• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did I just hear that 30 Clemson players tested positive for Covid 19 ???

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it will take is just a few players, athletic department staff, coaches, trainers, etc. around the country getting sick as a dog and the media will have a field day which will really stir people up. Then the General Counsel for every school will talk to their President and Board of Regents and the athletic directors will get phone calls. Guess what happens next.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the government give the schools a bail out too?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the government give the schools a bail out too?

Is a pig's ass pork? Is a frog's ass water tight? Is the University of Texas richer than 6" up a bull's ass?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has 36 positive tests out of 325 total tests amongst athletes and other staff

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that 23 TT players are Covid +! Is that right?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson releases reopening plan
https://www.thestate.com/news/local/education/article243823442.html

• Masks maditory on campus
  • All students and staff must get tested before they get on campus
  • If positive, must quarantine and test negative before coming back
  • Will randomly test individuals throughout the semester
  • Classes still set to start in August for now but instructors are informed to prepare online material
  • Will host a ceremony for spring and summer graduates in Oct.

Looks solid, haven’t seen what other schools are doing

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking to the principal here the other day about the band just this week. He said IF...and that's a big if... they get to participate, the band director thinks he can fit them in the left section of the stadium at 6 feet apart but he may have to steal some of the season ticket holders. (And we don't have a huge band!)

DSC_6518.JPG
I'll bet the; "may have to steal some of the season ticket holders" went over real guud!

Nice looking stadium. Great looking field.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson releases reopening plan
https://www.thestate.com/news/local/education/article243823442.html

• Masks maditory on campus
  • All students and staff must get tested before they get on campus
  • If positive, must quarantine and test negative before coming back
  • Will randomly test individuals throughout the semester
  • Classes still set to start in August for now but instructors are informed to prepare online material
  • Will host a ceremony for spring and summer graduates in Oct.

Looks solid, haven’t seen what other schools are doing
Just a matter of time that an employee who isn't that young gets it.. Think that is the biggest worry, but I do hope they contain it.
It's the reason why I'm rooting for the MLB and NBA seasons to play out...for CFB sakes.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet the; "may have to steal some of the season ticket holders" went over real guud!

Nice looking stadium. Great looking field.
I'm not thinking they'll get...or even want the backed seats. Thinking they'll fit them in that one section some how...if they get to.

It is nice now. We went through a reno about three years ago. Now it even has an elevator to the press box...gotta get ADA compliant ya know. And finally named the field Grant Teaff Field. That should have been done long ago.

Just wish we could put a decent team on that field. Or a decent band for that matter. Neither has been too swift on a regular basis lately.

But the way things are looking, I'll be glad if there is a team or band of any kind that we are allowed to watch this fall.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a matter of time that an employee who isn't that young gets it.. Think that is the biggest worry, but I do hope they contain it.
It's the reason why I'm rooting for the MLB and NBA seasons to play out...for CFB sakes.
I'm not sure that NBA "bubble" stuff is going to give us much of an indication. MLB should since they are traveling to all the stadiums. But, even they won't have any fans in the stands will they?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that NBA "bubble" stuff is going to give us much of an indication. MLB should since they are traveling to all the stadiums. But, even they won't have any fans in the stands will they?
I thought they were going to have fans.. at a much smaller clip but they would still be there. Reason I say NBA as well, even though they are in a controlled environment, is that they still will have positive tests, but I'm hoping that the protocols they have placed allow them to continue it's season.

CFB can learn a lot in July, and also ease some administration fears whether to allow CFB to take place this fall.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were going to have fans.. at a much smaller clip but they would still be there. Reason I say NBA as well, even though they are in a controlled environment, is that they still will have positive tests, but I'm hoping that the protocols they have placed allow them to continue it's season.

CFB can learn a lot in July, and also ease some administration fears whether to allow CFB to take place this fall.
The only information I can see coming from the NBA that could help is that it the players are in a whole lot closer proximity to each other than MLB. Not as close as most football players, but the sport is a lot closer to football than baseball is.

Those administrators you reference are here:
RockCartoon001web.jpg

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Dabo told the team he has the cure for Coronavirus. It's called Ostarine. :)