• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did anyone see the Sooner Sports Press conf?

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually just read the transcripts of these to see what Stoops, coaches, and players had to say. Yesterday I happened to be home early and caught the presser from the start. I only have one thing to say about this: If I were a member of the OKC media Bob Stoops would be getting his ass kicked!!! Or at least I would be giving it my best to kick his ass! (Bob may be a tough SOB) I would be waiting in the parking lot for him after it was over. Does anyone know the history behind this or has our coach always been this big of an Asshole? It doesn't come across that way in the transcripts and I realize that media folks often ask loaded questions but Stoops was treating them like they were the scum of the Earth.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not anything new, he's done it for a long time.
I don't even watch them anymore.

Reporters seemed to always be afraid of asking "real questions" and just threw Bob the soft pitch questions.

If Bob doesn't like the press conference, then change it. I think he's just tired of answering the same old questions, just like he's tired of his job.

HEY BOB, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, GET THE FUCK OUT.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not anything new, he's done it for a long time.
I don't even watch them anymore.

Reporters seemed to always be afraid of asking "real questions" and just threw Bob the soft pitch questions.

If Bob doesn't like the press conference, then change it. I think he's just tired of answering the same old questions, just like he's tired of his job.

HEY BOB, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, GET THE FUCK OUT.

WTF? You would think having the media on your bad side would not be wise. What happens when something like the Rhett Bomar scandal hits? You would think the local media would string him up. Wonder why they don't do that?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? You would think having the media on your bad side would not be wise. What happens when something like the Rhett Bomar scandal hits? You would think the local media would string him up. Wonder why they don't do that?

because if Bob doesn't like you and cuts you off, as a sports writer, what is it are you going to do???
At some point, they need to grow some balls and fuck what Bob wants.
Ask the hard questions.
Here, I have a couple
1) Hey Bob, after 15 years at Oklahoma, why is it that this team is the best you can do???
2) Hey Bob, after 15 seasons at Oklahoma, why don't we have a couple of players that are household names??
3) Hey Bob, when was the last time we beat a team that was better than we were.
4) Hey Bob, why do you continually get your ASS OUTCOACHED when the game is on the line???

Yeah, some of those questions I'd like to hear the answers to.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually felt uncomfortable for the people asking the questions. Of course Dean Blevins and Barry Trammel got to ask questions without too much attitude but when others asked questions you could feel the ill will in the room. I am usually not on the media's side in anything but you should at least be professional about these situations even if you don't like them.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob has never been accused of being very bright, but he was accused, in the past of being a good coach.

His days are over. He needs to move on.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because if Bob doesn't like you and cuts you off, as a sports writer, what is it are you going to do???
At some point, they need to grow some balls and fuck what Bob wants.
Ask the hard questions.
Here, I have a couple
1) Hey Bob, after 15 years at Oklahoma, why is it that this team is the best you can do???
2) Hey Bob, after 15 seasons at Oklahoma, why don't we have a couple of players that are household names??
3) Hey Bob, when was the last time we beat a team that was better than we were.
4) Hey Bob, why do you continually get your ASS OUTCOACHED when the game is on the line???

Yeah, some of those questions I'd like to hear the answers to.

If Bob cut me off my story the next day in the paper surely wouldn't have glowing things to say about Bob. People tend to believe what they read too. The more times people read negative stuff about Bob the more he would fall out of favor in the publics eye. If you piss off one of the major networks they will ruin you. And the bigger you are the better they like it. Thats why I was asking if maybe there was a history with some of these people. Maybe they had written negative things about Bob and the team after a loss and he was paying it back. It seemed very hostile.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bob cut me off my story the next day in the paper surely wouldn't have glowing things to say about Bob. People tend to believe what they read too. The more times people read negative stuff about Bob the more he would fall out of favor in the publics eye. If you piss off one of the major networks they will ruin you. And the bigger you are the better they like it. Thats why I was asking if maybe there was a history with some of these people. Maybe they had written negative things about Bob and the team after a loss and he was paying it back. It seemed very hostile.

from what I've heard, it doesn't even need to be very critical.. Bob will hate you if everything you write isn't a glowing review.

Bob is an arrogant ass.
That's ok if you are a good coach, but he isn't anymore.
There are plenty of coaches we could bring in and do what Bob does.
With the resources that Oklahoma has, an above average coach that isn't burned out and has the drive to win, could run circles around Bob.

I'm no fan of Bob anymore.
I'm sure you can tell.
:lol:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the no fan of Bob comes across loud and clear. I've always given him the benefit of the doubt for the most part. He has always been too slow to change for me. Sometimes I think that Barry may run the program by proxy. And he still hasn't admitted that he and the other coaches screwed the pooch by starting Knight over Bell.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I've heard, it doesn't even need to be very critical.. Bob will hate you if everything you write isn't a glowing review.

Bob is an arrogant ass.
That's ok if you are a good coach, but he isn't anymore.
There are plenty of coaches we could bring in and do what Bob does.
With the resources that Oklahoma has, an above average coach that isn't burned out and has the drive to win, could run circles around Bob.

I'm no fan of Bob anymore.
I'm sure you can tell.
:lol:

like who?

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want a coaching change yet. Just a little shocked with the lack of respect in the press conference.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob has never been accused of being very bright, but he was accused, in the past of being a good coach.

His days are over. He needs to move on.

yes sir it is time to move on . if it is ou or not i think coaches should not stay longer then 10 to 12 years at a program they seem to relaxed .

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garry Gibbs and John Blake are looking for work.

I'm not from Oklahoma and don't get the day to day info you guys do but I continue to be a stoops supporter. Someone name a coach you'd like to replace him with?

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garry Gibbs and John Blake are looking for work.

I'm not from Oklahoma and don't get the day to day info you guys do but I continue to be a stoops supporter. Someone name a coach you'd like to replace him with?

I did want Brian Kelly before he went to ND. I think Stoops is starting to realize that he is going to have to change to continue the success he has enjoyed. How many years to did he go where the only change in his staff came from people leaving to get jobs elsewhere? In the last two seasons he has replaced coaches that were not pulling their weight. I don't know if this was his decision or if he had pressure from those above him but you do see issues being addressed. I don't know who else would be a fit at OU but it wouldn't be easy to follow someone who has enjoyed this much success. Everytime you lose a game it would be " well Stoops wouldn't have lost that one". Bob has to deal with that same thing in respect to Barry. And he will always deal with that until he wins two more titles.