• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Desmond Howard.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Y

Yapp14

Dear Mr. Howard:

On behalf of Michigan fans everywhere, we would like to express our appreciation for your service. You have provided some major highlights (all on the field), won a Heisman Trophy, and participated in some of the best days in Michigan Football history.

That being said....you are fired!!!! I deem you no longer fit to speak for Michigan football fans from this day on. Keep your chin up though, you have a nice gig working for ESPN and making the occasional appearance at the Heisman House. But when you open your mouth to speak for UM fans you just sound out of touch and well, stupid.

You comments during he Gameday segment on Saturday morning sealed it for me. When RR was fired you started shouting about needing a "Michigan Man" and that the program needed to get back to Michigan football. Then on Saturday you defended the much maligned AD Dave Brandon. Yes, Brandon oversaw a major project with athletic facility renovations, brought in millions in alumni donations, but so do a lot of other AD's around the country. He tried to run the athletic dept like Domino's Pizza and it failed miserably. In the process Brandon alienated alumni and students alike. Michigan's next football coach needs to be the best coach they can find, NOT the best coach with Michigan ties. If anything, they should almost avoid a coach with previous ties to the program. Desmond, you want Michigan football to resemble the program that you played in. Its not 1992 any longer and this will not work.

We wish you well in your future endeavors!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he starts talking I turn it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Mr. Howard:

On behalf of Michigan fans everywhere, we would like to express our appreciation for your service. You have provided some major highlights (all on the field), won a Heisman Trophy, and participated in some of the best days in Michigan Football history.

That being said....you are fired!!!! I deem you no longer fit to speak for Michigan football fans from this day on. Keep your chin up though, you have a nice gig working for ESPN and making the occasional appearance at the Heisman House. But when you open your mouth to speak for UM fans you just sound out of touch and well, stupid.

You comments during he Gameday segment on Saturday morning sealed it for me. When RR was fired you started shouting about needing a "Michigan Man" and that the program needed to get back to Michigan football. Then on Saturday you defended the much maligned AD Dave Brandon. Yes, Brandon oversaw a major project with athletic facility renovations, brought in millions in alumni donations, but so do a lot of other AD's around the country. He tried to run the athletic dept like Domino's Pizza and it failed miserably. In the process Brandon alienated alumni and students alike. Michigan's next football coach needs to be the best coach they can find, NOT the best coach with Michigan ties. If anything, they should almost avoid a coach with previous ties to the program. Desmond, you want Michigan football to resemble the program that you played in. Its not 1992 any longer and this will not work.

That crazy Cleveland Communist! But why mention the '92 season? DH was gone by then.

Oh yeah...fuck meeeechegan!:nod:

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The muggles that attend the University of Michigan should pick who the next AD is. Found out earlier this year that they're experts in it.

— Elliott Mealer (@el_mealer) October 31, 2014

Former starting center at Michigan

Y

Yapp14

That crazy Cleveland Communist! But why mention the '92 season? DH was gone by then.

Oh yeah...fuck meeeechegan!:nod:
It seemed like a nice number right in the fat of the early 90's. You know when Desmond wore a stovepipe hairdo and wore turtlenecks every fucking day

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond played for Michigan in 92.

Washington kicked the shittoutve 'em in The Rose Bowl on January 1st.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homegrown coaches are not always the best solution.

Some of Bama's best coaches didnt come from the school. I can name one of note presently there who has no ties to Bama except a fat paycheck and a free house.

Michigan needs to find a coach who can rebuild a downtrodden program, but they first need an AD who knows football talent at the coaching level and speaks X's and O's to be able to cut through the bullshit many coaches will feed a potential employer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond played for Michigan in 92.

Washington kicked the shittoutve 'em in The Rose Bowl on January 1st.

My bad, should have said the '92 season instead.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like a nice number right in the fat of the early 90's. You know when Desmond wore a stovepipe hairdo and wore turtlenecks every fucking day

That's the way those meeeechegan football players looked back then, like a bunch of dorks!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of Bama's best coaches didnt come from the school. I can name one of note presently there who has no ties to Bama except a fat paycheck and a free house.

Michigan needs to find a coach who can rebuild a downtrodden program, but they first need an AD who knows football talent at the coaching level and speaks X's and O's to be able to cut through the bullshit many coaches will feed a potential employer.

I GOT IT...

meeeechegan needs to go after E. Gordon Gee & Jon 'The Pooper Scooper' Cooper!

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly you can say the same thing about Michigan. Yost, Crisler and even Schembechler all had no previous connection to Michigan.

The term "Michigan Man" has become preverted, and no longer means what Schembechler said when he coined the phrase.

We honestly thought that Hoke could rebuild a downtrodden program, he did so had Ball State and San Diego State, but it now appears that MAC/MW is his ceiling.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu;5817 Oh yeah...fuck meeeechegan!:nod:[/QUOTE said:
Fuck the suckeyes:nod:

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he starts talking I turn it.

When he starts talking, I think of this guy:

Jar_Jar_aotc.jpg

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Mr. Howard:

Wait let me get this straight. So because Desmond called the Michigan fanbase and alumni out on mob mentality you want to excommunicate him from the program? Because he shared a unpopular opinion about an AD who honored his time at Michigan by giving him (Howard) a legends jersey? :L

I don't agree what what he said but I'm not going to get in a tizzy just because he shared his unpopular opinion. Big freaking deal, a talking head talked.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was at a Heisman golf tourney in Austin a couple years ago. He ignored the kids who wanted his autograph...azzwipe

Earl Campbell, gave some kids his credit card, told them to go to the nearest sporting goods store, and buy a bunch of stuff for themselves. He would then sign the footballs they got.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a story forwarded to me by someone in local media (he is not a Longhorn fan or ex, either)

Not that one incident makes a person, and I don't know him, so wont judge him on his life, just that particular day.