• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does being a blue blood really mean anything?

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm No. The college admission scandal throws that into the shitter. USC, among others fired coaches because they were bribed to tell admissions that they were needed for the team. As long as they qualify through the NCAA, they're in...

The Coaches Connected to the College Admissions Fraud Case
So throw USC out of the picture is they are still softening admission just for athletes. But my point is general in nature not specific to an incident. On the two ends of the spectrum, I do believe that some athletes at Mississippi State would have no chance at being accepted at Notre Dame, Stanford, Cal, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does being a blue blood really help there? Your top two recruiting classes this year are likely to be Clemson and UGA. Neither are blue blood programs
There are consistently 4+ blue bloods in the top 10, and 6+ in the top 15.

So, nearly all are there (cough, Nebraska)

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is USC in the top 50?
They are usually up there. Some circumstances have hindered it this year.

It was just 2 years ago (?) That they were top 5

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are usually up there. Some circumstances have hindered it this year.

It was just 2 years ago (?) That they were top 5
If simply being a blue blood meant anything, no blue blood would ever be behind Bowling Green and North Texas in recruiting under any circumstance

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still the universe of 4 and 5 stars is smaller for these schools than it is for others and the other are going after these players also.

I do not disagree but IMHO this is where the separation from having an elite team to being a BB comes in to play. I am not trying to convince anyone that my views are righter than anyone else's, just trying to explain my views.

Keeping that in mind:

history has a part … Our first claimed was in 57 and the other in 2010. In comparison the 50s and 80s are the only decades Bama does not claim at least one since 1900. Even if we claimed every title recognized by the NCAA the time gaps between natties are 21(from inception to the first), 41, 26, 10 and 17 years.

Perception is reality- A recruit in any position … with the exception of placekicker :dhd: … considering Alabama can have reasonable expectations, not hope but bona fide expectations, of winning at least one natty, playing for more AND being developed into an NFL draftee based on past history and present performances. IMHO this is the point on the bell curve that separates fielding an elite team and being a blue blood. There are only three or four teams that currently meet this standard in my thinking.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If simply being a blue blood meant anything, no blue blood would ever be behind Bowling Green and North Texas in recruiting under any circumstance
Kids aren't morons (well, some are).

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, nobody gives a shit what your team did 50+ years ago.

We just watched two blue bloods get taken down by two non blue bloods today.

fag. Win your bowl game. Georgia fans talk too much. Win something.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fag. Win your bowl game. Georgia fans talk too much. Win something.

Meh. Talking about championships that happened more than 5 years ago is beyond pathetic, much less over 20 years ago.

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Talking about championships that happened more than 5 years ago is beyond pathetic, much less over 20 years ago.

Georgia fans talk like "the" fans, but haven't done shit since way past five years. Blueblood or not, sometimes you call your shot; sometimes you stfu and you take it.

Georgia lost to a South Carolina school, but it wasn't Clemson.Georgia didn't belong.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'd much rather be Clemson than tell everybody what ND did in the fucking 1920's and 1940's.

seriously. No one born in the 2000's is going to give a fuck about Knute Rockne, Fielding Yost or Bob Neyland.

El Goyo

handi gave me my cool av. Derrp. Oof.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia fans talk like "the" fans, but haven't done shit since way past five years. Blueblood or not, sometimes you call your shot; sometimes you stfu and you take it.

Georgia lost to a South Carolina school, but it wasn't Clemson.Georgia didn't belong.
I’ve been typing in school name football record as a google search & it shows last 3 seasons. 2017, 2018 & 2019 on Sports Reference. Last 3 years Georgia has a spectacular record!

Winning 13, 11 & 11 or 35 games. AP ranked 2, 2 & 3.

I like to keep it simple. 3 years in a row they have been a top 3 team. That’s elite cream of the crop and dare I say blue blood territory.

Nebraska (why is it being brought up?) has 4, 4 & 5 wins & was ranked once by AP at 24. Nebraska needs to get to can we go .500 in a year? Can we beat Illinois, Perdue or Northwestern mode?

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously. No one born in the 2000's is going to give a fuck about Knute Rockne, Fielding Yost or Bob Neyland.

I agree, but caution that as long as their Momma knows about Touchdown Jesus, the Bear or the General, it matters.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Catholic parents may well have serious want for their kid to go to Notre Dame.

Great school academically that regardless of football would maybe set their kid up for life, and then put a football resume behind it?

I don't blame anybody for going to Notre Dame. One of the best academic schools in the entire country, and likely the 'nuts' from a combined academic/football perspective.

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catholic parents may well have serious want for their kid to go to Notre Dame.

Great school academically that regardless of football would maybe set their kid up for life, and then put a football resume behind it?

I don't blame anybody for going to Notre Dame. One of the best academic schools in the entire country, and likely the 'nuts' from a combined academic/football perspective.

Their Leprechaun kills young men

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neat. Is this conversation going anywhere, or are you just gonna continue to spew retarded bullshit completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Either stop being worthless or kill yourself, but either way, stop wasting everyone else's time with your existence.

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat. Is this conversation going anywhere, or are you just gonna continue to spew retarded bullshit completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Either stop being worthless or kill yourself, but either way, stop wasting everyone else's time with your existence.

I hurt your fucking feelings. The world is a hard place. Grab my belt loop bitch.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hurt your fucking feelings. The world is a hard place. Grab my belt loop bitch.
Don’t flatter yourself, no feelings are hurt, I just call a spade a spade and thank God every day that I don’t pull for a dead program like Nebraska