• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did you guys see that shit?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO that crap doesnt happen often....first under .500 team to win on the road vs #1 since 1955.

Yep. And when it did happen it involved 2 ACC teams. We beat each other up all the time.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO that crap doesnt happen often....first under .500 team to win on the road vs #1 since 1955.

I think SU was the first 2 seed to lose in the dance. SU has some first.

So is this a result of under achieving yesterday or over achieving all year?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Underachieving yesterday. You're fine. Your defense is way, way too good to ever be in danger in any game.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

underachieving, but its been the last 3 games. boeheim needs to get them refocused.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's over achieving all year. You just happen to have very clutch players who were able to pull out close wins (because your defense is legit). But I still stand by you are not as good as you were last year. Last year's team would have cruised in most of these games you are struggling in. You mentioned the Temple loss earlier, but Temple was WAY better last year than BC is this year.

Yes you had 10 losses, but here they are:
Temple
@Villanova
@ Pittsburgh
@Uconn
Georgetown
@Marquette
Louisville
Georgetown
Louisville
Michigan

The Temple loss was surprising, but @Nova Pitt and Uconn are all tough conference rivals, losing on their home floors isn't surprising. Two losses to eventual national champ, two losses to a 2 seed georgetown, a loss to Elite 8 Marquette, and a loss to runner-up michigan.

Compare last year's big east to this year's ACC and it's VERY different.

Just looked it up. You played 14 ranked teams last year. Might play 10 this year if you make it to the final four

Last edited by a moderator:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lost to Richmond as a 2 back around '85 and yes it was a 1st

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's over achieving all year. You just happen to have very clutch players who were able to pull out close wins (because your defense is legit). But I still stand by you are not as good as you were last year. Last year's team would have cruised in most of these games you are struggling in. You mentioned the Temple loss earlier, but Temple was WAY better last year than BC is this year.

Yes you had 10 losses, but here they are:
Temple
@Villanova
@ Pittsburgh
@Uconn
Georgetown
@Marquette
Louisville
Georgetown
Louisville
Michigan

The Temple loss was surprising, but @Nova Pitt and Uconn are all tough conference rivals, losing on their home floors isn't surprising. Two losses to eventual national champ, two losses to a 2 seed georgetown, a loss to Elite 8 Marquette, and a loss to runner-up michigan.

Compare last year's big east to this year's ACC and it's VERY different.

Just looked it up. You played 14 ranked teams last year. Might play 10 this year if you make it to the final four

I can't argue your logic here. I guess I can make a lousy attempt to claim this yrs team is better. We can debate which teams were stronger last yr etc but we cant debate SU is 25-1 this yr. It's impossible to win that many games as a major conference team and not be very good. As an avid follower of SU I can tell you I'm not exactly shocked by how good they are and certainly am not shocked they just lost. They haven't been playing well lately and I've mentioned many times here no one can go undefeated. At some point you just plain lose one. As for last yr , that team was strong on paper and pretty good on the floor. I will remind everyone the one thing last yrs team could not overcome - Brandon Triche. Ok so that's kinda joking but not entirely. He was a 4 yr starter for one of the very best programs in the country and he couldn't have started ANYWHERE else in D1 hoops period. Not last yr or any yr. He's a local kid who was recruited as a 8th grader , his uncle played for SU back in the late 80's and he was given everything. He was one on the least talented players to ever wear that uniform and he was handed tons of minutes for 4 yrs. I'm still sleepless over it. Not sure what's worse , 4 yrs of Triche or 4 yrs of Obama. Anyway , this yrs team is simply better than any team SU has put on the floor in a long time. Most important right now - Ennis cannot make the mistakes MCW made last yr - i.e. picking up the sportspage and watching ESPN. Next thing ya know he wants to shoot 25x/nite , no one gets the ball and we end up a 5 seed that's out in the 1st wkend. Ok lots of BS from me abt nonsense - I hate Triche , did I mention that ?