• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anyone like Laker fans?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have the most loyal following of all teams on a global level. They led road attendance records yearly due to one Kobe Bryant. And as Horns said it correctly, as Lakers go so goes the league.

We live in the past, outside of Celtics, because we're a proud franchise and have the rings and cache to prove it. Don't like it too bad. Enjoy the present Heat fans cause the way the cap rules, luxury taxes, etc are set up, you won't have luxury of piling on trophies. Matter of fact no team will including Lakers.

You just make shit up and think it's true? You cant claim things like you lead the league in road attendance yearly... that shit can be tracked and search in the internet age.

The heat led in road attendence this year, last year, and in 2011. i will give you the lakers are #2 and certainly kobe's popularity is alot of that. but saying you have led year in and year out is just not true.

2013-2014 NBA Attendance - National Basketball Association - ESPN

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at the attendance on the road and take a glance to see how many Lakers fans in arenas. Even more how many Lakers jerseys are sold and worn throughout the globe. Dude get a reality check cause you can't stand it the Lakers will always be popular even when they're not the flavor of the day. Your Heat club doesn't have the history/success that we do, fact. That correlates 110% to what I'm saying.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at the attendance on the road and take a glance to see how many Lakers fans in arenas. Even more how many Lakers jerseys are sold and worn throughout the globe. Dude get a reality check cause you can't stand it the Lakers will always be popular even when they're not the flavor of the day. Your Heat club doesn't have the history/success that we do, fact. That correlates 110% to what I'm saying.

I would like to see that % vs the wannabe Knicks also.

My second fav team behind PHX is the Sixers! LOL I have a picture of me, Darryl Dawkins and Dr. J when I was a kid.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been following the Lakers since 1962 which is longer than many of you have been in existence. I know plenty of people who like me because I am a Lakers fan and I know nearly an equal amount that hate me because I have followed them so long. Sort of lays to rest the point of this thread.

I am fairly certain that LakersUSCBam's assertions are correct as one indicator of being liked as fans because merchandizing sales alone have historically favored the Lakers and the Celtics in basketball with the Lakers selling more than anyone in basketball over the years.

Now I am sure the authors of this thread can derive some other category that favors their agenda but by and large I am not going anywhere with my support after 52 years of following the Lakers. What I find interesting is the reticence of Miami fans to acknowledge that a former Lakers player and coach who knows a thing or two about championships runs the show in Miami just as the logo does in San Fran.

We Lakers fans are liked equally even by the NBA and certainly some of the players are revered. After all the NBA thought enough of Jerry West to have him be the logo of the NBA. I don't see any reference there to Kobe or LeBron or whomever. Just an old school ex-Lakers player and coach on the dias.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe these 2 quotes come from Heat fans. Most Heat fans seem to think that:

1. Their past 2 titles entitle them to assume they will dominate the NBA forever. Heck, the Heat were one shot away from losing the title last year. How quickly they choose to forget.

2. Talk about spoiled rotten fan bases. I can hardly wait until the Heat fall in the playoffs this year so you Heaters can thin out your ranks and hopefully lose most of your spoiled rotten kid bandwagon fans.

1) I don't think any real Heat fan (Me, Flague, Turnup, and a few others) ever said the Heat will dominate the league forever. We are just enjoying this run because it will end eventually.

2) I could careless if we lose bandwagon fans. I tend to only talk Heat basketball with guys who I know who are real Heat fans. It's not very often that you would see me talking Heat ball with a bandwagon Heat fan

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro: I suggest you use simple English when you post; my hunch you're dealing with twenty somethings here that probably couldn't tell you who the VP of our country is:)

That is one very solid use of vernacular I might add...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks LakersUSCBam. I'll take into advisement and thanks for the kind words.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am cool with many different types of fans on these forums, but in our defense, it's hard to take the Suns seriously for Lakers fans. Just the way it is.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans of opposing teams just can't/won't accept our franchise success with superstar players donning the purple and gold. They will say anything to tarnish it as you see the crap spewed here. Pure jealousy and envy knowing full well their team will NEVER reach our success.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be able to tolerate them much more if they didn't try to bring up their past titles when debating about something in the present.

Same with Heat fans being more tolerable if they didn't act like they're God's gift to the game...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans of opposing teams just can't/won't accept our franchise success with superstar players donning the purple and gold. They will say anything to tarnish it as you see the crap spewed here. Pure jealousy and envy knowing full well their team will NEVER reach our success.

And this is where you're wrong. It's not that we can't/won't accept the Lakers success in the franchise. It just that when we are talking about the present, we don't give a damn about titles the Lakers won 30-60 years ago

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering it's mainly AZ fans who go out of their way to hate on LA, this thread is pretty funny. LA fans just react to AZ fans hatred. We have nothing to hate on when it comes to the Suns, they really haven't done much.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that this thread involves Lakers fans, and that our success only goes back past 10 years, your comment about 30-60 years ago proves my point. You should know we won back to back in 09-10....get your math straight BK, LOL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that this thread involves Lakers fans, and that our success only goes back past 10 years, your comment about 30-60 years ago proves my point. You should know we won back to back in 09-10....get your math straight BK, LOL

I know the Lakers won recently but point is you guys love to bring up the 16 championships in arguments which would include championships won 30-60 years ago. Right or Wrong?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is where you're wrong. It's not that we can't/won't accept the Lakers success in the franchise. It just that when we are talking about the present, we don't give a damn about titles the Lakers won 30-60 years ago

So you pretend it's been 30-60 years since the Lakers won a championship?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Lakers won recently but point is you guys love to bring up the 16 championships in arguments which would include championships won 30-60 years ago. Right or Wrong?

Okay but they have won 10 championships since 1980 and 5 in the last 13 years. That's pretty impressive, no?