• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drinking booze inside CFB stadiums.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No alcohol sold in Arizona Stadium. I always strap a couple plastic flasks to my legs to bypass the metal detectors and go to town once in the student section.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sold at VT. But the place is littered with smuggled in stuff. They've tried to stop it at various times by doing pat downs, checking baby bags/carriages, etc but it doesn't work. I use to put airplane bottles in my shoes and my buddy's girlfriend would tape zip lock bags of booze around her breasts. If they sold beer, I'd probably stop smuggling and buy one. If I'm not driving post game, all I want is something to keep the feel good going around half time.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU allows it at the dome which means in theory any SU sporting event can serve booze.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from a Forbes article:

While the move to the Big 12 has generated increased revenue for WVU, another move WVU made in 2011 is paying off financially. That decision–to sell beer at home football games–has brought WVU significant revenue since 2011. For the 2011 football season, WVU had a 50-50 split with its concessionaire for revenue generated from beer sales. That year, WVU earned $516,551.41 from beer sales, with the top-selling game being the Mountaineers’ game against LSU. WVU’s home game against LSU, which was attended by 62,056 people, generated $120,469.81 worth of beer sales revenue for WVU.
In moving to the Big 12 in 2012, WVU saw its beer sales revenue increase. Still sharing a 50-50 split with its concessionaire for beer sales revenue, WVU earned $632,694.58 from beer sales in 2012. What’s notable about this, is that WVU’s football attendance in 2012 was actually lower than in 2011, by an average of just under 8,000 fans per game. Yet, fans were spending more on beer in 2012 than they were in 2011.

WVU appears to be set to set another record for beer sales revenue in 2013. This year, WVU’s new contract with concessionaire Sodexo allows WVU to keep 52-percent of the revenue from beer sales. Ahead of the Iowa State game, WVU had brought in $482,377.02 in beer sales this season. In home games against Texas and Oklahoma State, WVU brought in over $100,000 in revenue from beer sales this year
:suds:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC bans it at all venues but it is available at the bowl games. To tell the truth I need my Copenhagen more than the booze in a close one!

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome, now the first aid designated areas will be even more crowded with drunk as hell students passing out from dehydration b/c the temps in September inside DKR tend to range between 105-115 degrees!

Same at A&M

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we started allowing it I'd still pregame. I'm not spending 9 bucks on a beer.

In Starkville we snuck it in, so no. Wear boots or find a chick to put it in hee purse. Pretty easy to sneak in actually.

I agree Brasky. But just having it there would you two go as hard per game?

Shane, I sneak it in on occasion. And probably still would bring some hard stuff for the special occasion games. Both of your teams in the future at Autzen would fall in that category. But having beer inside as a back up plan wouldn't be so bad.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dr3sik.gif

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC bans it at all venues but it is available at the bowl games. To tell the truth I need my Copenhagen more than the booze in a close one!

Cope man, like it.

Truth to that.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit ain't happening at Clemson. It wouldn't hurt my feelings, but there are far too many straight laced folks that support Clemson for alcohol to ever be allowed in the stadium.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit ain't happening at Clemson. It wouldn't hurt my feelings, but there are far too many straight laced folks that support Clemson for alcohol to ever be allowed in the stadium.

Too many wine spritzer and hummus at the tailgaters?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Brasky. But just having it there would you two go as hard per game?

Shane, I sneak it in on occasion. And probably still would bring some hard stuff for the special occasion games. Both of your teams in the future at Autzen would fall in that category. But having beer inside as a back up plan wouldn't be so bad.

I wouldn't buy it in the game even if it was there. We can have it at pregame, you just need a cup, they aren't that strict about it too. It wouldn't change anything for me, I usually go hard after and before anyway.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They serve alcohol at Husky stadium, but only for the rich and privileged. The rest of us normal folk are left to the tailgating and the beer garden just outside the bleacher section.

I'm sure most don't know they do sell it to the club level, the suite levels, the don james center, the press level (loz at the press getting drinks) and the viewing decks.

And yes, it would be better if they allowed it everywhere because I'm sick of seeing a half full stadium at the kickoff to the 3rd quarter.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba, the NCAA outlawed it a while ago, and is testing the reintroduction at several schools. The early results from a NCAA study so far: If you let the school sell booze you have less fights and fewer alcohol related paramedic calls. Hmmmmm this took research? Generally we find that there is a correlation between schools not selling alcohol in the stadiums and binge drinking prior to the game (in excess) that results in more problems than selling alcohol does.

Ive never heard of an NCAA thing. I thought it was school to school or conference decisions.
Most stadiums are on school owned land so technically part of campus which most dont allow alcohol to be sold on school grounds.
I know Hawaii sold beer in the stadium. the difference here was that the State owns Aloha Stadium not the school.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive never heard of an NCAA thing. I thought it was school to school or conference decisions.
Most stadiums are on school owned land so technically part of campus which most dont allow alcohol to be sold on school grounds.
I know Hawaii sold beer in the stadium. the difference here was that the State owns Aloha Stadium not the school.

The only NCAA rule that I'm aware of is no alcohol sold at "championship" events.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only NCAA rule that I'm aware of is no alcohol sold at "championship" events.

I think Minnesota used to sell when they played in the dome but then stopped when they built their own stadium. both fans were upset they couldnt get beer there.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alcohol Advertising
The NCAA is concerned about alcohol abuse linked to athletics events. As a result, the Association strictly limits alcohol advertising during championship events and works to educate student-athletes and fans about the abuses of alcohol.

As with all NCAA policy, this is one determined not by the NCAA national office staff but by leadership from the membership. The NCAA provides its members with resources to assist in educating student-athletes and creating and maintaining an environment that promotes healthy choices about alcohol.

Championship Policy -

The NCAA has for years banned sales and venue advertising of all alcohol at its 88 championships. Host sites are required to cover up any ads for alcoholic drinks.
The NCAA does not control the regular season in any sport, nor does it run the postseason for the Division I Football Bowl Subdivision. Individual schools and conferences oversee the regular season, including game operations, broadcasting and advertising. The postseason for Division I Football Bowl Subdivision is controlled by the Bowl Championship Series and individual bowl committees.
Advertising Policy -

•The NCAA limits alcohol advertising during telecasts of its championships to no more than 60 seconds per hour during a broadcast, and it prohibits ads for all beverages where the alcoholic content exceeds six percent. Many of the alcohol ads contain language stressing the legal and responsible use of alcohol.
•Pregame and postgame telecasts are not under NCAA control and not subject to NCAA policy.
•In August 2008, the NCAA Executive Committee affirmed the Association's alcohol policy, including for advertising, describing it as very conservative and appropriate. Moreover, there have not been any proposals from the NCAA membership to change the Association's alcohol advertising policy.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's up to the individual schools to sell alcohol in the regular season.

No championship even will serve alcohol.