• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I recall, it was Bennett who was in the Pats backfield all day. Big picture man, big picture.

Ya, Bennett getting 22 sacks and 4 forced fumbles, plus 100 tackles in the past 3 years buys him some latitude with the odd penalty. And those stats don't even tell his whole story since even when he's not sacking the QB he's usually still putting the heat on him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I come down on Bennett's boneheaded penalties, I don't really put that one on him against the Cowboys... looked like he was pushed into Cassell on that 15 yarder... Tough for him to avoid that imo... On the other hand, he hasn't had an offsides penalty in a few games so hopefully he's getting that under control...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I recall, it was Bennett who was in the Pats backfield all day. Big picture man, big picture.

i do look at the big picture, Avril is in QB's faces all the time. People seem to look at the "small picture" zero'd in on Bennett. Come on people look at the WHOLE picture and you will see Avril forcing QB's into other players grasps. Two of Bennetts sacks against the 49ers were directly caused by Avril. It's sickening he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Bennett is a better inside player than he is a DE but Avril is a better DE than Bennett he also doesn't jump offsides as much or get called for late hits as much or hurts the Hawks defense as much and causes more fumbles. etc etc etc etc. lol

recovering fumbles is nice but who is causing them? Causing the fumble comes first as there is no recovery with out the cause /end /of/ story/.

It's to bad that bennett doesn't sell out like Avril does that allows other people to get Sacks. One thing Bennett does do is voids his lane and cuts inside to get sacks. he is all about the numbers and Avril is all about the team.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Bennett getting 22 sacks and 4 forced fumbles, plus 100 tackles in the past 3 years buys him some latitude with the odd penalty. And those stats don't even tell his whole story since even when he's not sacking the QB he's usually still putting the heat on him.

Well, odd penalty is fine, but he was the 3rd most penalized player in the NFL last year, and by far the most penalized DLman (33% more penalties than the next highest).

Before you get too enamored with his sack numbers and such, remember that he also hasn't posted a single pass defended/tipped since he came here. To put that in perspective - No other defensive player (line or otherwise) has started 10 games since 2013 has posted 0 PDs. Heck, Ruben is the only other one to post 5 starts and not have one. By contrast, Avril has 14.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Baby Dez had another fit after the loss to Tampa today?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game, Dez could've had a moment regarding Romo coming back next week...