• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Diamondbacks are a mess- Trade Greinke

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D-Backs are one cold streak away from being sellers at the deadline. Ace pitchers are a commodity- sell Greinke and replenish the farm they foolishly traded away for Shelby Miller. Eat some money and turn this thing around Arizona

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D-Backs are one cold streak away from being sellers at the deadline. Ace pitchers are a commodity- sell Greinke and replenish the farm they foolishly traded away for Shelby Miller. Eat some money and turn this thing around Arizona

Silly to think that you are going to get a team stupid enough to pay 185 mil over 6.5 years for a guy on the wrong side of 32 showing decline from last year AND give high upside prospects...

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly to think that you are going to get a team stupid enough to pay 185 mil over 6.5 years for a guy on the wrong side of 32 showing decline from last year AND give high upside prospects...
Yeah, because huge market teams have never slaughtered the farm for a premier name in an area of weakness in hopes of a WS..... (Cubs and Red Sox cough cough)

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because huge market teams have never slaughtered the farm for a premier name in an area of weakness in hopes of a WS..... (Cubs and Red Sox cough cough)

They have, but it's not typically in year one of an atrocious deal that would gut their farm system AND launch them into the stratosphere of luxury tax thresholds.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grienke is not a tradeable asset. He, like Trout, but for different reasons, is sitting in a golden cage trade value wise.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost always negotiable in the right circumstance. This not likely being one of them.
Of course, everything is negotiable.

But he is already getting paid approximately the value of a franchise, so to get him to wave just makes him that much more untradeable. Not like he would approve any trade anyway. He is a guy who likes a certain steadiness, so he would likely not want to move.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is one place I could see doing it.

and maybe the Angles are willing to bring him back, although my guess would be over the winter more than now (there is just no FA pitching available).

But...LAA has little to offer.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paging Dbacks fans:

Worst GM in MLB?

I don't know why you have Stewart as a choice.

Stewart's additions to the team, both in the offseason & during the season, have directly contributed to team's improvement.
Sure, Stewart should be mocked for the Toussant trade. But the majority of the hate that comes his way is from the sabermetric crowd.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you, @Omar 382

So What Do the Diamondbacks Do Now? | FanGraphs Baseball

So, here’s one very off-the-wall suggestion; make Zack Greinke available in trade talks. The pitching market is thin at best this summer, and there are no real quality starters set to hit the free agent market this winter, so putting a high-quality starter on the trade block could put the D’Backs in an advantageous position. In a market devoid of rent-an-ace options, Greinke could have real appeal for a team looking to win in the short-term.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with the Mike Trout hypotheticals, this lives in fantasy land I'd be willing to wager. Nice thought, but who wants to give up what it'd take to get Grienke?
It's a typical Dave Cameron post. He's the most "hot take" of all the FG writers, not that I'm complaining. He's still better than anything you'll find on any big corporate site like ESPN, Yahoo, or CBS.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a typical Dave Cameron post. He's the most "hot take" of all the FG writers, not that I'm complaining. He's still better than anything you'll find on any big corporate site like ESPN, Yahoo, or CBS.
Oh, for sure. It's just one of those things that needs to be washed out so the thread doesn't become 100 posts about something that cannot and will not happen no matter how bad someone might think it's a good idea. There are some fun takes I can pull up regarding the James Shields trade back in 2013 (which I also hated ironically) which are great reads using hindsight.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, for sure. It's just one of those things that needs to be washed out so the thread doesn't become 100 posts about something that cannot and will not happen no matter how bad someone might think it's a good idea. There are some fun takes I can pull up regarding the James Shields trade back in 2013 (which I also hated ironically) which are great reads using hindsight.
Well I posted it to call out Omar for stealing the idea and making this thread. :suds:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I posted it to call out Omar for stealing the idea and making this thread. :suds:
Stealing? That's a little harsh. I was thinking of giving a link, but most people here just automatically ignore anything Fangraphs/BP has to say. Besides, it's not anything completely revolutionary or new. The D-Backs suck, and good SP is a commodity.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stealing? That's a little harsh. I was thinking of giving a link, but most people here just automatically ignore anything Fangraphs/BP has to say. Besides, it's not anything completely revolutionary or new. The D-Backs suck, and good SP is a commodity.

With that contact it is going to be impossible to get back talent level value in prospects.