• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't do it Robert....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This back room dealing is not Roger Goodell's idea. This is the NFL owners telling the league office that they don't want to push deflategate into the courts.

There are two things at play here for the other owners. (1) Kraft single-handedly saved the NFL from a long dragged out labor fight with the NFLPA. Johnathan Kraft put together the CBA and the both the owners and players have profited. (2) Robert and Johnathan Kraft literally crafted the national TV contracts that have made every owner and the league filthy rich.

The owners know that the NFL's history is court is horrible. They always hire a big, expensive law team that costs about $5000 an hour and ends up agreeing to a nut crushing agreement. The absolute last thing the owners want to see is Robert Kraft's legal team tearing up the league by making all of the little dirty league secrets public. The minute integrity is mentioned the gloves will be off and the owners know it's a fight that can't be won.

My guess is that the league will reduce the fine to $100,000 and take away a 6th round pick in 2016.

They can't touch the Brady case because the NFLPA is involved but they can have a separate back door deal. Big problem there is that no one wants to look bad and the NFLPA will make hay unless the suspension is revoked. If that happens then the league "lied" and the "integrity argument gets shot in the foot.

The NFL literally shredded the NFLPA in the last CBA...Kraft didn't "save" the NFL from anything...the players may have even caved further.

Kraft eluded to the reality in his presser.

He pulled back "for the good of the 32"...enough said really. My guess is this deal gets Brady on the field in 2 games vs 4...that's why RG insists on hearing the appeal.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I only care about our fans,” Kraft said from San Francisco on Wednesday. “I did my part to be a good partner, I think. The most important thing to me is that the fans of the New England Patriots know that I’m always trying to look out for the team’s best interest, and I think this was in the best long-term interest of our team.”

Sure don't feel that way Robert. You declared NE guilty.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft was instrumental in concentrating authority with the commissioner, I think he had to do it. I'm really not upset about it. I do think he should have at least appealed it based on the gauge reading issue, even though I doubt he would be successful.

Kraft deserves alot of credit for saving this organization - I've been a fan since the Sullivan Era been (through the Kiam, Orthwein eras). I can understand the anger, but in the grand scheme of things, I'm grateful he bought the team in 1992.

He admitted no guilt - but he's going to eat it. It is what it is.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not angry at Krafty at all. Somebody is responsible but it is not the organization.
Now Jonathan is being groomed by Kraft. Do you think Kraft wanted him to learn a lesson?
After all, Jonathan could have made all this shit go away for $25K. Think it wasn't a good lesson for him, moving forward?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not angry at Krafty at all. Somebody is responsible but it is not the organization.
Now Jonathan is being groomed by Kraft. Do you think Kraft wanted him to learn a lesson?
After all, Jonathan could have made all this shit go away for $25K. Think it wasn't a good lesson for him, moving forward?

Spell it out for the dumb guy please...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How so? :scratch:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have excelled in my field by knowing how and when to negotiate. $25,000 is nothing. The chances of the entire team being totally innocent - I mean pure, was very slim. Anything, any slip, would be cause for the head office haters to cry foul. I would have taken the fine and given an apology that said " If I said anything that caused my staff to take action on their own, it is my fault. I apologize. let's play ball" Haters cry foul, NE wins SB. SportsHoopla goes nuts for a week. We talk draft for the next 2 months.....

To let this even have a chance to look like a cover-up is a mistake, considering the hate. Give Goodell the chance to sweep it under the rug and look capable.....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have excelled in my field by knowing how and when to negotiate. $25,000 is nothing. The chances of the entire team being totally innocent - I mean pure, was very slim. Anything, any slip, would be cause for the head office haters to cry foul. I would have taken the fine and given an apology that said " If I said anything that caused my staff to take action on their own, it is my fault. I apologize. let's play ball" Haters cry foul, NE wins SB. SportsHoopla goes nuts for a week. We talk draft for the next 2 months.....

To let this even have a chance to look like a cover-up is a mistake, considering the hate. Give Goodell the chance to sweep it under the rug and look capable.....

I don't think this was going to go away for $25K. The league was intent on getting a pound or more of flesh from the Pats.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this was going to go away for $25K. The league was intent on getting a pound or more of flesh from the Pats.

They would not have made the offer if they didn't want it to go away.
To say the League mishandled this is an understatement.
To think Jonathan handled this like a young man is spot on IMHO. Robert would have made this go away.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't over..........