• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft deep but not top heavy? You buying this?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a while I was really low on this draft, but the more research I've done, I could see a ton of guys being steals in the mid to late first round, and guys like Murray, Bender, Dunn, Hield, etc all have really high ceilings. None are sure things, but there could be some very good players that come from this draft when we look back in a few years.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not at all. I think its gonna be weak. It's top heavy with the top 2, there's 3 to 5 guys I think will be decent players after that, and the rest will be forgotten in 5 years from now

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is suppose to be the Bonanza year, but I had heard that before. Rumor is because of foreign players in mix Boston will do a draft and stash in the Spurs style. You have to believe that the guards in the top 10 should be decent. Not sold on Simmons. I would take a flyer on Maker if I had room on my roster

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this draft is as bad as most originally thought, but it's not all that good either. You basically have 2 guys who look like they will be stars, a couple of guys who could possibly develop into all star level players down the road and whole bunch of guys who will likely be decent/serviceable role players.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a decent draft but only 2-3 guys that will be superstars IMO.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this draft is going to be a complete crapshoot. There are a couple guys I think can be impact players, but it's really going to come down to how they are developed. For the most part I see the draft being comprised of a lot of role players. If I'm in the late lottery of this draft, I don't draft for BPA, I draft for ceiling. I'd understand if a team went after Skal with the 10th pick over a guy like Sabonis.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2 guys Simmons, Ingram have Superstar potential.

Another 4 have All Star potential Heild, Murray, Brown and Dunn.

But, the guys that interest me the most are the boom or bust guys.

Maker, Qi, Diello, luwawu.....boom.

Skal, Bender, Zimmerman,......bust

Still on the fence with Chriss.

Everyone is sleeping on Lavert and Uliss.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm buying that. After the top 2(Ingram/Simmons) this is an extremely weak class. I don't think this class is as bad as 2013 particularly because it does have great depth and has a top 2 that would be great in any draft class.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2 guys Simmons, Ingram have Superstar potential.

Another 4 have All Star potential Heild, Murray, Brown and Dunn.

But, the guys that interest me the most are the boom or bust guys.

Maker, Qi, Diello, luwawu.....boom.

Skal, Bender, Zimmerman,......bust

Still on the fence with Chriss.

Everyone is sleeping on Lavert and Uliss.

I'm really hoping the Warriors draft Levert. He's an ideal guy for the Warriors system. 6'7, can handle the point, shoot the three and defend multiple positions. If he didn't get injured this past season I think he would easily be a lottery pick. Hope to get another Looney type slip and fall due to injury to the Warriors.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really buy into the the idea that a draft is strong or weak prior to the draft.

The grading system in that article doesn't seem to seem to great at least when it comes to getting stars which is what matters in basketball.

2003 was rated as one of the lowest draft grades while 2010 is one of the highest.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody will know who the great players will be. But I'm gonna say hield and Ingram are going to be the best in this draft. I think Denzel valentine looks like a potential great talent too

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm buying that. After the top 2(Ingram/Simmons) this is an extremely weak class. I don't think this class is as bad as 2013 particularly because it does have great depth and has a top 2 that would be great in any draft class.

But you won't know that though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping the Warriors draft Levert. He's an ideal guy for the Warriors system. 6'7, can handle the point, shoot the three and defend multiple positions. If he didn't get injured this past season I think he would easily be a lottery pick. Hope to get another Looney type slip and fall due to injury to the Warriors.

I saw a mock that had the Clippers taking Taurean Prince at #25 and Caris at #33.

I would kiss myself....lol

Levert has that Shawn Livingston, Penny Hardaway pg mismatch potential.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a mock that had the Clippers taking Taurean Prince at #25 and Caris at #33.

I would kiss myself....lol

Levert has that Shawn Livingston, Penny Hardaway pg mismatch potential.

I see him a bit more of a wing with some potential playmaking abilities. Livingston and Penny were made to play the PG position. Either way his skill set is pretty great so far. It would be mostly furthering his development and trying to do everything they could to get the guy healthy again.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him a bit more of a wing with some potential playmaking abilities. Livingston and Penny were made to play the PG position. Either way his skill set is pretty great so far. It would be mostly furthering his development and trying to do everything they could to get the guy healthy again.
That Dude would have to eat the leaning tower of pizza to play sf.

You could play him at the 2.

But, I like his pg potential.

He averaged 5 dimes a game and shot 44% from 3.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Dude would have to eat the leaning tower of pizza to play sf.

You could play him at the 2.

But, I like his pg potential.

He averaged 5 dimes a game and shot 44% from 3.

I think he probably will top out as a high end bench guy. His versatility will be a real commodity if he's ever able to get his body right. Like you said he'll need to gain a bit of weight, but I think his best role will be a wing off the bench. I don't like him as a pure PG, only because I think he'll be most effective as a secondary play maker, because of his shooting threat. If you have a PG already playing with him who drives and kicks to him, the opposition is going to have a hell of a time trying to figure out if they should close hard on him, or give him some leeway since he can drive and make plays for others. His shot is good, but I think he's more of a catch and shoot type player. If you put the ball in his hands too much, you take away a good chunk of his shooting ability.

But I could see teams go either way with him. We're seeing a trend of some bigger PG's in the NBA being drafted like Exum, MCW, Mudiay, etc. Some teams may view him as a legitimate PG.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really buy into the the idea that a draft is strong or weak prior to the draft.

The grading system in that article doesn't seem to seem to great at least when it comes to getting stars which is what matters in basketball.

2003 was rated as one of the lowest draft grades while 2010 is one of the highest.

2010 turned out to be a really, really strong class. Wall, Favors, Cousins, Hayward, George, Bledsoe, Bradley, Whiteside, to name a few.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca your synopsis is pretty on target. Levert has foot issues. In the past, that stuff seems to haunt big guys throughout their careers, but he is light and not that large. Media punps Chris way up these days, even breaking top 10. I think his personality may be the story...a real fighter. Thats what concerns me about Simmons. I think Philly is actually in a tough spot. Why not take a Ingrams? seems to have more to me. Hield is a very solid choice as does Murray and Brown. Bender worries me too.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2010 turned out to be a really, really strong class. Wall, Favors, Cousins, Hayward, George, Bledsoe, Bradley, Whiteside, to name a few.

Point being that 2010 was hardly the best class of the past 15 years in retrospect. Not by a long shot.