• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does this forum have Spoiler tags?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On other vBulletin boards, I've seen spoiler tags used.

You just use .

Using the spoiler tag will put a client-side button in the post. If you click it, the text, image, or video in between the spoiler tags will be revealed.

Perhaps they're just named differently here? For example, this board uses "youtube" tags for video, while another vBulletin board uses "Video".

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never heard about that. That sounds cool. Based upon the fact I never heard that, no, I don't know if we have it (I know most everything in functions, here). There are a few things in functioning that I don't know, so there's a possibility of one, ability of one, maybe they just need to activate it (but didn't because they thought it was unnecessary.

Having said how cool that would be, I have almost no faith that posters other than you, Sackataters, or myself would know or use it, and there always will be someone at sometime who thinks it funny to reveal the spoiler, whether that be a sports score or movie ending.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never heard about that. That sounds cool. Based upon the fact I never heard that, no, I don't know if we have it (I know most everything in functions, here). There are a few things in functioning that I don't know, so there's a possibility of one, ability of one, maybe they just need to activate it (but didn't because they thought it was unnecessary.

Having said how cool that would be, I have almost no faith that posters other than you, Sackataters, or myself would know or use it, and there always will be someone at sometime who thinks it funny to reveal the spoiler, whether that be a sports score or movie ending.

Posters on the other Sports SportsHoopla forums would definitely know how to use it. It's a great tool not only to avoid presenting spoilers, but to give your post an element of surprise.

On a music forum where I post, it's used extensively in that capacity, especially in the threads about TV shows. Spoiler tags are used to encompass animated GIFs that have a significant reveal to the plot.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you check if it just needs to be activated?

On another forum, I had to ask a mod about whether it existed. He responded back that he activated it, and then showed me what the tags were for its use ("spoiler")

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you allow nested quoting? So if I'm quoting a post that had a quote, it copies that inner quote with it? (Or all inner quotes, and then I can delete the inner ones that I don't want anymore).

It makes it easier to follow a conversation if you can see some of the inner quotes.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can multi-quote, but I don't think you can nest quote without doing it yourself, like this:

Can you allow nested quoting? So if I'm quoting a post that had a quote, it copies that inner quote with it? (Or all inner quotes, and then I can delete the inner ones that I don't want anymore).

t makes it easier to follow a conversation if you can see some of the inner quotes.

I think here's another example of how to install it:

Most elegant Spoiler-Tag [BB-Code] - vBulletin.org Forum

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoiler tags would be cool, although they're not as useful here as they may be in some others. To be fair there's honestly a lot of decent uses for them, though. For example on a coding site I frequent there are occasional coding challenges, and people can post their code in spoiler tags so people can read through the thread to find questions about it without having to be influenced by a bunch of other's code.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can multi-quote, but I don't think you can nest quote without doing it yourself, like this:

Yeah, I was hoping there was a way to automatically include the nested quotes, when hitting the "quote" button, without manually doing nesting them. Oh well, thanks.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys would probably get a faster reply if you were to move this to the Site Suggestion forum. It's right below the Water Cooler at the top.