• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs at SAS 4/2/14 530p PST Tip off

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, Spurs on a 18 game win streak? Dubs haven't won a regular season game in SAS since 97, name those Dub Starters?

No Bogut, possibly, no D.Lee, Dubs on a B2B, OT game in Dallas last night, Steph played 45+ mins last night....................

NO chance in hell we win this one right?

Maybe Pop will rest his entire team, and we win by default?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, Spurs on a 18 game win streak? Dubs haven't won a regular season game in SAS since 97, name those Dub Starters?

No Bogut, possibly, no D.Lee, Dubs on a B2B, OT game in Dallas last night, Steph played 45+ mins last night....................

NO chance in hell we win this one right?

Maybe Pop will rest his entire team, and we win by default?

Spurs have to lose sometime. Warrior scrubs may be hungry and motivated without Lee and Bogut. It wouldn't shock me if the Dubs end San Antonio's streak tonight.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams normally come out flat after emotional wins. Especially since this team is on a back to back, it seems like a tough hill to climb. MJax also said he may monitor JO's minutes tonight, so there's that as well.

A win here would be a huge positive, but I'm realistic about their chances.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 11 closing the first half. Tim Duncan might be "The Big Fundamental," but he's also one of the biggest whiners in The association.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green is olaying like crap. I've seen 3 back doors on him and atleast 4 offensive rebounds by Ginobli and belinelli. Not to mention the stupid fouls....

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I love coach Pop. Warriors start the game on a 4-0 run he calls a timeout. Spurs go on a 12-0 run all mark Jackson does is put his hands in his pockets :L

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green is olaying like crap. I've seen 3 back doors on him and atleast 4 offensive rebounds by Ginobli and belinelli. Not to mention the stupid fouls....

The entire team failed to play defense and instead chose the "grabby foul" strategy.

I don't mind the loss, but this schizo effort on D is disturbing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors got a lesson in basketball 101 from the Spurs. Their game is simply beautiful.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire team failed to play defense and instead chose the "grabby foul" strategy.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

What part of back-to-back, on the road, and minus three starters, including two of the team's top defenders, do you fail to grasp?

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I love coach Pop. Warriors start the game on a 4-0 run he calls a timeout. Spurs go on a 12-0 run all mark Jackson does is put his hands in his pockets :L
Didn't he call timeout after a Green cut to the hoop for a slam in the first minute of the second half as well? He's not afraid to go right to the whip, and his horses seem to respond well.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes," the entire team" minus without Bogut, Lee, and JO.

:noidea:

Anyone know why JO only play 4 minutes?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

What part of back-to-back, on the road, and minus three starters, including two of the team's top defenders, do you fail to grasp?

So you're a "full excuses" basketball fan. Gotcha.

Jax would cut you.

Again, it isn't the result, it's the lack of effort that I object to.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes," the entire team" minus without Bogut, Lee, and JO.

:noidea:

Anyone know why JO only play 4 minutes?

Don't forget that Iguodala did not play either.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 of the next 6 games are against losing teams with 4 of them at home. The Warriors should be OK.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that Iguodala did not play either.

So Steph, Klay and the Santa Cruz Dub reserves lost to the League best Spurs, folks are shocked?

:L

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're a "full excuses" basketball fan. Gotcha.

Jax would cut you.

Again, it isn't the result, it's the lack of effort that I object to.
No, I'm simply realistic. Hell, I forgot about JO only playing four minutes, so add that to the list of "excuses."

Criticize the quality or decision making of a player any time you wish, but unless you have some inside info, you're way off base questioning "effort." Pro athletes, for the most part, give all that they have each and every game, and only the armchair brigade makes silly accusations like these.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was clearly a "scheduled" loss. Scant minutes for JO, sit Iguadola, and get ready for this stretch of 3 games at home. No reason to extend themselves in a game like this where their chances of winning were zero to none without Lee and Bogut. Phoenix and Memphis lost last night (same scenario as in the New York loss strangely enough - all 3 teams play and lose on the same night) so the Warriors are sitting pretty.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm simply realistic. Hell, I forgot about JO only playing four minutes, so add that to the list of "excuses."

