• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deuce Gruden to the raiders

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins strength coach The son of jon gruden will be leaving redskins for the raiders

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the recent criticism it doesn't sound like he will be missed. Jay better turn things around next season or else he might also be joining the Raiders staff in the near future.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Duece would end up where ever his dad goes if in fact Jon ends up back on the side lines. Which is still up in the air apparently.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Duece would end up where ever his dad goes if in fact Jon ends up back on the side lines. Which is still up in the air apparently.

Huh? Are you trying to suggest that Gruden will coach from somewhere else other than the sidelines? There is no doubt that he is the current Raiders coach & his contract ensures that he will be there for a very long time unless he bails or they decide to pay a massive buyout down the road (doubtful given their limited funds).

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the recent criticism it doesn't sound like he will be missed. Jay better turn things around next season or else he might also be joining the Raiders staff in the near future.

I'll co-sign on him not being missed. The Skins were/are a physically weak team. I was hopeful Manusky would address that, but he didn't and after Allen went down. The entire defense dropped-off including Brown who was getting abused by season's end. Though I know he was injured. Still, some of the things the defense allowed to happen this season were outright ridiculous and embarrassing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Are you trying to suggest that Gruden will coach from somewhere else other than the sidelines? There is no doubt that he is the current Raiders coach & his contract ensures that he will be there for a very long time unless he bails or they decide to pay a massive buyout down the road (doubtful given their limited funds).

Apparently I missed the part where Gruden actually took the Raiders job. House remodel, Redskins season ending... kinda have only been half watching the goings on since we tanked out.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I missed the part where Gruden actually took the Raiders job. House remodel, Redskins season ending... kinda have only been half watching the goings on since we tanked out.

OK but please make sure that your attention is not diverted by real world tasks when Cousins agrees to his LTD with the Redskins :D

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll co-sign on him not being missed. The Skins were/are a physically weak team. I was hopeful Manusky would address that, but he didn't and after Allen went down. The entire defense dropped-off including Brown who was getting abused by season's end. Though I know he was injured. Still, some of the things the defense allowed to happen this season were outright ridiculous and embarrassing.
Says a lot about Manusky. A terrible hire and his track record proved that. Another year of this BS defense is coming I see...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says a lot about Manusky. A terrible hire and his track record proved that. Another year of this BS defense is coming I see...
well lets see manusky improved our defense from 29 to 21 despite the landslide of injuries that had us playing 6th string ilbs and 4th string safeties and PS squad d/lineman

so he might not be the greatest d coordinator and he my suck huge balls but i want to see him with a healthy team before i make too many judgements

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always amazes me how some people throw out opinions with no facts dad.

I would love a Wade Phillips or several other DCs but we were better ... especially before the injuries. The D still needs players.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well lets see manusky improved our defense from 29 to 21 despite the landslide of injuries that had us playing 6th string ilbs and 4th string safeties and PS squad d/lineman

so he might not be the greatest d coordinator and he my suck huge balls but i want to see him with a healthy team before i make too many judgements
It has been mentioned before but let me say it again...Ionman made strides in year 2 but most noticed his growth physically in the off season (weight room) and translated directly to his play. No so much coaching as it was self improvement on his part but I'm sure Tomsula helped as well. Allen was good, plain and simple. Now, which players in your opinion did our defensive coaches develop or turn into better players this past season? Albeit, the injuries cut into some of that but...Other than a tackling machine in Brown, who really got better? I don't think his scheme's are very sound and more times than not, on defense we were caught in mismatches or tried having Smith or Kerrigan out in coverage which neither can do. BTW, our starting ILB played all meaningful games until we were eliminated from the playoffs. While I like Foster, his play is not much better than Vigil, Spaight or Compton. In fact, if we can upgrade the spot next to Brown (hopefully Brown is resigned) our defense will improve I'm certain.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always amazes me how some people throw out opinions with no facts dad.

I would love a Wade Phillips or several other DCs but we were better ... especially before the injuries. The D still needs players.
some people perceive things and call them facts when their perception is wrong

case in point in a thread a few weeks ago i posted a thing that KC
It has been mentioned before but let me say it again...Ionman made strides in year 2 but most noticed his growth physically in the off season (weight room) and translated directly to his play. No so much coaching as it was self improvement on his part but I'm sure Tomsula helped as well. Allen was good, plain and simple. Now, which players in your opinion did our defensive coaches develop or turn into better players this past season? Albeit, the injuries cut into some of that but...Other than a tackling machine in Brown, who really got better? I don't think his scheme's are very sound and more times than not, on defense we were caught in mismatches or tried having Smith or Kerrigan out in coverage which neither can do. BTW, our starting ILB played all meaningful games until we were eliminated from the playoffs. While I like Foster, his play is not much better than Vigil, Spaight or Compton. In fact, if we can upgrade the spot next to Brown (hopefully Brown is resigned) our defense will improve I'm certain.

Ionman , fuller , dunbar vigil nicholson everette lanier .

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will never understand why people make shit up thinking some of us won’t call them out. We were 3-3 when Foster played his last game and that was with him missing week 3 because of injury.

I would say they made Lanier better or at least put him in position to make plays.

The biggest jump made by the defensive coaches was the general defense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the reference to the weight room and all the coaching speak when they have no clue what we are running much less whether it was done right or wrong.

Pet peeve for me: "the play calling sucked." What was the play? What did the coach call? I can tell you I certainly don't know. You can watch replays but to say you know for sure you would be kidding yourself. Play calling in the NFL is so complex. I have a decent understanding of college play calling and responsibilities but no where near as much when it comes to the NFL.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand why people make shit up thinking some of us won’t call them out. We were 3-3 when Foster played his last game and that was with him missing week 3 because of injury.

I would say they made Lanier better or at least put him in position to make plays.

The biggest jump made by the defensive coaches was the general defense.
some people perceive things and call them facts when their perception is wrong

case in point in a thread a few weeks ago i posted a thing that KC

Ionman , fuller , dunbar vigil nicholson everette lanier .
Like many of the posters here who post here everyday non stop who call out other for nothing more than providing an opinion when in actuality those posters really know very little because they either have not played or coaches at a competitive level as some have. None of this information should be taken seriously because the real reason many post is to be heard by likewise fans.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like many of the posters here who post here everyday non stop who call out other for nothing more than providing an opinion when in actuality those posters really know very little because they either have not played or coaches at a competitive level as some have. None of this information should be taken seriously because the real reason many post is to be heard by likewise fans.
then why argue with people who are more informed ? when people fall on their sword for their uniformed point of view what is supposed to happen ? how about ooops i didnt realize the facts ? my bad ?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call out people for not backing up their opinions and making false claims.

I know plenty about football and still don’t use false facts.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is are new strength guy

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then why argue with people who are more informed ?

Everyone does this

BTW: it's frustrating as hell, dumbing down as often as I have to, just to have a conversation.:D

Now watch as a complete FOOL, say the same thing about me:heh::D:pound: