• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did anyone make better offseason moves than Bill Belichick and the Patriots?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly to say they lost because of a play in the first quarter and yeah, I get the the Math. Flow of game would have been different. Might as well blame it on the missed 3rd down conversion on the first drive or the sack that led to a FG try in the second Qtr. Seldom is there one play (and pretty much never in the 1st Qtr) that a team "lost" because of.

Except this time.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly to say they lost because of a play in the first quarter and yeah, I get the the Math. Flow of game would have been different. Might as well blame it on the missed 3rd down conversion on the first drive or the sack that led to a FG try in the second Qtr. Seldom is there one play (and pretty much never in the 1st Qtr) that a team "lost" because of.

In this case it's any single play (or combination of plays) that does NOT include Tom Brady.

Tom Brady is NEVER the reason the Pats lose and even if he plays abysmally, it's someone else's fault, most conveniently the OL and his receivers.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im a big fan of Sonny, but ive heard the "Missed Xpoint" thing a lot now

The same folks that are quick to blame that Xtra point, will be the same ones not willing to credit Adam Vinatieri with about 3 SB titles

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a big fan of Sonny, but ive heard the "Missed Xpoint" thing a lot now

The same folks that are quick to blame that Xtra point, will be the same ones not willing to credit Adam Vinatieri with about 3 SB titles

Not this cowboy.

Key point being he made those kicks.....

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was fucking with G&G but weird or karma for a guy who made a record 500+ extra point in a row to miss, and Belichick was behind the league to move it back, Karma if you will. I put some blame on Brady , but mainly Belichick because of his coaching last 6 games, win 1 and you have HFA and they hardly ever lose at home. Your right 1 play in the first Q doesn't decide a game, Von Miller's pick off Brady was huge

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are injury prone, got weaker on defense and Brady is almost 40 yrs old, not playing well and will probably miss the first 4-8 games. They will win their share of games by outscoring other teams in shootouts and remember they still have the weak AFC east, but will not go deep in the playoffs. Remember that the Pats have only won 1 championship in the last 12 years (and were proven cheaters). They have won a lot of games but are not the dynasty that everyone thinks! Brady is certainly not their future if they want to win.

4 SB wins in 6 trips since 2001 is pretty damn close to a dynasty, especially 2001-2007...like them or hate them, you have to give BB and NE credit where do.

Is their run over? Everybody comes back to the pack...just the way the league is set up...in '16 I still have to pick NE to win the DIV, beyond that, it's hard to say, but the DEF is a long way from the '14 squad.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 SB wins in 6 trips since 2001 is pretty damn close to a dynasty, especially 2001-2007...like them or hate them, you have to give BB and NE credit where do.

Is their run over? Everybody comes back to the pack...just the way the league is set up...in '16 I still have to pick NE to win the DIV, beyond that, it's hard to say, but the DEF is a long way from the '14 squad.

Of course its hypothetical, but if Pete Carroll makes the call every current and former coach in NFL history would make, how are the Pats perceived, as we sit here in 2016, and they have gone since 2004 without a title

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichik passing on about 3 Fourth Quarter FG's in that Denver game, is as much to blame as anything that day

Those decisions, combined with NOT using a Timeout on the Malcolm Butler INT, Bill may be taking some heat these days

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course its hypothetical, but if Pete Carroll makes the call every current and former coach in NFL history would make, how are the Pats perceived, as we sit here in 2016, and they have gone since 2004 without a title

Yeah, very true but...lol

Getting that last ring definitely put BB and Brady on another shelf...but...all good things come to an end in the NFL...NE has stayed relevant in part of their own doing, but also in part because no one else in the DIV was able to mount much of a challenge.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your a Rodgers guy, he threw a whopping 77 yards vs that Bronco's D. I believe Brady was the only QB to throw for 300 yards vs that great D for the year, wobbly passes and all
Rodgers didn't have Jordy Nelson available for that game.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady threw the most td's last season,least amount of int, almost 5k yards, his no#1 receiver out 6 games and not playing well. I would love to see what he can throw when he is playing well.
Here come the excuses. Pathetic and just own up that he couldn't handle the Broncos twice just this last season. Sonny is so impressed with how Brady can stretch the field with his deep passes. How many did he miss in the playoffs versus the Broncos? If it's over 10 yards Brady can't make the throws and most of his yards are due to yards after catch. Add a little cheating to that and you have Tom Brady. Nothing more then a fraud. Manning sucks as well and never was a fan so before you go there. I think that about covers it. Broncos are CHAMPS. Deal with it. Peace.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here come the excuses. Pathetic and just own up that he couldn't handle the Broncos twice just this last season. Sonny is so impressed with how Brady can stretch the field with his deep passes. How many did he miss in the playoffs versus the Broncos? If it's over 10 yards Brady can't make the throws and most of his yards are due to yards after catch. Add a little cheating to that and you have Tom Brady. Nothing more then a fraud. Manning sucks as well and never was a fan so before you go there. I think that about covers it. Broncos are CHAMPS. Deal with it. Peace.

Stop watching ESPN and getting brainwashed. If you were coherent you would see that I gave the Bronco's D a lot of credit and put some blame on Brady and Belichick. Your ESPN show you watch keeps telling you QB's win SB's and not teams

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Post. Of. The. Week. :clap:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know how they can pack any more talent on that defense. The weapons surrounding Tom Brady are astounding. :eek:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know how they can pack any more talent on that defense. The weapons surrounding Tom Brady are astounding. :eek:
Anything but an undefeated season and a perfect QB rating would prove Brady is nothing but a useless cog in the Patriot machine...

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basking in all the love you have for Tom Hammer, what a day!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basking in all the love you have for Tom Hammer, what a day!

Just on a mission to tell the truth, my friend! :suds: And the truth must be told!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great day of posting for Hammer