Criticize the quality or decision making of a player any time you wish, but unless you have some inside info, you're way off base questioning "effort." Pro athletes, for the most part, give all that they have each and every game, and only the armchair brigade makes silly accusations like these.

Did you actually watch the game? Do you watch David Lee with any regularity?

If you had, then you'd know that neither the team as a whole last night or Lee most of the time gives/gave full effort on defense. I'm not armchair psychoanalyzing anyone as to why, I'm just commenting on what should be an obvious observation to anyone who claims to follow the team.

Of COURSE we can criticize effort when it's obvious the team/player isn't giving it. It's fairly plain to see that this team has the capacity to play great defense and often does. Lately, the effort hasn't been there and you can see that with failure to close out, falling asleep on back cuts, failure to move their feet, failure to stay in front of their man, etc. That's effort, and if you've ever played organized ball you'd know that too.

Defense is hard; it takes a ton of work to do it well. Sometimes you can play great D and still get beat. The Spurs were going to beat the Ws quite likely even if we'd played good D. But I wanted to see good D by the team, setting aside the result of the game. I don't think that's too much to ask.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually watch the game? Do you watch David Lee with any regularity?

If you had, then you'd know that neither the team as a whole last night or Lee most of the time gives/gave full effort on defense. I'm not armchair psychoanalyzing anyone as to why, I'm just commenting on what should be an obvious observation to anyone who claims to follow the team.

Of COURSE we can criticize effort when it's obvious the team/player isn't giving it. It's fairly plain to see that this team has the capacity to play great defense and often does. Lately, the effort hasn't been there and you can see that with failure to close out, falling asleep on back cuts, failure to move their feet, failure to stay in front of their man, etc. That's effort, and if you've ever played organized ball you'd know that too.

Defense is hard; it takes a ton of work to do it well. Sometimes you can play great D and still get beat. The Spurs were going to beat the Ws quite likely even if we'd played good D. But I wanted to see good D by the team, setting aside the result of the game. I don't think that's too much to ask.
I watched that game, and I've watched Lee for some time now. Effort ain't David's problem - ability is.

The effort that professional athletes put forth both in training and games is incredible. To make it to the show and to stay there requires expenditures of energy and focus that us mere mortals can hardly conceive of. Again, I find it laughable most of the time when fans question a player's or a team's heart, and I'm continuing to chuckle at your attempts to have us believe that the Warriors simply need to give more effort.

Lack of effort was not the problem against the Spurs. A depeleted side absent its best defenders on a back-to-back gave all they could and were in the hunt as late as the middlle of the third quarter. Effort? Yeah, upon further reflection, I'm here to salute the team's effort. You continue to piss on them if you wish, though.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that game, and I've watched Lee for some time now. Effort ain't David's problem - ability is.

The effort that professional athletes put forth both in training and games is incredible. To make it to the show and to stay there requires expenditures of energy and focus that us mere mortals can hardly conceive of. Again, I find it laughable most of the time when fans question a player's or a team's heart, and I'm continuing to chuckle at your attempts to have us believe that the Warriors simply need to give more effort.

Lack of effort was not the problem against the Spurs. A depeleted side absent its best defenders on a back-to-back gave all they could and were in the hunt as late as the middlle of the third quarter. Effort? Yeah, upon further reflection, I'm here to salute the team's effort. You continue to piss on them if you wish, though.

I guess we're just going to have to disagree here. I've seen him play apathetically too many times to be convinced of your conclusion.

My last thought on this, because we clearly are not going to agree: I didn't say, nor imply, that the Ws "simply need to give more effort" or that if they HAD, they'd have beaten the Spurs. I'm fairly convinced that they cannot "simply" give more effort. If they could've they would have by now. They are wildly inconsistent on defense and that is, as the kids say, what it is. They just don't/can't play more consistently.

The ability is there (noted exception being Avi), but the consistent defensive effort isn't. That's why following this team is so maddening this year.

If that's "pissing" on them, so be it.