• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Stoops run up the score on Tenn?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if you are going to hang your hat on a single game,

Auburn and Georgia lost too...Florida wasn't in a bowl game...

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops run up the score? Of course he will if he gets the chance. Stoops has a streak of dick in him and it's why OU fans sometimes get tired of his cocky attitude when he hasn't yet come close to equaling Bud Wilkinson's and Barry Switzer's success at Oklahoma. OU fans are enjoying the chance to smack talk the SEC lately but there could be some fallout someday. I'm not talking about having to beat a good SEC team in the playoff....that's just part of football. What I'm more concerned about is playing a game in the playoff and we get a SEC officiating crew. Now that could get interesting; it only takes a couple of bad calls and shit happens. Example: Autzen Stadium.

speak for yourself. the one thing he is not equal in is MNC's. Some of that is his fault, some not so much.

and as for running up the score, I never heard anybody accuse any of Switzer's teams that routinely hung half a hundred on teams whether they were good or bad....

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn and Georgia lost too...Florida wasn't in a bowl game...

Well I thought last year was a down year for the SEC as a whole if that is what you are saying. Bound to happen with all the talent that keeps leaving early for the NFL.

But I didn't see any other conference dominate last year, or dominate for the years before that etc.

I really don't know why people get so upset about the SEC and "team SEC". It's not like your team can't be successful or is being left out.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speak for yourself. the one thing he is not equal in is MNC's. Some of that is his fault, some not so much.

and as for running up the score, I never heard anybody accuse any of Switzer's teams that routinely hung half a hundred on unsuspecting patsies....

A. Stoops is light years away from equaling Wilkinson's or Switzer's records. He needs two more NC's to get there.
B. Switzer delighted in running up the score on people. What's your point? It takes a streak of dick to do that. Some coaches like Bill Snyder wouldn't do it. For the record, I'm all for it if it makes a real point.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I thought last year was a down year for the SEC as a whole if that is what you are saying. Bound to happen with all the talent that keeps leaving early for the NFL.

But I didn't see any other conference dominate last year, or dominate for the years before that etc.

I really don't know why people get so upset about the SEC and "team SEC". It's not like your team can't be successful or is being left out.

How am I upset over team sec getting beat in bowl games last year? I'm just posting factual information to counter your claims about your precious team sec...you guise had a good run.:thumb:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you goan fly that conference flag fly it for all teams for everyone to see.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the 5th or 6th best team in the SEC West blow Texas in Austin last year?

Yes, without it's #1 QB who torched and abused Ole Miss's secondary the year before when Texas dropped 66pts on Ole Miss in Oxford. Just out of curiosity, were you suckin off Ole Miss after that game?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you goan fly that conference flag fly it for all teams for everyone to see.

So I can start using Colorado as the example of Pac12 strength for future discussions and you are ok with that?

Because I always thought that would be dishonest and not a very accurate picture of the overall strength of the Pac12.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Stoops is light years away from equaling Wilkinson's or Switzer's records. He needs two more NC's to get there.
B. Switzer delighted in running up the score on people. What's your point? It takes a streak of dick to do that. Some coaches like Bill Snyder wouldn't do it. For the record, I'm all for it if it makes a real point.

a) I'm pretty sure I mentioned he was behind in MNC's, didn't I? He has more total wins. Winning % is within points. He's been COY twice. Bud was also COY twice, but Barry only once. He has 8 CCC's behind Bud's 14 and Barry's 12, but has arguably played in a better overall conference in the BIG 12 than did Bud or Barry in the BIG 8.

b) but did anybody every accuse Barry of being a dick? I certainly don't remember it if they did.

Believe me, Bud is the man and Barry is next in line, but Bob is close behind.

One thing about it, no other school has had 3 coaches win over 100 games for them and that ain't bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In answer to the OP, yes Stoops will run up the score if he can. He may even have confusion thinking they are to much like Texas with the colors and the initials.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, blowing out Tennessee will surely show the entire country the SEC is over-rated.

:lol:

The best part is - I think you actually believe shit like this.

Oh fuck no. A&M shattering every SEC offensive record in their 1st year and then MIZZWHO almost winning the SEC in their 2nd year already proved how overrated that conference is. An average OU team ass raping Bama last year just solidified it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could never do an avatar bet...Can't stomach the thought of putting some other team's logo on my profile.
Seems-Legit-16.jpg

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I can start using Colorado as the example of Pac12 strength for future discussions and you are ok with that?

Because I always thought that would be dishonest and not a very accurate picture of the overall strength of the Pac12.

I don't fly PAC flag. I am not team PAC.

I m rogue bruh

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they were shitty in the BIG 8/BIG 12 and now they are shittty in the PAC.

What's the difference?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b) but did anybody every accuse Barry of being a dick? I certainly don't remember it if they did.

DKR didn't actually call Switzer a dick, but he called him a liar for denying that he had spies watch the Longhorn's practices prior to the '76 RRS.
1976 TX-OU: A bitter, mean end of an era - Barking Carnival
For decades Switzer denied it, but in order to sell copies of his book he told the truth. He did spy.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck no. A&M shattering every SEC offensive record in their 1st year and then MIZZWHO almost winning the SEC in their 2nd year already proved how overrated that conference is. An average OU team ass raping Bama last year just solidified it.

A&M would have won the big12 that year, as shown by the beating they put on your "co champ" in the bowl game. Yet, they didn't even finish in the top3 of their own division within the SEC that year. And the majority of the stats Manziel had that were so glamorous were bullshit and came against low quality opponents.

Missouri plays in the SEC East and was never even close to winning the SEC. It's no different than when they were winning the Big12 North.

And OU won because of turnovers.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fly PAC flag. I am not team PAC.

I m rogue bruh

Oh but you do.

You just don't chant because your conference never accomplishes anything. Hell your premier game is against the Big10.