• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Documentary Recommendations

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
three identical strangers was a trip, you might be able to find that somewhere.

Someone recommended this one to me, since I work in the adoption and foster care field, but I haven't watched it yet because my kids are clamouring instead to re-watch Voltron and Stranger Things - which, BTW, are two of the WORST documentaries I think I've ever seen

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friends make fun of me because despite the fact that I fly probably a dozen or more times a year, I still print out my boarding pass instead of just having it on my phone.

I'm the same...I have this fear that my phone is going to lock up or die or some shit. If there's a way to both print it AND have it show up on the phone, then maybe i'll try it

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One mans obsolete is another mans still works just fine.

True.

I still have about 400 empty 1.44MG floppies that I can't give away and they really aren't that valuable if I sell them, anywhere from 70 cents to $1 each depending on condition.

I have 50 TDKs in the original shrink wrap from 1996.

I'll hold on to them to see if they increase in value.

A year or two ago we took the kids to the Smithsonian on the National Mall, and they had items in the exhibits that the ol' Lady and I grew up using. The kids were like, "THAT'S what telephones used to look like?? What's the cord for???"

They even had a Palm Pilot that my wife was still using up until about 5 years ago

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A year or two ago we took the kids to the Smithsonian on the National Mall, and they had items in the exhibits that the ol' Lady and I grew up using. The kids were like, "THAT'S what telephones used to look like?? What's the cord for???"

They even had a Palm Pilot that my wife was still using up until about 5 years ago

I have one of those HP Pocket PCs from 2002, together with a matching leather case, customized keyboard, installation disk and all the manuals. Cost me over $800 at the time.

Now, they're on eBay for $77.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one of those HP Pocket PCs from 2002, together with a matching leather case, customized keyboard, installation disk and all the manuals. Cost me over $800 at the time.

Now, they're on eBay for $77.

That's a sweet lookin' PDA

The name is very similar to iPad, I wonder if there was ever any litigation over that

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2002, it was the bomb. Great conversation starter at happy hour. I got at least 3-4 dates using it as an intro prop.

I remember those Handspring knockoffs, one of my friends had one. He was an incredibly scatter-brained individual but that device actually turned him into an organized person

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly the best documentary I've ever watched....

Does it have a lot of gay steel mill stock footage?

tenor.gif

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as current Oscar Noms go: Hale County This Morning, This Evening will be airing on PBS this upcoming Monday (11th) as part of their independent lens series.

minding the gap is streaming on hulu, as for another oscar doc i believe RBG is as well.

short doc category has Lifeboat The Screening Room: “Lifeboat”

other semi-newer docs.

three identical strangers was a trip, you might be able to find that somewhere.

tickled is also a newer doc available on HBO now that was really weird.

i'd do more, but i had a previous warning on this subject.
okay, that was a bit of a dud as far as docs go for me.

Free Solo is now available VOD, looks a lot more promising

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone recommended this one to me, since I work in the adoption and foster care field, but I haven't watched it yet because my kids are clamouring instead to re-watch Voltron and Stranger Things - which, BTW, are two of the WORST documentaries I think I've ever seen
a new york based adoption agency was part of the story...

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jinx on hbo was really good. The staircase is as well. Those are both in the true crime genre.

The jinx is about a very wealthy new yorker who was close to a number of people to turn up dead or missing. The staircase is about a guy who may or may not have murdered his wife.

If you liked the Bundy series then these would be up your alley.

Not only was the Jinx excellent they actually got the guy (Durst) arrested due to something that happened during the taping.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched “Abducted In Plain Sight” last night on Netflix. One of the strangest abduction stories I’ve ever seen.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently I have Netflix, HBO and On Demand services with Xfinity so I can stream anything from there, but if you know of something on another medium I could be open to getting a subscription to another service.

On Netflix I watched the Ted Bundy series and thought it was really well done, now starting the series they have on the Vietnam War.

I'm open to pretty much anything. I miss the good old days back when the History Channel pumped out really great stuff.

Thanks in advance.

2 older ones come to mind

Terror in Mumbai - It came out in 2009 and was done by PBS and HBO about a terrorist attack in India that killed hundreds. They have intercepted phone conversation between the killers and the handlers and interviews with one of the surviving terrorists.

Reversal of Fortune - Might have been Showtime. The producers give a decent homeless guy $100,000 to get his life straightened out and the only catch is they get to film it. He gets to spend it as he likes.

Both are single episodes if I remember correctly

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you watch it then or research it?
Haven't seen it but I googled it after one of my friends told me about it. I don't think Louise Wise is still in existence.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen it but I googled it after one of my friends told me about it. I don't think Louise Wise is still in existence.
on a theoretical level, you could see what they were going for, on a practical one, which they legit put into place, fucking clownshoes they were even able to do so. that being said, i also recommended Tickled to the OP, must watch as well.