• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Depth it helps

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality depth provides great competition. We'll see if it makes a difference. IMO one of the advantages schools like Bama, LSU and others have over some is the quality of their depth.

WVU will not get top 10 recruiting classes. But, if they get good players... redshirt them... develop them... they can have quality depth that includes upperclassmen.

I believe it is a formula which should work...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality depth provides great competition. We'll see if it makes a difference. IMO one of the advantages schools like Bama, LSU and others have over some is the quality of their depth.

WVU will not get top 10 recruiting classes. But, if they get good players... redshirt them... develop them... they can have quality depth that includes upperclassmen.

Could not agree more...If your a program that is a top 35 recruiting class school typically..all that means is that you have to be in a position to red shirt and build depth..

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dana was discussing that with Tim Brando yesterday. He was saying that for example the Texas kids were a lot more "Game Ready" when they entered college due to the Texas High School year round programs, 7 on 7, etc. He was saying that WVU gets great athletes but must be developed. I believe he was saying there are no Freshmen on the 1's so far this spring.