• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins Sign K Hocker To Compete With Caleb Sturgis

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have stayed with Carpenter

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no as Carp missed plenty of short FG's when they were desperately needed too. So far Sturgis hasn't been an improvement. The kid who replaced Sturgis was money but injured himself I'd bring him back...I think it was Potter.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no as Carp missed plenty of short FG's when they were desperately needed too. So far Sturgis hasn't been an improvement. The kid who replaced Sturgis was money but injured himself I'd bring him back...I think it was Potter.

Potter kicked more accurately than Sturgis but it was with a lot less kicks than Sturgis had over the course of the season. I think Potter had a chance to make the roster before he got injured. I am glad the Fins are bringing in Hocker for competition. So many games in the NFL are close. A top kicker makes a big difference. Each of the teams that are still in the playoffs have very good kickers.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potter kicked more accurately than Sturgis but it was with a lot less kicks than Sturgis had over the course of the season. I think Potter had a chance to make the roster before he got injured. I am glad the Fins are bringing in Hocker for competition. So many games in the NFL are close. A top kicker makes a big difference. Each of the teams that are still in the playoffs have very good kickers.

Vinatieri and Gostkowski have been the top two kickers in the league this year. These guys are kicking in the mid 90's in accuracy range which is very impressive. The NFC guys are kicking at more than 80% accuracy which is better than what Sturgis has done for the Fins. With Sturgis' accuracy there are times when it's best to go for it on 4th down. That's one of the reasons I'd like to see the Fins be able to improve their short yardage running game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes kicking game has to improve. I don't know much about Hocker anyone have info? Is he any good or just a prospect?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes kicking game has to improve. I don't know much about Hocker anyone have info? Is he any good or just a prospect?

Hocker was an accurate place kicker at Arkansas with an 86.7 average in 2013 before he was drafted by Washington. He has good range on his kicks in the low to mid 50 yard range. He also averaged more than 45 yards with punts with 7 attempts. He could be a good back up that position also if won a roster spot. I think that he'll give Sturgis some good competition for the place kicker job. Sturgis should be nailing nearly all of his kicks between 40-49 yards yet he's made 6 out of 10 of his kicks from that range.