• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Mark Jackson have a foot out the door already?

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony that most people are missing, is that the Scalabrini debacle may actually save Jackson his job. How? It may turn out to be genius... If this lockerroom is behind Jackson as much as I think they are, this could act as a rallying point to prove that he is in the right. That may lead to a hell of a run.

Lacob is a results oriented guy. Now let's say that the dubs go on a run to close out and end up in the 5 seed and upset Houston. I can't imagine a scenario that they could do anything but extend his contract.

It's a bold move by a quietly shrewd man. If the team implodes, then all the blame falls on coach... this drama wouldn't really have changed anything. I think Lacob would ask Jackson to play out his contract (or cut him if they miss the playoffs) anyhow.

They better have a backup plan for a big-time coach. Because at this point, the only way that the team doesn't completely fall apart is by having a strong coach that commands the locker-room.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CitySushi agree to disagree.... but you have to admit looking at that team now they look Horrible!
It just shows how far this team has come is just a few years. I think the year before that it was even worse with Radmanovic and Gadzuric on the team.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph supports the coach, if the 'chise says Coach is already, then its good enough for me.

Dubs enroute to their best record in 20 years, but its not good enough for the haters. Haters going to hate.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree NBK. I think Coach Jackson has done a good job so far and who are we to say he can't get us to a NBA Championship. I think he is also developing.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree NBK. I think Coach Jackson has done a good job so far and who are we to say he can't get us to a NBA Championship. I think he is also developing.

Amen to that, here are some of what Steph had to say

"We're two years removed from being a terrible basketball team," Stephen Curry said Wednesday after practice. "The transformation we've had since coach Jackson has been here has been obviously evident, and it raises expectations. Yeah, we've lost some winnable games we shouldn't have along the way, but that's part of the growth process. We're on pace for the best season in 20 years - that's the sign of good change. I support Coach 100 percent and understand what he's done for us. ... Mostly all of (the change), that's as a result of him."

Steph just blowing smoke in our faces too? Normally I trust Woj, but I think he's a little offbase, and digging into a story that really isn't a big of deal as it seems from the outside.

How many of your coworkers do you get along with? Does it matter if you get results done at work?

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony that most people are missing, is that the Scalabrini debacle may actually save Jackson his job. How? It may turn out to be genius... If this lockerroom is behind Jackson as much as I think they are, this could act as a rallying point to prove that he is in the right. That may lead to a hell of a run.

Lacob is a results oriented guy. Now let's say that the dubs go on a run to close out and end up in the 5 seed and upset Houston. I can't imagine a scenario that they could do anything but extend his contract.

It's a bold move by a quietly shrewd man. If the team implodes, then all the blame falls on coach... this drama wouldn't really have changed anything. I think Lacob would ask Jackson to play out his contract (or cut him if they miss the playoffs) anyhow.

They better have a backup plan for a big-time coach. Because at this point, the only way that the team doesn't completely fall apart is by having a strong coach that commands the locker-room.

Lacob is the 2nd coming of Mark Cuban. He is in the front row and sees home losses to Cleveland, New York, Charlotte, Washington, Denver, Minnesota, and San Antonio twice when they are resting their stars. I bet he is getting impatient and thinks his team is definitely better than that, and he has to see it first hand in person those losses and the underachieving in those games. I bet it pisses him off, especially when they beat these same teams on the road. I bet he thinks they should have 50 wins now and is blaming Jackson. Not that it is right, it is just your dealing with Mark Cuban II and someone has to be the scapegoat.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacob is the 2nd coming of Mark Cuban. He is in the front row and sees home losses to Cleveland, New York, Charlotte, Washington, Denver, Minnesota, and San Antonio twice when they are resting their stars. I bet he is getting impatient and thinks his team is definitely better than that, and he has to see it first hand in person those losses and the underachieving in those games. I bet it pisses him off, especially when they beat these same teams on the road. I bet he thinks they should have 50 wins now and is blaming Jackson. Not that it is right, it is just your dealing with Mark Cuban II and someone has to be the scapegoat.

That's a little off based, I don't see Lacob getting tech fouls, holding press conferences to blame refs, or getting fined by the Commish.

Lacob , along with the FO + Myers, is the reason why this 'chise has turned around from the Rowell / Cohan era.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but he also understands that you don't dump someone who is getting results and has good team chemistry unless you think the culture is wrong and needs changing, or there is someone out there that you can replace him with right now that will deliver results right now. If the team were rebuilding that would be a different story, but they'd need someone to hit the ground running, demand immediate respect and be hands down better than what they have.

The only guys out there that match that criteria ain't comin' here. Coach K, Tom Izzo, Phil is off the market. Stan Van Gundy would be a decent option, but I can't see them making that move and shaking up the locker room over SVG.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he also understands that you don't dump someone who is getting results and has good team chemistry unless you think the culture is wrong and needs changing, or there is someone out there that you can replace him with right now that will deliver results right now. If the team were rebuilding that would be a different story, but they'd need someone to hit the ground running, demand immediate respect and be hands down better than what they have.

The only guys out there that match that criteria ain't comin' here. Coach K, Tom Izzo, Phil is off the market. Stan Van Gundy would be a decent option, but I can't see them making that move and shaking up the locker room over SVG.

Agreed 100%. Lacob has been known to splash around, but he's not going to let go of a coach who has had success unless it's an immediate upgrade. There's no way he's letting Jackson walk, if he has to replace him with someone unknown or with a less than substantial pedigree.

I think it'll be interesting to see what goes on in the head coaching carousel. Lionel Hollins is still on the market. Maybe a coach becomes available because they don't like the direction a team is taking, ala Doc Rivers. I would have suggested Thibs earlier after the Bulls traded away Deng for cap space, but with the recent success of the Bulls I think he sticks there.

Either way there is virtually no way the Warriors let Jackson go, just to downgrade. If he's with the team next year, it'll be because he's the best option for us.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steve Kerr says "hi." :whistle:

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Izzo is fine dealing w skinny college kids. Not ready for the pros and probably not willing to take the challenge. I've got a bias against college coches. Some do a great job with dealing with kids but the moves to the pros is very dicey. Few in the last couple of decades have performed well.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the very worse college coach to to make the move up to the pros was Dickie V aka Dick Vitale. I think he lasted 2 weeks, said he had ulcers and retired.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DET 1978–79 82 30 52 .366
DET 1979–80 12 4 8 .333

DIckie V's actual record.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Izzo is fine dealing w skinny college kids. Not ready for the pros and probably not willing to take the challenge. I've got a bias against college coches. Some do a great job with dealing with kids but the moves to the pros is very dicey. Few in the last couple of decades have performed well.

The only one i can think of that had real success at both levels was Larry Brown, in my mind the best overall (pro) coach ever

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think that Kerr would hit the ground running?

Because,

1) Folks love the "back up QB"
2) Kerr won "many rings"
3) He thinks Kerr will get this team to "try harder"
4) He doesn't like Coach Jackson

All bad reasons IMO.

Folks often say things to :ss: , but its hard to argue with results that someone is producing.

Players, D.Lee, Steph, JO, D. Green, and even Jeff Van Gundy , credit Jackson for turning this thing around.

"Look at the results," Jeff Van Gundy told the New York Post. "(The Warriors) were horrible before he came, (and) now they are excellent. He has developed players. They defend. If the media has a problem with winning, then I guess the alternative is to lose against like they did for the previous 15-20 years..
"I don't understand what there is to complain about, seriously."

Folks think things are bad now, just wait until Jackson leaves and we get stuck with lesser Coach. We would go back to the days of overpaying for C- Talent, and no longer being a destination. How quick would players jump ship then?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 wins considering the quality of the competition will be an excellent result. Would a different coach have moved the win/loss needle that much? I doubt it. This isn't a championship quality roster. The mix isn't right - there are too many offensively challenged players on this roster. The bench is anemic. Barnes has a been an absolute disaster. If the Warriors management and Lacob think they've built a championship team I think they're kidding themselves. Maybe Pop could turn this group into a championship team but I wouldn't bet on it. The pieces aren't quite in place yet. If starting lineups only won championships then there might be an argument that Dubs should be doing better.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because,

1) Folks love the "back up QB"
2) Kerr won "many rings"
3) He thinks Kerr will get this team to "try harder"
4) He doesn't like Coach Jackson

All bad reasons IMO.

