• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Scottie Pippen "let" Jordan be "the man"... ?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read Pip was the man on the Dream Team. I have to find the article. I know the Chuck Daly said he was the best player.

Its from the book Jack McCallum did about the team(great book btw). He wasn't "The Man" per se, but everyone loved Pippen for being the glue guy. He did a little bit of everything. That's what I always thought Daly was referring to. He was the same way with the Bulls.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a fool. MJ needed Pippen. Pippen let him be the man because it was beneficial for both of them. Sorry if that disturbs your fantasy about everyone just losing their manhood when MJ walked in the door.

:L:L

:burt::burt:

sad%20homer8.jpg

84123h34f1eoues570mllajnb.218x231x1.jpg

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ ran the show & Pippen was along for the ride. But make no mistake about it, the Bulls win zero titles without both players on the those championship teams.

As for the 92 Dream Team, Barkley ran the show. Minus Larry Bird(Age) & Magic(AIDS), almost every member was in their prime.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ ran the show & Pippen was along for the ride. But make no mistake about it, the Bulls win zero titles without both players on the those championship teams.

As for the 92 Dream Team, Barkley ran the show. Minus Larry Bird(Age) & Magic(AIDS), almost every member was in their prime.

Actually, it was MJ and Magic, IMO. Read this. It is a great read and gives you a glance into the "92 Dream Team...

The toughest competition faced by the best team in - 07.02.12 - SI Vault

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like calling out stupidity. It makes me happy. NBA threads should be wiped off the face of the earth. Thank you for proving that.

You seem to be attracted to "stupidity", since this is now your 2nd post on this thread...

Stupid is as stupid does, I'm guessing?

lol

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did "let" Jordan be the man. Never complained about not getting more shots and did whatever the team needed. Even after he took over leadership in MJ's absence he turned it back over to MJ once he came back and again with no complaints. If Pip had not let MJ be the man we would talking about how Kobe had possibly eclipsed MJ.

I disagree. I think Pippen never complained because MJ would have kicked his ass. MJ had a reputation for not tolerating any b.s. and wasn't above putting his teammates in their place verbally and/or physically.

Yes, I'm sure Pippen was smart enough to know that MJ in the lead role meant rings, but he also knew what would have happened if he stepped out of line.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think Pippen never complained because MJ would have kicked his ass. MJ had a reputation for not tolerating any b.s. and wasn't above putting his teammates in their place verbally and/or physically.

Yes, I'm sure Pippen was smart enough to know that MJ in the lead role meant rings, but he also knew what would have happened if he stepped out of line.

Exactly... ^^^^

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What makes you think he would have kicked Pips ass? I'm all for giving MJ his due as the GOAT but you guys are getting obsessive. Just because he hit little Steve Kerr doesn't mean he would have locked horns with Pip. Pip could have easily disrupted chemistry if he was that type of person. He had MJ's respect as evidenced by MJ saying that Pip made him a better player as well.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think he would have kicked Pips ass? I'm all for giving MJ his due as the GOAT but you guys are getting obsessive. Just because he hit little Steve Kerr doesn't mean he would have locked horns with Pip. Pip could have easily disrupted chemistry if he was that type of person. He had MJ's respect as evidenced by MJ saying that Pip made him a better player as well.

If Pippen disrupted chemistry he would have been gone... just like Orlando Woolridge was shipped out of town for disrupting chemistry (because he wanted to be the-man).

Jordan ran the show... make no mistake about it.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pippen disrupted chemistry he would have been gone... just like Orlando Woolridge was shipped out of town for disrupting chemistry (because he wanted to be the-man).

Jordan ran the show... make no mistake about it.

If Pippen was shipped out we would be debating who was better between MJ and Nique. Make no mistake about it.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pippen was shipped out we would be debating who was better between MJ and Nique. Make no mistake about it.

ROFL at this insecure Bandwagon LeBronite... ^^^

Link... ?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL at this insecure Bandwagon LeBronite... ^^^

Link... ?

Is that all you have....nervous laughter? Link? What do you want a link for? Everyone in the world knows that. If you are the only one left feel free to look it up on the internet. 6 rings all with Pippen. 0 rings by himself. Pippen got closer to a ring without MJ than MJ did without Pippen. True story retard. :nod:

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that all you have....nervous laughter? Link? What do you want a link for? Everyone in the world knows that. If you are the only one left feel free to look it up on the internet. 6 rings all with Pippen. 0 rings by himself. Pippen got closer to a ring without MJ than MJ did without Pippen. True story retard. :nod:

Yes that's all I have because that's all I need, cupcake... provide one shred of credible evidence that Jordan would be ring-less without Pippen.

In the interim I'll be waiting AND laughing my ass off at your stupidity.

:laugh3:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that's all I have because that's all I need, cupcake... provide one shred of credible evidence that Jordan would be ring-less without Pippen.

In the interim I'll be waiting AND laughing my ass off at your stupidity.

:laugh3:

Right after you provide one shred of evidence he would have kicked Pippens ass you retarded wussy. :laugh3:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because "everyone in the world" knows that MJ would have kicked his ass!!

There, just used the same evidence that you provided for your claim that without Pippen, the debate would be about who was better, MJ or 'Nique.:lol: