• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Scottie Pippen "let" Jordan be "the man"... ?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Jordan was a GREAT player and one of 3 guys ( IMO ) that have a legit argument for GOAT. That said the man wouldnt have won shit without Pippen and Pippen wouldnt have won shit without Jordan. The lovefest for MJ is fine BUT the reason he became the legend he is is because the popularity level of the NBA was at an all time high due to Magic, Bird, Dr J etc. If those guys dont come along then we would have still been watching the NBA finals on tape delay and no one would give 2 shits about MJ. There is a reason hes considered the GOAT by most people. BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY GOT TO WATCH HIM!!! Weird right??? At the end of the day MJ is not the best scorer ever, not the best shooter ever, didnt win the most rings ever, not the best passer/rebounder/defender ever. He IS the best self promoter ever but he only got a chance to do that because people cared about the NBA because of other guys blazing the trail.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because "everyone in the world" knows that MJ would have kicked his ass!!

There, just used the same evidence that you provided for your claim that without Pippen, the debate would be about who was better, MJ or 'Nique.:lol:

But everyone with a working brain knows that MJ wouldn't be able to get to Pip. Pip would keep him at bay with the jab. :laugh3:

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right after you provide one shred of evidence he would have kicked Pippens ass you retarded wussy. :laugh3:

It's a well known fact (to anyone over the age of 11... which disqualifies you, but anyway) that Jordan could be VERY hard on certain teammates for whatever the reason (Kerr, Grant, Kukoc, et al).

Whether or not he would "physically" kick the shit out of Pippen is not really the point, cupcake... but if Scottie tried to be selfish / ball hog, not play team-ball, et al he would have felt the wrath of Jordan verbally for sure AND during practice (where MJ was known to have thoroughly embarrassed / humiliated, let's just say, some of the "slackers" who he played with over the years).

Rest assured if young Scottie Pippen (circa 88, 89, 90) got out of line and became a disruptive force / cancer to the team, Jordan would have put him in his place real fast... that's what LEADERS do, cupcake.

When you make it past puberty and eventually become an adult, you'll understand.

Now... that aside... I'm still waiting for any credible evidence from your dumb-ass that says MJ goes ring-less withOut Pip, so hurry it up cupcake because I ain't got all day.

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a well known fact (to anyone over the age of 11... which disqualifies you, but anyway) that Jordan could be VERY hard on certain teammates for whatever the reason (Kerr, Grant, Kukoc, et al).

Whether or not he would "physically" kick the shit out of Pippen is not really the point, cupcake... but if Scottie tried to be selfish / ball hog, not play team-ball, et al he would have felt the wrath of Jordan verbally for sure AND during practice (where MJ was known to have thoroughly embarrassed / humiliated, let's just say, some of the "slackers" who he played with over the years).

Rest assured if young Scottie Pippen (circa 88, 89, 90) got out of line and became a disruptive force / cancer to the team, Jordan would have put him in his place real fast... that's what LEADERS do, cupcake.

When you make it past puberty and eventually become an adult, you'll understand.

Now... that aside... I'm still waiting for any credible evidence from your dumb-ass that says MJ goes ring-less withOut Pip, so hurry it up cupcake because I ain't got all day.

LOL

You typed all that but neglected to link your evidence that your claim is actually a fact. Just because you reassure me it is fact doesn't make it so Opi. You better be patient or you better provide your proof son. What a retard. :laugh3:

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You typed all that but neglected to link your evidence that your claim is actually a fact. Just because you reassure me it is fact doesn't make it so Opi. You better be patient or you better provide your proof son. What a retard. :laugh3:

I gave factual information... information (about Jordan's character AND how he treated several teammates) that you can easily look up and confirm as fact.

Still waiting for you to back up your claim with one shred of credible evidence, yellow-belly.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave factual information... information (about Jordan's character AND how he treated several teammates) that you can easily look up and confirm as fact.

Still waiting for you to back up your claim with one shred of credible evidence, yellow-belly.

:agree: TDK you hit the facts right on the button. :hail:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You gave me your opinion retard. I said provide a link. Do it or wait. Your choice retard. :laugh3:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: TDK you hit the facts right on the button. :hail:

A better button would have been a link. Facts are incontrovertible. There is no fact a stern talking to by MJ would have kept Pippen from becoming a malcontent. Only clowns deal in opinions and represent them as facts. Those who think those are facts are clowns as well.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better button would have been a link. Facts are incontrovertible. There is no fact a stern talking to by MJ would have kept Pippen from becoming a malcontent. Only clowns deal in opinions and represent them as facts. Those who think those are facts are clowns as well.

A link on Jordan's character / ultra-competitive spirit, and how he abused teammates mentally (and sometimes physically) is ONLY necessary if you're an 11 old year kid who doesn't know what pretty much everyone else in the world of the NBA already knows.

But because you're a yellow-belly who is clearly in need of a severe beat-down TDK style, here you go cupcake:

From the book "The Jordan Rules", here are some MJ quotes regarding his teammates:

"We're beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs... can Pip keep it up?"

"I hate being out there with those garbagemen. They don't get you the ball."

"They've got no idea what it's all about. The white guys, they work hard, but they don't have the talent. And the rest of them? Who knows what to expect? They're not good for much of anything."

"He can't do anything with the ball. Don't give it to him." - Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Perdue.

"You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can't get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can't even stick his ass into people and get more than that... big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward." - Michael ripping Stacey King a new one

"He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored." - Michael on B.J. Armstrong's mental fragility

"It's a hell of a lot easier to make Earl Monroe look good than it is Brad Sellers."

"I hope there's a jump shot in there." - Michael to Stacey King who was walking into the locker room with a box

"They don't need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that." - Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends

"Give me the fu*king ball." - Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine

"You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

"If you pass the ball to Bill Cartwright, you'll never get the ball from me."

"We're not winning because of talent. We're just beating bad teams."

"Headache tonight, Scottie?" - Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line

"Five more years and I'm out of here. I'm marking these days on a calendar, like I'm in jail. I'm tired of being used by this organization, by the league, by the writers, by everyone."

"Your boy doesn't want to play. I'm tired of bailing his ass out." - Michael yelling at Jim Cleamons about Dennis Hopson

"I don't know about trading a 24 year-old guy for a 34 year-old guy." - Michael questioning the Oakley trade

"He's causing me too many turnovers." - Michael on Cartwright's inability to catch

"Why the hell don't you ever set a pick like that in a game?" - Michael yelling at Perdue after also hitting Perdue upside his head (led to the institution of the private curtain for practices)

In addition, it is a well known fact that Jordan punched Steve Kerr in the face during a practice game, and verbally abused Kwame Brown to the point where he (MJ) made him cry:

SI.com - Sports Illustrated -- The Magazine - Scorecard: Transition Game - Wednesday May 07, 2003 09:52 AM

"Many Washington players got the business end of a Jordan harangue, but he designated second-year forward Kwame Brown as the whipping boy, referring to him, as reported by The Washington Post, as a "flaming bleep." A source told SI that Jordan ritually reduced Brown to tears in front of the team. "

Now my little yellow-belly... I can come up with plenty more links/quotes/facts/substance to support my position, but I think I've beat you down enough already. So go make me a sammich like a good little bitch.

lol

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now montsho... we're still waiting for you to back up your statement.

Tick-tock, tick-tock, get a move on yellow-belly.

lol

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now montsho... we're still waiting for you to back up your statement.

Tick-tock, tick-tock, get a move on yellow-belly.

lol

You must be eager to look like a fool. You have resorted to stalking me in other threads now? :laugh3:
I checked that gibberish you posted and while impressive in its irrelevance no where in there does it say that MJ would force Pippen not be a malcontent or cause problems. Why is that retard? What kind of fool are you to think that qualifies as proof of anything other than MJ was an ass at times? Damn you are a dumb bastard. :laugh3:

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be eager to look like a fool. You have resorted to stalking me in other threads now? :laugh3:
I checked that gibberish you posted and while impressive in its irrelevance no where in there does it say that MJ would force Pippen not be a malcontent or cause problems. Why is that retard? What kind of fool are you to think that qualifies as proof of anything other than MJ was an ass at times? Damn you are a dumb bastard. :laugh3:

You asked me for facts / links to support my position about Jordan's character / abuse of teammates, and that's precisely what I provided yellow-belly. Now it's your turn to do the same and you tuck-tail and run like a pussy, just like your hero LeBron ran to Miami.

3615876026_141323_Coward5_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked me for facts / links to support my position about Jordan's character / abuse of teammates, and that's precisely what I provided yellow-belly. Now it's your turn to do the same and you tuck-tail and run like a pussy, just like your hero LeBron ran to Miami.

Now you are resorting to lying? Please quote were I asked for that. I dare you wussy. I asked you to post where MJ would force Pippen to not be a malcontent. Where is your proof RetardedKitchen?