• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don Wakamatsu / Rays / Wil Meyers

Don Wakamatsu

• I liked him, he was a good coach.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I disliked him, he was a horrible coast.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • He wasn't good or bad, he was just mediocre.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad this clown didnt get the manager position in Tampa. I mean the Rays have suffered enough this offseason with losing Andrew & Joe. I wonder if the magic is going to stop with them now from the draft picks to trades. It's kind of scary to think what Andrew Friedman can do with an almost limitless payroll. I think the Rays may have one last surge because of previous moves. I still wonder if they would ever consider moving Wil Meyers for someone like Walker..I mean they're both unproven. Anyways back to the main topic, so glad Don didn't get the position because I respect the Rays still, and hope the rest if their FO is competent enough to keep them competitive. I mean Wakamatsu wasn't horrible but he wasn't the best either, I honestly don't know why KC has even kept him around. So who liked Don?? I'm just curious.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Don over Lloyd, the clubhouse exploded because of horrible leaders not because of his poor coaching.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like him for more personal reasons. I met him in person the night after Jr hit that walk off double. He was doing a charity dinner auction thing down in Sodo and just seemed really unfriendly, then didn't tip the valet.

He also always struck me as kind of a sane Jim Harbaugh type. All attitude all the time. He just always seemed unlikable to me.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like him for more personal reasons. I met him in person the night after Jr hit that walk off double. He was doing a charity dinner auction thing down in Sodo and just seemed really unfriendly, then didn't tip the valet.

He also always struck me as kind of a sane Jim Harbaugh type. All attitude all the time. He just always seemed unlikable to me.

I can respect that, the exact same reason I despise Pat Gillick.