• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anyone think OK State still makes the tourney?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at what rmilia posted. They would have good computer numbers.

No need to jump on me I am saying they absolutely shouldn't get in but they would have numbers that support the notion.

Yeah, but they are the poster child for numbers manipulation. They play enough good teams and beat enough cupcakes that they get ranked somewhat highly. Even if they lose most of the tough games, they are still a solid numbers team. And when a conference has at least three such teams (Baylor, WVU, and OK State), it has a compounding effect.

This is how a team can be a tourney-worthy RPI team without doing shit. They all have inflated RPIs. As a whole, they had 4 OOC wins against teams that are going to be a 6 seed or higher. To put that into perspective, Wisconsin has 3 by itself.

Again, the recipe for having good numbers is to beat high-level cupcakes. A lot of the pesky Big 12 coaches figured that out. It doesn't mean that every team in that conference is good, because they aren't.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they are the poster child for numbers manipulation. They play enough good teams and beat enough cupcakes that they get ranked somewhat highly. Even if they lose most of the tough games, they are still a solid numbers team. And when a conference has at least three such teams (Baylor, WVU, and OK State), it has a compounding effect.

This is how a team can be a tourney-worthy RPI team without doing shit. They all have inflated RPIs. As a whole, they had 4 OOC wins against teams that are going to be a 6 seed or higher. To put that into perspective, Wisconsin has 3 by itself.

Again, the recipe for having good numbers is to beat high-level cupcakes. A lot of the pesky Big 12 coaches figured that out. It doesn't mean that every team in that conference is good, because they aren't.

Yeah believe me I know all about the scheduling "good" cupcakes. It is a joke. lLast year Marquette had a great rpi(winning a lot of games was a big part) but the had smart cupcake scheduling. This year while they played a grueling non conference against big time opponents the cupcakes make it look like a bad SOS because they schedule really bad gimme games this year.

Kinda dumb but it happens every year for certain teams. I was just saying Ok state would have some numbers that stack up well, even though we all know at this point they don't deserve anything.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win the Big 12 tourney they get the automatic bid. And as much as a lot of teams in the Big 12 have run hot and cold I wouldn't count them out of doing just that.