• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Harbaugh get his prize kicker yet?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. If you can't forge a proper relationship with a recruit without staying the night at this house, you're just fucking weird.
But if you can get a kid by staying over, wouldn't you want your coach to do it? Harbaugh's a weird guy, very well known weird guy, and this is a weird way of recruiting. If it works, it works and I'm fine with it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you can get a kid by staying over, wouldn't you want your coach to do it? Harbaugh's a weird guy, very well known weird guy, and this is a weird way of recruiting. If it works, it works and I'm fine with it.
Our coach is able to be an elite recruiter without resorting to these inappropriate measures.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our coach is able to be an elite recruiter without resorting to these inappropriate measures.
So is ours because I don't think this is inappropriate. Recruiting is a weird thing and this is a weird tactic to recruit.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is ours because I don't think this is inappropriate. Recruiting is a weird thing and this is a weird tactic to recruit.
MB, don't bullshit. You know for a fact that if it was Urban doing this shit you would think it is inappropriate. The reason for that is because it is. Inviting in a complete stranger to stay at your house for the purpose of having your son play football for him is beyond creepy.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB is proving that he is a 100% homer. I will go on record and say if charlie strong wants to sleep with recruits, i will not defend it. This is the creepiest thing i've ever heard in recruiting.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB, don't bullshit. You know for a fact that if it was Urban doing this shit you would think it is inappropriate. The reason for that is because it is. Inviting in a complete stranger to stay at your house for the purpose of having your son play football for him is beyond creepy.
Damn skippy. If it was Urban or Saban we wouldn't hear the end of it. This is weird as fuck and anybody that doesn't think it is, is probably weird as fuck too.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No this is not just "weird" this is creepy. No way you spin it can make it just weird ole Jim doing his thing. This is creepy uncle scratch face Jim.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is doing it again with Jordan Elliott. DT from Texas. He is likely to get Michigan in serious trouble. He seems to be always pushing the boundaries.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think I would. Obviously there's no way to find out. I have a problem with coaches breaking NCAA rules or hosing a kid by pulling his scholarship at the last second or cutting him for non-medical medical reasons. I don't have a problem with a coach working within NCAA rules to spend time with players to try and convince them to come here -- because make no mistake, that's all this was.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is doing it again with Jordan Elliott. DT from Texas. He is likely to get Michigan in serious trouble. He seems to be always pushing the boundaries.
How would that get us in trouble? Unless he's making illegal contact with recruits, he's not breaking any rules. And if they change rules to make whatever Harbaugh is doing illegal -- then so be it. I don't think Harbaugh, with as much attention as he gets, would truly violate a major NCAA rule.

Not to mention, recruiting violations happen all the time and they're usually minor incidents. OSU reports like a billion of them a year.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sick. How far does it go? Does he someday play Buttman and Throbin' to get a recruit?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would that get us in trouble? Unless he's making illegal contact with recruits, he's not breaking any rules. And if they change rules to make whatever Harbaugh is doing illegal -- then so be it. I don't think Harbaugh, with as much attention as he gets, would truly violate a major NCAA rule.

Not to mention, recruiting violations happen all the time and they're usually minor incidents. OSU reports like a billion of them a year.

nobody said he broke anything, I simply said he is consistently pressing line. I do find it quite ironic coming from Michigan.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was Meyer you would think its inappropriate.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody said he broke anything, I simply said he is consistently pressing line. I do find it quite ironic coming from Michigan.
I find "pressing the line" ok when it comes to rules that don't necessarily impact either the school or the player being recruited negatively. Having high schools host camps for you that you attend around the country doesn't hurt players and doesn't harm the school. So pressing the line there is fine. The NCAA adapted and that's that. If, say, Harbaugh was skirting NCAA or University rules to let kids in who shouldn't be here -- then I have an issue with that.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was Meyer you would think its inappropriate.
I just don't understand why it would be inappropriate? I think Urban wants recruits just like any other coach does. Follow NCAA rules and go get your recruits, that's what Harbaugh is doing.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why it would be inappropriate? I think Urban wants recruits just like any other coach does. Follow NCAA rules and go get your recruits, that's what Harbaugh is doing.
Hiring a recruit's brother is completely allowed by the NCAA but it hasn't stopped from you having your period all of that thread.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't get a hotel room? That shitz weird man.

tumblr_m9vsazuc2L1rd1ii5o1_500.gif