• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft deep but not top heavy? You buying this?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Bradley 3 years to really develop his offense, but now, that really was a great pick. Dude is money of the screen...I just wish he could score more off the dribble. But that D, man thats good

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he probably will top out as a high end bench guy. His versatility will be a real commodity if he's ever able to get his body right. Like you said he'll need to gain a bit of weight, but I think his best role will be a wing off the bench. I don't like him as a pure PG, only because I think he'll be most effective as a secondary play maker, because of his shooting threat. If you have a PG already playing with him who drives and kicks to him, the opposition is going to have a hell of a time trying to figure out if they should close hard on him, or give him some leeway since he can drive and make plays for others. His shot is good, but I think he's more of a catch and shoot type player. If you put the ball in his hands too much, you take away a good chunk of his shooting ability.

But I could see teams go either way with him. We're seeing a trend of some bigger PG's in the NBA being drafted like Exum, MCW, Mudiay, etc. Some teams may view him as a legitimate PG.

Exam and MCW are probably better comparisons when viewing his pg potential.

Good post.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully somehow the can get buddy hield. He's gonna be a stud

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody will know who the great players will be. But I'm gonna say hield and Ingram are going to be the best in this draft. I think Denzel valentine looks like a potential great talent too

If Hield is gonna be the best available, then its a weak draft. He's got JJ Redick/Danny Green written all over him. Good players, but you're wanting more out what you consider a top draft guy. He plays so much like Redick but no one makes the comparison because of race. They share loads of the same skillset coming out of college though Redick was more consistent whereas Hield is a bit of a late bloomer

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hield is gonna be the best available, then its a weak draft. He's got JJ Redick/Danny Green written all over him. Good players, but you're wanting more out what you consider a top draft guy. He plays so much like Redick but no one makes the comparison because of race. They share loads of the same skillset coming out of college though Redick was more consistent whereas Hield is a bit of a late bloomer

Great comparison.

I think CJ McCollum will be his ceiling.

But, he is closer to Reddick because neither of them can create offense for anyone other than themselves.

They are spot up shooters.

I think Buddy will do it at a higher level than JJ in the pros.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2 guys Simmons, Ingram have Superstar potential.

Another 4 have All Star potential Heild, Murray, Brown and Dunn.

But, the guys that interest me the most are the boom or bust guys.

Maker, Qi, Diello, luwawu.....boom.

Skal, Bender, Zimmerman,......bust

Still on the fence with Chriss.

Everyone is sleeping on Lavert and Uliss.

I don't think people are sleeping on Uliss because of his skill/talent. Sounds like he's got inverted hips, or some other reason for doctors to fear he'll tear the labrum in his hip. That's not good.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on the balance of the top 10 or so projected picks. Murray, Dunn, Hield, Brown, Bender, Davis, Chriss, etc all have some serious upside, although several of those picks might be a year or more away from breaking out. After that, there is role player potential well into the second round of this draft. Compare that to last season's draft, where a huge chunk of the 2nd round never played in an NBA game this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on the balance of the top 10 or so projected picks. Murray, Dunn, Hield, Brown, Bender, Davis, Chriss, etc all have some serious upside, although several of those picks might be a year or more away from breaking out. After that, there is role player potential well into the second round of this draft. Compare that to last season's draft, where a huge chunk of the 2nd round never played in an NBA game this year.

I think this could end up being a pretty good class all the way around.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ had other limitations. Notably defense and especially short arms/span. Buddy has a much better chance to develop adequate defense. Buddy seems to have a great work ethic and is less self absorbed

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are gonna trade up for Simmons I think....give up Clarkson or something. Hes the stud of the draft- they want him- and he wants to be there. Mark it down.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love to Boston for #3, Crowder (or Marcus Smart- or Bradley) and a later draft pick. Send #3 to Phoenix for Bledsoe......

if the Cavs dont make a miraculous comeback and win the title--- that would be a realistic, thoughtful and i believe respectable deal for Kevin Love...

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats too much for Love. #3 and a bag of coal IMO. Crowder off the table.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love to Boston for #3, Crowder (or Marcus Smart- or Bradley) and a later draft pick. Send #3 to Phoenix for Bledsoe......

if the Cavs dont make a miraculous comeback and win the title--- that would be a realistic, thoughtful and i believe respectable deal for Kevin Love...

Lol. Of course a Cleveland fan would think that's a fair deal. Sending Crowder to Cleveland would be the dumbest thing Boston could do. It hurts Boston because at best its neutral loss/gain with Love for Crowder/#3 but the real damage is gives Cleveland a stud SF to allow Lebron to play his natural (for his age now) position of PF. Boston would be saying "here, win the next 4 Finals with ease"

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Mccaw, UNLV.

Remember the name, I hope the Clippers take him.

After several cheeseburgers , he's gonna be a star.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are gonna trade up for Simmons I think....give up Clarkson or something. Hes the stud of the draft- they want him- and he wants to be there. Mark it down.

Why would they do that? They're locked in for either Simmons or Ingram either way and will happily take either without having to give up a key member of their young core.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Mccaw, UNLV.

Remember the name, I hope the Clippers take him.

After several cheeseburgers , he's gonna be a star.

I've got my eye on him for the Lakers too. Second rounder, just a matter of how late you can get him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't make a lot of sense to do that. From everything I've read and heard, the Lakers will be happy with whoever ends up at #2.

I think a more likely scenario would be that they trade down. Something along the lines of Butler and the #14 for the #2 as Mecca mentioned on another thread. Not saying that trade will happen, but something along those lines. At the very least, they will no doubt listen to offers.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol jj redick can't handle the ball like he can.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't make a lot of sense to do that. From everything I've read and heard, the Lakers will be happy with whoever ends up at #2.

I think a more likely scenario would be that they trade down. Something along the lines of Butler and the #14 for the #2 as Mecca mentioned on another thread. Not saying that trade will happen, but something along those lines. At the very least, they will no doubt listen to offers.

I'm not convinced Rich Paul won't punk the 76ers into passing on Simmons.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ had other limitations. Notably defense and especially short arms/span. Buddy has a much better chance to develop adequate defense. Buddy seems to have a great work ethic and is less self absorbed

Buddy is a bit undersized at the SG position. I think JJ is pretty much his ceiling.