Folks often say things to :ss: , but its hard to argue with results that someone is producing.

Players, D.Lee, Steph, JO, D. Green, and even Jeff Van Gundy , credit Jackson for turning this thing around.

"Look at the results," Jeff Van Gundy told the New York Post. "(The Warriors) were horrible before he came, (and) now they are excellent. He has developed players. They defend. If the media has a problem with winning, then I guess the alternative is to lose against like they did for the previous 15-20 years..
"I don't understand what there is to complain about, seriously."

Folks think things are bad now, just wait until Jackson leaves and we get stuck with lesser Coach. We would go back to the days of overpaying for C- Talent, and no longer being a destination. How quick would players jump ship then?

All due respect Lee, don't speak for me. You have no fucking idea what I think, you're just trolling.

Here's the original post:

Lacob may well believe that Kerr, inter alia:
a. can change the culture
b. will deliver results
c. hit the ground running
d. demand immediate respect; and
e. be better than Jax.

My point was that a list of guys who match that list isn't limited to Coach K, Izzo, Jackson, and SVG. There are others that Lacob may well feel can do better.

I'm not necessarily advocating for Kerr, but I'd bet a good sum he's in the mix. Unless Jax makes the Western Conference finals, I think he's gone. I think the Ws are going to have a very difficult time getting out of the first round, and winning two series seems beyond their 2014 reach.

Will someone else do better? Time will tell. But I think Jax is gone.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 wins considering the quality of the competition will be an excellent result. Would a different coach have moved the win/loss needle that much? I doubt it. This isn't a championship quality roster. The mix isn't right - there are too many offensively challenged players on this roster. The bench is anemic. Barnes has a been an absolute disaster. If the Warriors management and Lacob think they've built a championship team I think they're kidding themselves. Maybe Pop could turn this group into a championship team but I wouldn't bet on it. The pieces aren't quite in place yet. If starting lineups only won championships then there might be an argument that Dubs should be doing better.

And this, I think, is what Jax will be dinged for. His second units have no fucking plan on offense. None. He does hockey substitutions and yet even with Blake the ball doesn't move. At best, it's pass/pass/iso. At worst, it's Crawford jacking up a shot or an errant pass for a dunk the other way.

Lack of a strategic plan. That's what Scalbrini was supposed to help with and Jax wanted him gone. I can't see Myers keeping him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this, I think, is what Jax will be dinged for. His second units have no fucking plan on offense. None. He does hockey substitutions and yet even with Blake the ball doesn't move. At best, it's pass/pass/iso. At worst, it's Crawford jacking up a shot or an errant pass for a dunk the other way.

Lack of a strategic plan. That's what Scalbrini was supposed to help with and Jax wanted him gone. I can't see Myers keeping him.

You could be right, but Myers needs to look at himself in the mirror as well. Warriors needed a replacement for Jack, and his drafting of Nedovic, and subsequent signing of Toney, were odd choices as replacement parts. Eyebrows were raised around the league at using a 1st round pick for Nedovic (albeit a 30th pick), as he was really considered to be mid 2nd round material at best. The book on him was that he was alot more shooting guard than pg, and would be a project at the position. Toney was a guy who had dished out a measly 2 assists a game for his career, and had never shown any signs of being a floor general who could organize an offense.

Crawford is a bandaid at best - in his own orbit, who adds zero cohesion, and very little flow or ball movement to the second unit. He either helps or hurts - there is no steadying middle ground. Myers made up for his mistake with Nedovic/Toney in part, by landing Blake, but other than being a solid three point shooter, Blake is a mediocre offensive player, and no great shakes as a defender. At least he's a true pg who can run an offense, but he's a still a poor replacement for Jack.

I'm not calling Barnes a bust, but he looks like one at the moment. Jackson's coaching could be suspect, but the second unit pieces leave alot to be desired. Draymond and JO can be counted on for consistent play, but that's it. Speights is playing better, but I still don't think he's reliable from game to game. Now that Blake has regressed, (he seems tentative and hesitant lately which is so unlike him as player) things are as bad as they were before his arrival. Barnes shot 29% from the field in March and the Warriors needed him to be the star of the second unit. Myers has put together a great starting unit, but he needs to improve the bench regardless of who the coach is. This isn't a championship roster top to bottom.