• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drouin suffers possible concussion from?

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Adam Erne. What was supposed to be a match up of two of the Lightning’s top prospects turned into a sideshow of sorts as Erne hit Drouin from behind in the game and was ejected. Drouin was hurt on the play but played on the ensuing power play before leaving the game with concussion symptoms. Erne had a goal before his hit, extending his point streak to nine games. Before the incident the two had exchanged stick taps to acknowledge the other. The two were prospect standouts at the Lightning’s camp in September and will likely be on the Lightning in the next 1-2 years together – if not on the same line together. They’ll certainly remember the time Erne knocked himself and Drouin out of a junior game. Hopefully Drouin is okay; he may have a scar to remember the hit.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin has a bright future! I don't think yzerman will be happy with Erne!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Erne had to say. “He wasn’t far from the boards and I pushed him pretty hard,” said Erne, who also received a game misconduct for the hit. “I thought it was a dive and I thought everybody else did, too. I wouldn’t have even gotten a penalty if he didn’t dive into the boards.”

He also said that Drouin could have absorbed the hit standing up, and avoided injury.

“If he dives and goes head first he’s going to hurt himself,” added Erne, who also knocked Murphy out of the game with a shoulder on shoulder check before stealing the puck and scoring the game’s first goal.

I think Yzerman is going to be contacting Erne about this situation simply because of his justification, seems a bit classless to be honest. Make your judgement, the hit is on the link below and I think Erne's statement is BS, that was a dirty, dirty hit, one that he should be suspended for. Saying Drouin dove makes Erne look like a complete idiot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1nleCULlqo]Adam Erne Hits Jonathan Drouin From Behind- Major Penalty (12/6/13) - YouTube[/ame]

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Erne had to say. “He wasn’t far from the boards and I pushed him pretty hard,” said Erne, who also received a game misconduct for the hit. “I thought it was a dive and I thought everybody else did, too. I wouldn’t have even gotten a penalty if he didn’t dive into the boards.”

He also said that Drouin could have absorbed the hit standing up, and avoided injury.

“If he dives and goes head first he’s going to hurt himself,” added Erne, who also knocked Murphy out of the game with a shoulder on shoulder check before stealing the puck and scoring the game’s first goal.

I think Yzerman is going to be contacting Erne about this situation simply because of his justification, seems a bit classless to be honest. Make your judgement, the hit is on the link below and I think Erne's statement is BS, that was a dirty, dirty hit, one that he should be suspended for. Saying Drouin dove makes Erne look like a complete idiot.

Adam Erne Hits Jonathan Drouin From Behind- Major Penalty (12/6/13) - YouTube
ya if Erne said I'm sorry I got carried away then I could accept that! But that hit was bs yzerman needs to have a sit down with Erne!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QMJHL hasn't suspended Erne for the hit???????

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our new little girl hurt for the 2nd time? A Crosby wanna be? No offense intended Crosby fans, just the truth about him getting hurt a lot.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, I watched that video several times and it was not a bad hit , just a normal hit. Too bad Drouin got hurt but that's hockey. I do take exception to Earne's statement that Drouin took a dive. It was no dive. Drouin was straight up when he got driven into the boards and hit his head. For Erne to say he took a dive was classless.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, I watched that video several times and it was not a bad hit , just a normal hit. Too bad Drouin got hurt but that's hockey. I do take exception to Earne's statement that Drouin took a dive. It was no dive. Drouin was straight up when he got driven into the boards and hit his head. For Erne to say he took a dive was classless.

I would agree with this if Drouin didn't have his back to Erne before Erne put him into the glass head first. Illegal hit for sure.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our new little girl hurt for the 2nd time? A Crosby wanna be? No offense intended Crosby fans, just the truth about him getting hurt a lot.

Getting hurt from being hit from behind and put into the glass isn't on Drouin IMO. That was an illegal hit, most people would be injured if they got hit like that in that position. It doesn't matter how tough you are, doesn't protect you from head injuries. Eric Lindros was one of the biggest baddest & toughest people of his day, but that didn't protect him from head injuries. It could happen to anyone at any time.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll agree it was an illegal hit not a normal hit but one you see almost every night in the NHL.
On other news Vinny will be out 3=4 weeks with back problems, could be worse, he could still be with the Bolts. That's mean, Vinny !is one of my all time favorites, I still have his picture in my garage for the last 12 years !

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll agree it was an illegal hit not a normal hit but one you see almost every night in the NHL.
On other news Vinny will be out 3=4 weeks with back problems, could be worse, he could still be with the Bolts. That's mean, Vinny !is one of my all time favorites, I still have his picture in my garage for the last 12 years !
every since vinny hit age 30 he just has all those little nagging injuries! I went to the flyers game and he is still a good player but his skating is not what it used to be! he seems slow out there!

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I have noticed for the last few years Vinny has slowed a lot. He still knows what to do with the puck if he can get to it.