• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did that worry Chip a bit?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip expected to get Orlando Franklin and Frank Gore.

Both of them have decided to play for better teams and different coaches.

Does that shake Chip a bit? You would have to think so. I know that when I have a finely crafted plan, I don't like when outside factors throw it off course.

Now there are still holes at RG and RB.

Franklin would have been a great get. I like that he was a part of the plan even if it didn't happen to work out.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it did not worry him. I am willing to bet the Colts offered more money and that is why signed with them. Probably guaranteed him the #1 job and bulk of carries as well.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is Franklin didnt get that much money. If he really wanted Franklin he would have offered more. They have a ton of money right now under the cap.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chip didn't anticipate that he may not get all the free agents he covets, then Chip is a fool. But I suspect he is well aware of this reality, just like he was in college when he targeted Manziel and others in the recruiting process and didn't get them, etc.

Eaglesnut, we know you hate Chip now, given every post you make, and that's your choice I guess. But I think if you still want to root for the Eagles in the next few years, and not just spew bitterness, you kind of need to accept that this guy is going to be a risk taker, and isn't going to manage personnel like Joe Banner. We'll have to see if it works out any better.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is Franklin didnt get that much money. If he really wanted Franklin he would have offered more. They have a ton of money right now under the cap.

We don't know what he was offered, but I suspect many vets don't want to play here given the uncertainty at the QB position. With rumors flying that Chip may mortgage his drafts for a rookie, you can bet smart veteran players are thinking that they might be better off somewhere else for the next 3 years.

Also...ever been to San Diego? I would live there over Philly any day from a quality of life standpoint. Short of Hawaii I would probably choose San Diego over every place in this country.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here....

I give you the solution to your problems.

464086888-running-back-ameer-abdullah-of-nebraska-in-gettyimages.jpg

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it did not worry him. I am willing to bet the Colts offered more money and that is why signed with them. Probably guaranteed him the #1 job and bulk of carries as well.

Well that's not true. We are offering more money. But he wants to play there more.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chip didn't anticipate that he may not get all the free agents he covets, then Chip is a fool. But I suspect he is well aware of this reality, just like he was in college when he targeted Manziel and others in the recruiting process and didn't get them, etc.

Eaglesnut, we know you hate Chip now, given every post you make, and that's your choice I guess. But I think if you still want to root for the Eagles in the next few years, and not just spew bitterness, you kind of need to accept that this guy is going to be a risk taker, and isn't going to manage personnel like Joe Banner. We'll have to see if it works out any better.

LOL at calling him a risk-taker. He hasn't even made a move yet. Going with Mariota isn't taking a risk, it's foolish "the grass is always greener" thinking which is the same thing he just did with Shady. I don't have much problem with him on gamedays even though his time management could use work, but he's out of league as far as crafting a roster goes. That was always a concern since he had never done it before and it's still a concern. He's not taking risks, he's doing safe same ole' Chip stuff so he can feel comfortable. His comfort level might not have any correlation with winning Super Bowls.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do think Ameer is a perfect fit there.

Not to burst your guys bubble, and I like Ameer too, but Chip isn't going to like his tiny little hands. 8 5/8. Chip's not going to like Tevin Coleman's tiny little hands either, also 8 5/8.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enut you very well may be right and Chip could go the way of Spurrier. I'm going to give him a year with total control before I slam him. No one knows his plan and FA hasn't officially started. I would probably slow down the hate until it was a little more justified.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am dazed by the moves that Kelly is making. It seems like everyone is replaceable except the one who should be replaced. (Mark Sanchez.) The treatment of Nick Foles is disgusting! Foles gives 100 percent and more! Foles will have a bright future with another team. The way I read this Kelly insanity is this: Foles will be traded and we get Mariotta. Sanchez is backup. We keep Foles and Sanchez is the backup. Funny thing is that Kelly had his shot with a mobile QB and it did not work. (Vick). The solution to the Eagles improving is in their defense as They already score enough points. Well, that was before losing Shady and Mac. Kelly is trying to form an Oregon Ducks number two version in the NFL. I guess the rest is yet to come. Once the Eagles give up multiple draft picks to get Mariotta he will need to be an instant star. The Eagles will need to use their cap space to sign free agents since they will not have those draft picks anymore. I am not a grass is greener guy like Kelly. I like Nick Foles,I do not like Mark Sanchez. Up until now Kelly has annoyed me. He is like a kid with a new toy. I hope he does not break it!

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Foles guy too but if Chip thinks Mariota can succeed let's give it a shot. I didn't like Kap at all and they almost made him a star, so maybe Chip can do twice as well with Mariota.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they doing Foles dirty? Basically yes IMO.

But Chip has his scheme, and Foles does not fit it, so Foles is going to be dealt if there is any chance of a good offer to trade up for MM IMO. I don't like it, but I have accepted it. If it doesn't work out, and sets Philly back a decade...that will suck but it's a chance this coach wants to take.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's not true. We are offering more money. But he wants to play there more.

Can you provide a link that shows we offered more?

The Colts probably have a better shot at a SB than we do next year and having Luck as a QB is a major plus but I would like to see what we offered.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do think Ameer is a perfect fit there.

Couldn't agree more with this statement! Ameer would be a fantastic fit in this scheme and culture -- one helluva ball player and an even better human being.

G

greenwing

I think Chip got a little over his head without a backup plan. If your going to just cut or let your offensive stars just walk, you have to have a back-up plan and I dont sense that about Chip. I think his own philosophies are starting to bite him in the ass. But Ill still hold my judgement till after FA but right now i don't like how he is running this at all.

But who knows, maybe he will surprise us with a huge pick up like Murray or something like that. All i know is with 50 mil under the cap he and after watching your best players leave, Chip you better be up to something good!