, I look for some more losses. I don't understand why he isn't playing Obi and Vrankovic just to take a foul.

Thank you. Name completely slipped by mind. Not sure why.

Not saying you are saying they lost because of the "not getting calls" you are better than that I know that for sure. Yeah, I think Duke will lose about that many games too, especially if they play like they did against Clemson.

it is odd how they didn't shoot FTs in the 1st half but it seemed to me at least that Duke was getting away from "Duke Basketball" and it showed.