• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doesn't smell like a Rose...

ChiTownCliff

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am getting a bit sick of watching the growing pains of Rose's return. I am still a fan, but I am wearing out. I defended him for years, all the way back to the SAT crap. Honestly, Rose should be coming off the bench and playing 20-25 minutes until he is NBA ready. The Bulls need to ease him in a bit more. I understand that it is the beginning of the season and that the Bulls have a winning record. This does not negate the fact that the Bulls seem to run smoother with Captain Kirk at the helm for the time being.

Rose is struggling and struggling bad. Let us look at some stats and where he is ranks.

1) First and foremost a point guard's job is to create offense and not just jack up shots. Rose ranks 29th is APG with just 4.5 per game. I can almost understand bad shooting, but there is no excuse for this.

2) PGs are also supposed to be able to handle the ball, but Rose ranks 5th highest in turnovers and has one of the highest assist/turnover ratios in the league. I have noticed that many of his passes to the inside bigs are low and below the knees or simply off the mark completely.

3) Shooting? Rose is known as a scoring point guard. Sure he has averaged a decent amount of assists in the pass, but his explosiveness and ability to hit shots in the clutch elevated him to the position of a top 10 player a couple years back. While, he has never been a "great' shooter, his numbers this season are sad at best. 15ppg sounds okay for a player coming back from missing a season, but shooting .332 from the field is crazy.

What we have here is a star player that is taking too many shots and not getting the team involved. Rose cannot carry the team right now, but he seems to think he can. This is dangerous as one wrong tunr on that knee could be the end.

I honestly think the Bulls should limit his minutes or even play him behind Kirk. Maybe playing against some more bench lineups will boost his confidence. I am at a loss. I know it is early, but I am worried.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliffy as always dropping that knowledge. 4.5 APG is atrocious considering how often the ball is in his hands.

You dropped some numbers on here that i didn't even know about.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at that bright side..The Bulls are on a 5 game winning streak

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you just have to suffer it out. If Rose comes off the bench his return to top form will be delayed. Word.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love misery from Rose loyalists (and assumed LBJ haters) your honest evaluations lead me to remind you it is early and he took a year off. There will be rust and clearly his mind is timid. Luckily you guys had a playoff team with out him even winning a series. He has all year to turn this around and the games do not matter until the first 82 are played.

Him coming off the bench is not a bad idea, even if he is a Harden situation that was huge for OKC. It will never happen for PR and Rose's contract and commercials and all the BS.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice call out Cliff. I agree with Crotch. The kid is a top 10 player. Maybe he should have gone to Germany and got some juice too!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose is avg 15 and 4 on 36% shooting

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paraphrasing:

Colin Coherd today said

"the bulls have the recipe to win, Rose needs to not be scoring 24 a night and the rest of the team needs to score more, they have been distributing the ball a ton" etc or some shit like that

and his cohost immediately says "you know Rose is still taking the same amount of shots, he is just missing them"

cowerd: "its a conundrum"

Not one of his brighter moments top to bottom.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we still talking about this guy? Next!

ChiTownCliff

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now he is hurt again!? Bulls need to do some soul searching now.

Rose out! Noah not 100%! Deng is plays hurt all the time! Boozer has a history with injury, but except for tripping on a gym bag, he has been pretty healthy. Bulls have a ton of salaries that nobody wants. Deng might be moved, but for what?

Looks like the window for making it to the Finals has closed.

Let's Go Pacers! Let's Go Spurs! lol