• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Henry...

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no idea what your point is.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you either a) didn't watch much college football outside Alabama or b) have an unfounded belief that any team not named Alabama doesn't play man defense

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you either a) didn't watch much college football outside Alabama or b) have an unfounded belief that any team not named Alabama doesn't play man defense

How about:

c) you are making shit up as I don't recall ever saying Alabama is the only team that plays man defense.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're getting warmer!!!

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about:

c) you are making shit up as I don't recall ever saying Alabama is the only team that plays man defense.

Ah, I see; perhaps it was unnecessarily condescending tone I inferred from you plorst(s) then. Carry on...

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, you found a source that compares SoS from 1981 to 2015?

Pretty sure that's bullshit.

It gives the schedule a rating and I just compared the two. Not very difficult.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with it?

Why would you think the numbers are relative to each other in a comparable way, rather than it being relative to the teams in the season itself?

It says in the description that the score is based on how much it's above/below the average SoS. Meaning, it's only relative to the current season as the average schedule strength is something that is a constant change.

As far as schedule ranks go, Alabama(17th) is higher this year than Georgia(29th) was in 1981 by those metrics.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you think the numbers are relative to each other in a comparable way, rather than it being relative to the teams in the season itself?

It says in the description that the score is based on how much it's above/below the average SoS. Meaning, it's only relative to the current season as the average schedule strength is something that is a constant change.

As far as schedule ranks go, Alabama(17th) is higher this year than Georgia(29th) was in 1981 by those metrics.

Again, in 1981 those teams didn't play as many games against really freaking terrible competition as teams today. So, I'm not concerned about how Alabama stacks up against teams in 2015, when I'm comparing them to teams schedules in 1981. It's two completely different scenarios.

I didn't realize that SOS was just based on that year. But still Georgia had a tougher schedule based on the rating.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize that SOS was just based on that year. But still Georgia had a tougher schedule based on the rating.

wtfih.gif

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure where I fall in this discussion.

I've read some posts saying anyone could run through the holes Bama's O-line opens. That tells me they haven't watched the games this year. Actually, Bama is up there in the stats with lost yardage plays, and sacks allowed. Ask Gary Danielson. So whoever said that is wrong.

I had season tickets to the Dallas Cowboys in 1986, and witnessed the first losing season the Cowboys had in 25 years. The "Dream backfield of Herschell Walker and Tony Dorsett". I remember watching Walker break many TD's, only to have them called back for holding, #75, Phil Posderick (sp?) There's no doubt Walker was a beast.

I am convinced that Henry is the best of the running backs Bama has had in the last decade. Will he make it in the pro's? I don't know. but without him, Bama would not have made it to the SEC Championship game.

If I had a vote, he'd get it for the Heisman.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care about it and it is a useless stat.

Charlie Batch’s 186-yard, two-pick game has ESPN’s best QBR ever

Thanks for the Tyrod Taylor tip. I checked his stats out and they are good. I just picked him up on my fantasy football team as I had to drop Ingram who went to the IR.

Only 3 interceptions all year long while throwing 17 TD's, while missing 2 games. 6 of those TD over his last 2 games. Under 300 yards passing a game, but that's not a big deal.

He'll probably play like shit or get hurt now.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't have a #2 for the Auburn game really because Drake was out. Either Henry is really good or we are fucked next year at the RB position. Losing both Henry and Drake and this is the first year where a true freshman wasn't able to come in and get meaningful playing time. Really surprised about that.

Didn't really have a #2 for the Florida game either. Drake was back and made some plays, but he wasn't 100% and wasn't a big part of the offense(made me nervous as well as far as holding onto the ball). Hopefully he is back for the Michigan St game because he seems to be the only RB able to take some of the carries, even if he is used differently.

At the end of that game I don't blame Saban 1 bit for running Henry. Score was too close and not out of range for an Auburn miracle.
4th and 1 with 30 seconds left.......up by 9. That bullshit TD cost me money. :dhd: Had Auburn +10

And you know Bama's only in the playoff because of a miracle play....and so is Michigan State. Two teams that could have made it in the BCSCG in Auburn's miracle season :think:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your welcome Bama fan's, I took the McCaffery crap to another thread. :suds:I still stand by my SEC Single Season Record statement, but as I also said Henry is the best player in the country and should win the Heisman in a landslide. So if you want to focus on the negative of that sentiment you can, but as I have said, nothing but props to a guy who ran for an average of 150 some yards against 5 teams ranking 26 or better. Also been expecting this since his freshman year when I saw him play. Dudes a freak.