• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft review

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks is we wont even have him this year. He has to serve and will miss the season most likely.

Pats love those Navy kids. They wanted the QB this year but the Ravens beat them to the punch.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this for what's it's worth, but Pro Football Weekly, draft mag run by ex NFL scouts, had Dahl rated as the second best G in this class. They also had Paxton Lynch as the top QB. They RAVED about ARob, acknowledging he has a ways to go as a pass rusher but said he has all the potential in the world to be a top DT in the league.

I'm waiting to see if Dahl gets some time at center in mini camps? Not just for versatility either.

About 20 years ago Lynch would have been first QB taken. Many had him rated higher for what they saw down the road. Nowadays, it's all about who they perceive is "pro ready"

Last, with manchild, again I will go with college coaches don't fix what isn't broke. He had the power for a constant bull rush. He learns to swim and spin now? Yes he could be a scary player. I don't need sacks from him for me to like him. Just do his part for Ziggy & Zettel.

We could call the ZZ Stop...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really impress me with that. Some scout hopefully lost his job. 3 LS in 8 seasons is bad scouting. Hoping it's none of the guys BQ brought with him or has hired recently.

Yeah, but you can afford to do that when you have 19 draft picks every year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you can afford to do that when you have 19 draft picks every year.

You know Fog, I hate comp picks. Denver will get rewarded with prolly 3 or four next season. Why? Mainly for no cap room and another team paid crazy contracts on a few of their FA players. I wished they just drafted 8 rounds a year. However I can't fault the Pats, Ravens and Packers for understanding how the system works and exploiting it with either trades or letting talent walk. Shows great draft prowess.

I'd love to be at that point with great depth to just let certain mid level players walk. Just to watch teams over pay for them.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Fog, I hate comp picks. Denver will get rewarded with prolly 3 or four next season. Why? Mainly for no cap room and another team paid crazy contracts on a few of their FA players. I wished they just drafted 8 rounds a year. However I can't fault the Pats, Ravens and Packers for understanding how the system works and exploiting it with either trades or letting talent walk. Shows great draft prowess.

I'd love to be at that point with great depth to just let certain mid level players walk. Just to watch teams over pay for them.

I don't hate comp picks because the pick doesn't make up for losing the player you couldn't afford to keep. Or in the Lions case, for losing the player your GM was too stupid to keep. I would rather have Suh than Glasgow. Nothing against Glasgow.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting to see if Dahl gets some time at center in mini camps? Not just for versatility either.

About 20 years ago Lynch would have been first QB taken. Many had him rated higher for what they saw down the road. Nowadays, it's all about who they perceive is "pro ready"

Last, with manchild, again I will go with college coaches don't fix what isn't broke. He had the power for a constant bull rush. He learns to swim and spin now? Yes he could be a scary player. I don't need sacks from him for me to like him. Just do his part for Ziggy & Zettel.

We could call the ZZ Stop...

It wouldn't shock me if Dahl ended up being the LT down the road.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really impress me with that. Some scout hopefully lost his job. 3 LS in 8 seasons is bad scouting. Hoping it's none of the guys BQ brought with him or has hired recently.

Not sure you can put "bad scouting" and the Patriots in the same sentence and be serious about it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is he seriously challenges for RT next year when and if Reiff leaves and TD moves to LT (if he doesn't straight up steal a starting G spot from Warford or Tomlinson).

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wouldn't shock me either, but I would have to look at my evaluation process again. I've been high on Decker all off season with knowing Stanley and Tunsil weren't happening. Was never a Conklin fan. I'm still saying Decker is a LT fixture for years.

I would be very pleased if it happened though. Finding both future tackles in the same draft would be a grandslam. I'm leaning towards Decker to LT Glasgow at C and Dahl replacing Warford at least by next season. Keeping Reiff means him getting what $ Cordy Glenn got. As Reiff has out performed him stats wise.

Could see some great OL play this season with two guys on contract seasons no matter how it pans out.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you can put "bad scouting" and the Patriots in the same sentence and be serious about it.

Their scouting and drafting hasn't been all world.

But damn that cheating, I mean coaching and QB is elite.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has T-Rex arms. I cant see him on the blind side. Maybe RT, But he has a 50+% chance to get one of the Guard spots. Both LT and Warford would have to play well and then if it is Warford he would have to be resigned.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a heck of a lot better about the offensive line than i did before the draft and i like that some beef was brought in for the defensive line too.

Next years class is loaded with edge rushers so we can address DE better then.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a heck of a lot better about the offensive line than i did before the draft and i like that some beef was brought in for the defensive line too.

Next years class is loaded with edge rushers so we can address DE better then.

I'd prefer to address our DE position by locking up Ziggy long term.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the draft picks are signed already.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate comp picks because the pick doesn't make up for losing the player you couldn't afford to keep. Or in the Lions case, for losing the player your GM was too stupid to keep. I would rather have Suh than Glasgow. Nothing against Glasgow.
It just registered.

Glasgow is my least favorite Lion. Don Carey must be relieved.