• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dominique Easley placed on injured reserve

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks. Depth takes a hit.

Injuries remain concern: When the Patriots made Easley their first-round pick (29th overall), the initial reaction was "surprised" because of his injury history. Easley tore both ACLs while at the University of Florida, and one of the main concerns that scouts expressed was that Easley was an undersized pass-rusher (6-foot-2, 288 pounds) coming off injuries who would now have bigger-bodied offensive linemen leaning on him -- not a great combination. Eight months later, the injuries remain a concern. Easley hurt his shoulder Oct. 5, and the official reason for his placement on IR is his knee.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been very critical of BB's drafting.i dont know where he gets his info from or what he is thinking

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe that team doctors for most college teams realize that their primary paycheck is the school athletic department. When a kid is ready for the NFL Draft, they pretty much follow the standard line on players who've suffered any type of injury......."He's healed well, he's surpassed the protocols for this type of injury. He should be ready to play for the NFL season opener."

The Patriots knew the extent of Easly's injuries and they checked him out. His running and range of motion were excellent. They had no idea of his ability to put excessive pressure on the leg. They brought him along slowly and made the decision to let him play at full speed. They found that the leg needed more time developmental recovery and did the smart thing, they shut him down.

He's back in therapy and will have the rest of this season, the off season and training camp to get the leg back to full NFL game speed.

re: Lasvegas...........that's why we are all sitting here typing in a sports thread and BB is coaching an NFL team. Believe me, he knows what he's doing when it comes to drafting NFL capable players. You want to question quality drafting, look 315 miles South of Boston to Gang Green.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe that team doctors for most college teams realize that their primary paycheck is the school athletic department. When a kid is ready for the NFL Draft, they pretty much follow the standard line on players who've suffered any type of injury......."He's healed well, he's surpassed the protocols for this type of injury. He should be ready to play for the NFL season opener."

The Patriots knew the extent of Easly's injuries and they checked him out. His running and range of motion were excellent. They had no idea of his ability to put excessive pressure on the leg. They brought him along slowly and made the decision to let him play at full speed. They found that the leg needed more time developmental recovery and did the smart thing, they shut him down.

He's back in therapy and will have the rest of this season, the off season and training camp to get the leg back to full NFL game speed.

re: Lasvegas...........that's why we are all sitting here typing in a sports thread and BB is coaching an NFL team. Believe me, he knows what he's doing when it comes to drafting NFL capable players. You want to question quality drafting, look 315 miles South of Boston to Gang Green.

Well said.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been very critical of BB's drafting.i dont know where he gets his info from or what he is thinking

I don't have a checklist but I'd bet he is still better than most others around the league, and there are plenty with HUGE fails year in and year out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB's draft picks suck,he can very well COACH a team,but he cant build one

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And still here they are in control of their own destiny at 12 and 3. BB doesn't suck at drafting as much as everybody is saying.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grappolo, Ridley, Vareen, Bolden, Edelman, Vollmer, Solder, Connelly, Wendell, Stork, Hernandez, Gronkowski on offense.
Easly, Wilfork, Ninkovih, Mayo, Collins, Hightower, McCourty, Ryan, Wilson, Harmon, Arrington on Defense
Allen, Gostowkski, Slater on Special Teams

That's 25 guys who play every week. Most of these guys are not first rounders. You're entitled to your opinion lasvegas...............just one thing.

My father was not a well educated man but he had some pretty decent ideas and ways of saying them that could be easily understood.....here's one....

"Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one......most of 'em stink."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to put this article here for you guys when it comes to drafting. I like what the writer had to say about the Patriots in they have not hit a whole lot of home runs in the draft as of late they haven't had a ton of busts either. They have been a team that has added good depth year in and year out and gotten at least a little production from many of their draft picks.

Which NFL teams have drafted best over the last 5 years? | Q

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grappolo, Ridley, Vareen, Bolden, Edelman, Vollmer, Solder, Connelly, Wendell, Stork, Hernandez, Gronkowski on offense.
Easly, Wilfork, Ninkovih, Mayo, Collins, Hightower, McCourty, Ryan, Wilson, Harmon, Arrington on Defense
Allen, Gostowkski, Slater on Special Teams

That's 25 guys who play every week. Most of these guys are not first rounders. You're entitled to your opinion lasvegas...............just one thing.

My father was not a well educated man but he had some pretty decent ideas and ways of saying them that could be easily understood.....here's one....

"Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one......most of 'em stink."

Well....Hernandez isn't suiting up every week, but thats splitting hairs. He was a good pick until he went schitso.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....Hernandez isn't suiting up every week, but thats splitting hairs. He was a good pick until he went schitso.

I would also say Grappolo does not play every week from that list. I haven't watched every New England game this year but pretty sure he has only played in a few games and most of that was downing the football to end it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also say Grappolo does not play every week from that list. I haven't watched every New England game this year but pretty sure he has only played in a few games and most of that was downing the football to end it.

No, your right. The majority of games Jimmy spends prepparing.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've written three responses and erased them all. It's not worth the effort. I'm just going to sit back enjoy the pathetic performance of Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos last night. The Bronco fans have already started bitching about the officials..................

First place to look....the QB. I thought he had an arm injury. I was told I was full of shit. OK ....His arm is healthy. Last night he looked like exactly like a healthy Geno Smith and his rating and INTs were probably pretty close too.