• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers after both Price and Tanaka?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing the need for Tananka and Price, let's just focus on Hanley and Clayton.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Dodgers will let Kershaw walk and replace him with Price AND Tanaka for the same money. A rotation in 2015 of Greinke, Price, Tanaka, Ryu and Zach Lee wouldn't be too shabby. Kershaw is a very good pitcher, but you have to wonder if ANY pitcher is worth the kind of money that's being thrown around. It's quite a gamble given the Dodgers' propensity for injuries.

Funny this is what i was telling Dodger fans on another site, but they couldn't picture this or want to imagine it, but this is still a pretty good rotation even without Kershaw..God forbid of course :hope:

Who wouldn't mind having Greinke,Price,Tanaka,Ryu & Zach Lee ?? :10:

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dodgers have been pussified by their big name trades

Gonzalez and Crawfords contracts are horrible, so is ethiers.

you have to pay Kershaw and Hanley...

id be worried about the current Dodgers roster than anything else.

Not the Dodgers fault with Crawford and Gonazlez though... Red Sox to blame for that one.

Dodgers have the money, I don't count them out on anyone

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA nothing would make losing kershaw ok with me im sorry i just would not be happy

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main problem I have with Peralta is I do not know now that he is off the PED's what his numbers will look like. I would prefer to resign Uribe on a 1 year deal but if we signed Peralta fine. What we really need are some legit pinch hitting options that will drive in some runs later in the game.

Legitimate concerns. I think you and I are on the same page with this one.

Maybe the Dodgers will let Kershaw walk and replace him with Price AND Tanaka for the same money. A rotation in 2015 of Greinke, Price, Tanaka, Ryu and Zach Lee wouldn't be too shabby. Kershaw is a very good pitcher, but you have to wonder if ANY pitcher is worth the kind of money that's being thrown around. It's quite a gamble given the Dodgers' propensity for injuries.

So you'd rather give David Price at age 30 a huge deal in 2015/2016 than Clayton Kershaw (who's better) at age 27. Oooookaaaaaaaaaay......

I say, hold on to the assets we have. Sign Kershaw now. Worry about what to do with the 2016 rotation later.

I'm not seeing the need for Tananka and Price, let's just focus on Hanley and Clayton.

Tanaka AND Price are not both needed. I don't like the idea of trading for Price because it would require emptying the farm system.

Tanaka is "only" costs money to sign (as in, no prospects), so I'm in favor of trying to sign him (or someone else who's cheap like Kazmir or Burnett). The team does need at least one more reliable starter since we don't know what, if anything, we will get from Beckett and/or Billingsly in 2014. Hopefully we'll run into another starter surplus and the team can punt Beckett like Harang was last year and come away with a reliable reliever or veteran bench bat.

Funny this is what i was telling Dodger fans on another site, but they couldn't picture this or want to imagine it, but this is still a pretty good rotation even without Kershaw..God forbid of course :hope:

Who wouldn't mind having Greinke,Price,Tanaka,Ryu & Zach Lee ?? :10:

Thank God, there are smart Dodger fans on other sites. I don't know how you're constructing a lineup that includes Zach Lee and David Price when there is zero chance that Tampa Bay trades David Price to the Dodgers without Zach Lee being included in that trade.

Also, I would not like the idea of replacing Kershaw with Tanaka and Price. First of all, Kershaw is younger and better that Price. Second of all, signing Tanaka would not mean that it'd be impossible to keep Kershaw. If that were the case then the Dodgers would not be interested in Tanaka in the first place. Third and lastly, we don't even know if Tanaka will be any good in MLB yet. He could show up as a bust. But yea, you go ahead and let the best player on the team walk. :doh:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God, there are smart Dodger fans on other sites. I don't know how you're constructing a lineup that includes Zach Lee and David Price when there is zero chance that Tampa Bay trades David Price to the Dodgers without Zach Lee being included in that trade.

Also, I would not like the idea of replacing Kershaw with Tanaka and Price. First of all, Kershaw is younger and better that Price. Second of all, signing Tanaka would not mean that it'd be impossible to keep Kershaw. If that were the case then the Dodgers would not be interested in Tanaka in the first place. Third and lastly, we don't even know if Tanaka will be any good in MLB yet. He could show up as a bust. But yea, you go ahead and let the best player on the team walk. :doh:

Are you still stupid in the head ?? having this rotation is just a fun topic to discuss or just an opinion if Kershaw were to walk since he might test free agency, not that he would smart ass!!

2nd did i say i would let him walk ?? I clearly stated (God Forbid) but i guess to you we are not allowed to make fun oinions on baseball topics...We are here to have fun not be GM managers...get real

And besides knowing this Dodger ownership you never know who they might go after even if it seems it's not a possibility. Nobody thought the Dodgers would get the Agon trade done & they did. Maybe you should apply for the Dodgers Assistant GM job who knows maybe Kasten just might not laugh at you or (not)

Some fans like other deals & that you might not like but that doesn't make them wrong or possible & 3rd didn't I give you specific instructions not to speak to me ?? until you earn that right & actually get help ?? what's the matter with you ?? :doh:

2 words for you (Psychiatric Institute):crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys we cannot afford to let Kershaw walk. He has been and is the Dodgers franchise

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would explore Tanaka, pass on Price and re-sign Kershaw and Ramirez. I wouldn't make any trades that would take away a top prospect. When the Dodgers used to win WS Titles they did it through a combination of trades and bringing developed players up from the Minor Leagues. We need to get back to our roots and stop gutting the farm system and over paying for free agents and some of our own players who have as many disadvantages as positive sides, e.g. Ethier.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would explore Tanaka, pass on Price and re-sign Kershaw and Ramirez. I wouldn't make any trades that would take away a top prospect. When the Dodgers used to win WS Titles they did it through a combination of trades and bringing developed players up from the Minor Leagues. We need to get back to our roots and stop gutting the farm system and over paying for free agents and some of our own players who have as many disadvantages as positive sides, e.g. Ethier.

Dodgers have had great success in the foreign market, It's good to see them also putting our efforts back in this :nod:

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you'd rather give David Price at age 30 a huge deal in 2015/2016 than Clayton Kershaw (who's better) at age 27. Oooookaaaaaaaaaay......

I didn't say I'd rather. I said maybe they will.

Thank God, there are smart Dodger fans on other sites.

If that's how you feel then we'd probably all benefit by having you post exclusively on those other sites. You obviously enjoy playing the role of villain. Now you're getting awfully close to assuming the role of idiot too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Jhonny Peralta, he has played third at the major league level. (It was mentioned earlier in this threa that he hadnt) Over 100 games in both 2009 and 2010 for Cleveland. Asdrubal Cabrera took over duties at short, bumping JP to third. He has good hands and no range and his arm isn't anything special. If he were added as a part time player I'd think its a good move.(he made comments recently that he wants to start, and start at short, we shall see) Solid hitter, but his lack of speed leads to a lot DPs from him. For what it's worth Id think Kershaw is more Valueable to a rotation than Price and anyone without major league experience, but that's just my opinion.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an idiot? How are you guys having the Dodgers trade for Price without giving up Zach Lee? Then you're letting Kershaw walk....?

:doh:

On Jhonny Peralta, he has played third at the major league level. (It was mentioned earlier in this threa that he hadnt) Over 100 games in both 2009 and 2010 for Cleveland. Asdrubal Cabrera took over duties at short, bumping JP to third. He has good hands and no range and his arm isn't anything special. If he were added as a part time player I'd think its a good move.(he made comments recently that he wants to start, and start at short, we shall see) Solid hitter, but his lack of speed leads to a lot DPs from him. For what it's worth Id think Kershaw is more Valueable to a rotation than Price and anyone without major league experience, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for correcting the part about Peralta. I like him coming to the Dodgers in a part-time role, as well. But yea, I wouldn't expect the offer to interest him.