• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Lion's secondary

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine having Tate here as our #2 instead of Kearse?

Tate is only getting paid 6.1 mil per year. Kearse 4.5

Kearse got 90 targets this year and accumulated 511 yards 1 td

Tate's final year with Seattle he had 98 targets 898 yards 5 tds and 585 yards punt returning

In his 3 years with Detroit, Tate has averaged 93 catches 1073 yards and 4.6 tds

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we even talking about the Patriots in this thread?

If Lockette makes a stronger effort at that pass or Kearse does a better job with the pick on Browner and Butler, it's a mute point. Touchdown or incomplete pass and next play Marshawn runs it in.

We win back to back titles and WE are the most successful franchise in the past 5 years and it wouldn't be close.

Even with the loss we are still on of the most successful franchises in the NFL since 2012. We have amazing talent across the board on both sides of the ball. Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham, Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, KJ Wright, and Bobby Wagner.

All either in their prime or in their mid 20s. All locked up for multiple years.

Name another team with a core of elite players that are still young and in their prime like the Seahawks do. If you asked the Patriots organization if they'd trade our core players for their's they would do it in a heart beat.

2-3 more years of Tom Brady, or 10+ years of Russell Wilson? Richard Sherman or Malcolm Butler? Baldwin and Lockett or Edelman and Hogan? Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright or Donte Hightower? Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril or Rob Ninkovich and Chris Long? Earl and Kam or Chung and Mccourty?

We are in prime position to contend every year for the next 8-10 years as long as we keep our core intact and continue to draft well. So get all that Patriots love and infatuation out of here.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can understand the disappointment of some of what we've witnessed this season , I only have one take away from it all. Going into this year, if someone would have told me the Hawks would play a large chunk of the season using RB's off the practice squad and Russell Wilson basically playing on half a leg with a patch work Oline and a basketball player at LT who didn't even know most of the blocking terminology, let alone how to do it, I would have been hard pressed to have any optimism. Not to mention losing arguably the heart and soul of our defense in E.T. and have Bennett and Chancelor out for several games.
But to win 10 games and the division and have a clean slate now with still a chance to win, I'm a pretty happy fan right now. I still believe we can put together 3 solid efforts in a row and possibly play in another SB and will continue to believe until it's over and the final whistle plows on our season. I'm not all roses and sunshine about it and understand the uphill battle the boys face but this team has a core group of guys that have shown year after year that they care about winning and can come up big in big games. Let's see how it plays out. Then bitch about short comings.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine having Tate here as our #2 instead of Kearse?

Tate is only getting paid 6.1 mil per year. Kearse 4.5

Kearse got 90 targets this year and accumulated 511 yards 1 td

Tate's final year with Seattle he had 98 targets 898 yards 5 tds and 585 yards punt returning

In his 3 years with Detroit, Tate has averaged 93 catches 1073 yards and 4.6 tds
@Logicallylethal , I get what you are saying but I don't really believe in the what-if scenarios. Detroit is a different offense with a different QB than us. This is why I rarely look at stats. Too many variables go into it. Do I think Tate is a better receiver than Kearse? Absolutely, but what's done is done and at the time, it seemed like an okay decision on the teams part. I think Lockett will be our #2 moving forward as well so I don't know if it really matters.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Golden Tate viewed by Seattle fans? that did not seem like a graceful exit when he left
I think he was one of the more popular players when he was here. I got a chance to meet him at practice once in 2012, chatted for several minutes, and he was one of the nicest players I talked to that day. It was a bit odd when he left because during the SB parade/celebration he said to the fans that (talking about free agency) he was going to give the Hawks a hometown discount because he didn't want to go to some crappy city when he could be in Seattle (almost a word for word quote)....then ends up in Detroit. (not meant to be a purposeful dig on Detroit, but it doesn't really have the greatest reputation) As the story goes, and it's sorta been revived this week for obvious reasons, the offer that the Hawks made may have not been properly communicated to Tate by his agent and that's what lead to Tate signing with the Lions fairly early in free agency. That definitely rubbed some fans the wrong way when just days earlier he said in no uncertain terms he was going to stay, but I'm sure there are multiple sides to this story.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was one of the more popular players when he was here. I got a chance to meet him at practice once in 2012, chatted for several minutes, and he was one of the nicest players I talked to that day. It was a bit odd when he left because during the SB parade/celebration he said to the fans that (talking about free agency) he was going to give the Hawks a hometown discount because he didn't want to go to some crappy city when he could be in Seattle (almost a word for word quote)....then ends up in Detroit. (not meant to be a purposeful dig on Detroit, but it doesn't really have the greatest reputation) As the story goes, and it's sorta been revived this week for obvious reasons, the offer that the Hawks made may have not been properly communicated to Tate by his agent and that's what lead to Tate signing with the Lions fairly early in free agency. That definitely rubbed some fans the wrong way when just days earlier he said in no uncertain terms he was going to stay, but I'm sure there are multiple sides to this story.

Never been to Detroit, but yeah the reputation is terrible. I love the guy though, his yards after contact are more like a RB than a WR. Him and Boldin are always the player bailing out the Lions from tough spots.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Golden Tate... I was disappointed when we didn't keep him ... Looking back letting Percy go and keeping Tate would a been a WAY better answer... But l guess all teams regret things that happen in the NFL business sometimes... Tate reminds me a lot of Hines Ward, both really physical receivers that run clean routes and are as tough as they come, good blockers also..

Don't know... Percy was huge in our SB victory against Denver...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know... Percy was huge in our SB victory against Denver...

Yeah he was, I was thinking after the Super-bowl ... The next season keeping Tate over Percy in would a been the better move... Percy ended up being such a locker room distraction, would a been nice having Tate moving forward, in hind-sight ...

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe the patriots have played in three straight afc championship games, losing 2 to really good denver teams.

The rest is bs, not at all what i said.

5 straight
2011: Beat Ravens, Lost SB to Giants
2012: Lost to Ravens
2013: Lost to Broncos
2014: Beat Colts, then the season ended for some reason
2015: Lost to Broncos

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense sucks.

The Lions beat 1 team with a winning record. They shit the bed against any decent QB. Caldwell is one of the worst in game coaches I have ever seen. He is clueless on how to make adjustments. And all those late game comebacks! The Lions gave up the lead in most of them to have to rally.

If it was not for Matt Stafford the Lions would be a 5-11 team.

For fucksake we lost to the Bears!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions pretty much sit back in cover 2 and give you short passes over the middle. They sort of stay in a full time prevent defense daring you to take home run strikes over the top. Their glaring problem has been a lack of pass rushing to complement that philosophy.

The thing is you have to consistently make those 5y shots and our passing game hasn't always been consistent. And of course neither team has a running game to speak of.

The worry should be any type of close game in the 4th. The lions have trailed in 15 games this season in the 4th quarter and came back to win 8 of those. Seattle's defense has been simply horrid at stopping those late game surges since Thomas went out. If this game is under 7 points with 5 minutes to go and the Lions have the ball I'll be 100% sure Seattle loses. I will have zero faith. They must get turnovers and have a double digit lead late to keep it.