• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Puig's awful performance's affect his mindset for 2nd half?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went o'fer in the HR derby.
Struckout 3 times in the AS game.
Horribly misplayed Trout's triple off the wall in the first inning.

Those are big stages to humiliate yourself. If he was a vet of the league, I wouldn't even put it to thought if it could affect his play. But being young and cocky, it might weigh heavy on his mind moving forward.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about Puig here. No, I don't think it'll affect him at all.

The fact that he's young and cocky, to me, means that it'll roll right off his back. Hell, he might even be a little more motivated now.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any better pick than the Dodgers to win the WS? I don't think so. Hard to see that happening without Puig playing an instrumental role.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any better pick than the Dodgers to win the WS? I don't think so. Hard to see that happening without Puig playing an instrumental role.

How about the team that's outscored their opponents by 95 more runs (+145) than the Dodgers have (+50), leading all of baseball in run differential by a very wide margin?

Dodgers are better than this IMO, but they aren't without their flaws. Puig and Van Slyke are the only outfielders on that team that have been productive. Kemp's batting stats are alright, but his defense completely negates anything he does with the bat. Ethier looks toast. Crawford's a sunk cost at this point. Ellis is a good catcher, but the dropoff from him to Fedz/Butera/Olivo is pretty big.

Last edited by a moderator:

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he plays like Nick Swisher this October then all of this will come back up to the surface, until then I wouldn't worry if I were a Dodger fan.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, but he still should do it. Along with Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Ramirez, Kemp, Vin Scully and a few others.
Kemp's one of the worst players in the league right now, so him retiring would probably help the Dodgers right now. His defense is that bad.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the team that's outscored their opponents by 95 more runs (+145) than the Dodgers have (+50), leading all of baseball in run differential by a very wide margin?

Dodgers are better than this IMO, but they aren't without their flaws. Puig and Van Slyke are the only outfielders on that team that have been productive. Kemp's batting stats are alright, but his defense completely negates anything he does with the bat. Ethier looks toast. Crawford's a sunk cost at this point. Ellis is a good catcher, but the dropoff from him to Fedz/Butera/Olivo is pretty big.

If you're in on the A's and they advance to the WS to face LAD, I will take your action.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about Puig here. No, I don't think it'll affect him at all.

The fact that he's young and cocky, to me, means that it'll roll right off his back. Hell, he might even be a little more motivated now.
He's lucky he hardly understands English.

The heckling he will get on the road after these 2 days would probably get to him.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it will effect him at all. I think he was just a little nervous thats it. once he gets back to regular games he will get back to his old self

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just TTL wise, I would take the Dodgers over any team if we are going off nothing else, including the A's. Stuff happens though of course like the 1st half of the season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I didn't even see your comment. Yes.

Cool. I will look you up if the A's face face the Dodgers in the WS. My thinking is that starting pitching matters far more than advanced stats. Then again, I am frequently wrong!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. I will look you up if the A's face face the Dodgers in the WS. My thinking is that starting pitching matters far more than advanced stats. Then again, I am frequently wrong!

A's starters: 3.13 ERA

Dodgers: 3.08 ERA

granted that was with Kershaw missing some time, but the A's also just got Samardzija/Hammel. Also, run differential is hardly an advanced stat. :) :suds: