• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you guys have a "Romo is horrible" thread?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness I think he decided on the throw before T WILL broke free. Regardless it was a bad decision because of the number of defenders on Dez that play. It looks like Romo will have major issues throwing the deep ball until he's comfortable with his back. Until that time the receivers have to stop continuing their deep routes and come back to the QB whenever Romo starts to scramble. Not sure but had Romo seen T WILL and threw it to him the ball never would have got down the field far enough.

Romo had issues with every throw today, not just the deep ball. That was what was the most alarming, but I'm sure the healthier he gets, the better his throws will be.

If Romo had saw TWill it would at least make me feel better knowing he made the right read and the right throw and it also probably wouldn't have been an interception. Romo was making incorrect reads and throwing the ball poorly. I can understand him making some poor throws given his offseason, but him not being 100% is no excuse to make incorrect reads. Maybe if he was a young 24-year old quarterback coming off major surgery and needs all the reps he can get in the offseason and preseason, I could understand. But no, he's a vet. He is old enough and smart enough to know where to go with the football even with a limited offseason or even if an injury is making it hard for him to get the ball where he wants it to go. Making the incorrect read is what made his first two interceptions so bad to me. Missed a potential big play to Williams for a TD on the first pick and missed a wide open Harris for the TD in the endzone.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo had issues with every throw today, not just the deep ball. That was what was the most alarming, but I'm sure the healthier he gets, the better his throws will be.

If Romo had saw TWill it would at least make me feel better knowing he made the right read and the right throw and it also probably wouldn't have been an interception. Romo was making incorrect reads and throwing the ball poorly. I can understand him making some poor throws given his offseason, but him not being 100% is no excuse to make incorrect reads. Maybe if he was a young 24-year old quarterback coming off major surgery and needs all the reps he can get in the offseason and preseason, I could understand. But no, he's a vet. He is old enough and smart enough to know where to go with the football even with a limited offseason or even if an injury is making it hard for him to get the ball where he wants it to go. Making the incorrect read is what made his first two interceptions so bad to me. Missed a potential big play to Williams for a TD on the first pick and missed a wide open Harris for the TD in the endzone.

I think most of us know Romo played bad and he shoulders most if not all the blame for this loss. Some of us think it's the fans who lost the game.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of us know Romo played bad and he shoulders most if not all the blame for this loss. Some of us think it's the fans who lost the game.

Just read Romo's quote on changing the play from a run to Murray on 2nd and 1 from the 2 to a pass that lost 9 yards. He talked about them having a ''hitter in the hole'' that they were running to. Here's a thought....audible a run to a different hole:L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo's turnovers today were much more alarming than in previous years. I don't think I've ever seen Romo throw as much into triple coverage as he did today. He didn't even look like he was seeing the field. And yes, Romo should definitely have the ability to audible taken away from him. But to be honest, he should have never had that power to begin with. He is not Peyton. This is a coaching problem. I never understood why Romo has the green light to change plays. He's not adept at reading defenses like Peyton. We should be running it 30 times a game regardless if we aren't efficient at running the ball. Romo is not trustworthy enough to throw the ball more than 30 times a game every week.

The turnovers were compunded by the fact that on the first two if he hits the right receiver (Harris on the slant in the end zone and then Williams on the deep pass) they are both TDs.

Audible - most teams would have seen this problem with Romo years ago. The Cowboys? We give him more power and decision making!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness I think he decided on the throw before T WILL broke free. Regardless it was a bad decision because of the number of defenders on Dez that play. It looks like Romo will have major issues throwing the deep ball until he's comfortable with his back. Until that time the receivers have to stop continuing their deep routes and come back to the QB whenever Romo starts to scramble. Not sure but had Romo seen T WILL and threw it to him the ball never would have got down the field far enough.

But not before the safety made the move that ultimately resulted in Williams breaking free. That's jsut not reading the defense IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get the damn playcalling. 2nd and 1 from the 2, our OL playing great, and somehow we are sacked for a 10 yard loss. going down 7-3 instead of making it 7-7, and having it go 14-3 in a blink set the game IMO

Out of all the stupid plays that was the one that was the worst. There is no way we should have been throwing the ball there in hte first place. Then once we did, which was already stupid; easy read, easy pass and he missed Harris for what would have been an easy TD. Then he tries to make something happen instead of throwing the ball away. At what point in his life will he understand that you don't throw that pass in the 1st Qtr on 2nd and 1 from the one yard line???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing from beat writers that Romo changed that play on 2nd and 1.

honestly, would that surprise any of us even 1% if it were true?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Romo's quote on changing the play from a run to Murray on 2nd and 1 from the 2 to a pass that lost 9 yards. He talked about them having a ''hitter in the hole'' that they were running to. Here's a thought....audible a run to a different hole:L

I don't care if there was a shitter in the hole. Get out of the friggin shot gun, Line up with 2 backs, bring an extra OL into the game, block him and run the ball right over him. It's ONE YARD. Like Earl said, at some point someone needs to tell Romo he is not allowed to change plays.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if there was a shitter in the hole. Get out of the friggin shot gun, Line up with 2 backs, bring an extra OL into the game, block him and run the ball right over him. It's ONE YARD. Like Earl said, at some point someone needs to tell Romo he is not allowed to change plays.

Exactly right. 2nd and 1 from the two, we could have ran the ball 7 times in a row to get in. Did SF look like they could hold Murray to 1 yard on 7 carries??
:gaah:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've defended this guy for years, but now I'm officially done with him. Dallas needs to find a legit qb if they want to ever have a winning team.

It's kind of easy to see why other players are such lightening rods of criticism but I just don't get it with Tony Romo. He just kind of quietly plays well from season to season. He was terrible yesterday and, while I suspect that had a lot to do with basically not playing in the preseason, he shouldn't have been in the game if he wasn't 100%.

With that said, it was 1 bad game.

Anyone who believes Tony Romo is the problem with the Cowboys knows zilch about football.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of easy to see why other players are such lightening rods of criticism but I just don't get it with Tony Romo. He just kind of quietly plays well from season to season. He was terrible yesterday and, while I suspect that had a lot to do with basically not playing in the preseason, he shouldn't have been in the game if he wasn't 100%.

Anyone who believes Tony Romo is the problem with the Cowboys knows zilch about football.

He was yesterday. I've always supported Romo, but it is what it is

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen anyone say Romo should not be the QB of this team. You even said yourself he was terrible yesterday. It was the dumb decisions that we have seen all too often in the red zone and in general and the poor throws both. Romo is our best chance to win, but he absololutely sucked yesterday in many, many ways...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He clearly had a bad game yesterday.

So what?

''So what'' do you think? We are talking about yesterdays game. If you can spot where I said Romo has been the problem the last 6 years, feel free to bump it. It's a new season. Last year, Romo had a 3-1 TD/INT ratio. Yesterday it was 1/3. If he played up to his normal standards, that game goes down to the wire, no question

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''So what'' do you think? We are talking about yesterdays game. If you can spot where I said Romo has been the problem the last 6 years, feel free to bump it. It's a new season. Last year, Romo had a 3-1 TD/INT ratio. Yesterday it was 1/3. If he played up to his normal standards, that game goes down to the wire, no question

I was responding to a guy who basically said Romo is responsible for this team's lack of success and needs to go. He simply had a bad day yesterday. I suspect it's because he basically didn't have a preseason and was completely out of sync but it's still just 1 bad day.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to a guy who basically said Romo is responsible for this team's lack of success and needs to go. He simply had a bad day yesterday. I suspect it's because he basically didn't have a preseason and was completely out of sync but it's still just 1 bad day.

:suds: I think, if Romo is healthy, he will play up to his normal standards this year. If he does, and we can get some guys back on D, I could see this team competing for the division. If he doesn't, well, at least there are 3 QB's projected to go in the top 10 of next years draft....

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I haven't seen anyone say Romo should not be the QB of this team. You even said yourself he was terrible yesterday. It was the dumb decisions that we have seen all too often in the red zone and in general and the poor throws both. Romo is our best chance to win, but he absololutely sucked yesterday in many, many ways...

Dallas needs to find a legit qb if they want to ever have a winning team.

I guess you're right that it doesn't specifically say "Romo should not be the QB of this team" but I think the meaning is roughly the same and it's something that's been said Romo's entire career.