• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver won't sell tickets to Patriot fans

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted exactly that several pages back, and that it's a boring week.

How is the AFC Championship week boring? How is Manning/Brady 17 boring? If this doesn't get you excited about football then I don't know what will?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is the AFC Championship week boring? How is Manning/Brady 17 boring? If this doesn't get you excited about football then I don't know what will?

There isn't much really to talk about beyond who is hurt and who isn't. Manning has a noodle arm and shouldn't be the starter. So if the Pats are healthy on offense, ie Edleman and Gronkowski, and they are healthy on defense Collins and Hightower, Pats will win going away and it will be in large part to Kubiak not having a sack.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't much really to talk about beyond who is hurt and who isn't. Manning has a noodle arm and shouldn't be the starter. So if the Pats are healthy on offense, ie Edleman and Gronkowski, and they are healthy on defense Collins and Hightower, Pats will win going away and it will be in large part to Kubiak not having a sack.

Man you guys have some arrogance this year. Even if I weren't a Bronco fan it would be hard not to want to cheer against the Pats for comments just like this.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you guys have some arrogance this year. Even if I weren't a Bronco fan it would be hard not to want to cheer against the Pats for comments just like this.

Those are the facts of the situation. Manning will not win them this game. If he plays and Denver wins it will be due to defensive scores, not Peyton.

There is nothing arogant about it, it's just looking at it as an NFL fan, and not as a team fan.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are the facts of the situation. Manning will not win them this game. If he plays and Denver wins it will be due to defensive scores, not Peyton.

There is nothing arogant about it, it's just looking at it as an NFL fan, and not as a team fan.

So Manning can't have a good game? I mean that is out of the realm of possibility?

Yes it is very arrogant what you are saying. I mean the whole "this is ridiculous that they won't sell tickets to the Patriots fans and that Bronco fans get them before we do" sounds pretty arrogant to me that you think your fans deserve more respect from the Bronco ownership before the very fans who help support the team every single year. Then now only injuries could possibly lead to the Broncos winning this game.

I mean this is the playoffs. Players come out of nowhere to step up and become a big name. Did anybody expect Butler to become a household name before the playoffs last year? No but he stepped up in the biggest moments. Manning can easily do the same. Or the Broncos could really do well running the football with the OL finally healthy for the first time all year. DT can turn any 5 yard pass into an 80 yard touchdown. The Patriots special teams are not looking that great this year so we could see a special teams touchdown. I mean there are more ways than just Broncos defense needing to play outstanding or injuries being why the Broncos win this game.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're overlooking one huge factor when it comes to Manning, and it's why he's getting the start instead of Osweiler: his mind. Manning can get the Broncos in the right play, he can help the line get the blocking right, and he can make decisions in the pocket quickly. Those are all areas that Osweiler has struggled.

The Broncos aren't stupid, they know Brock is a much better athlete at this point. But that doesn't mean he's a better qb than Manning right now.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Manning can't have a good game? I mean that is out of the realm of possibility?

Yes it is very arrogant what you are saying. I mean the whole "this is ridiculous that they won't sell tickets to the Patriots fans and that Bronco fans get them before we do" sounds pretty arrogant to me that you think your fans deserve more respect from the Bronco ownership before the very fans who help support the team every single year. Then now only injuries could possibly lead to the Broncos winning this game.

I mean this is the playoffs. Players come out of nowhere to step up and become a big name. Did anybody expect Butler to become a household name before the playoffs last year? No but he stepped up in the biggest moments. Manning can easily do the same. Or the Broncos could really do well running the football with the OL finally healthy for the first time all year. DT can turn any 5 yard pass into an 80 yard touchdown. The Patriots special teams are not looking that great this year so we could see a special teams touchdown. I mean there are more ways than just Broncos defense needing to play outstanding or injuries being why the Broncos win this game.

There is another way the Broncos could win. Manning gets benched.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're overlooking one huge factor when it comes to Manning, and it's why he's getting the start instead of Osweiler: his mind. Manning can get the Broncos in the right play, he can help the line get the blocking right, and he can make decisions in the pocket quickly. Those are all areas that Osweiler has struggled.

The Broncos aren't stupid, they know Brock is a much better athlete at this point. But that doesn't mean he's a better qb than Manning right now.

Unless his noodle arm is cured by Sunday, it won't matter much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't pretty much everybody say he had a noodle arm in 2013 as well though? How did he do that year? I have watched him throw pretty much every pass possible in Denver and that Pittsburgh game he looked like the same power we saw in 2013. Heck he looked actually like he could move in the pocket a little better than that year. I mean his escape fall down and then pass was about as athletic as we have ever seen Peyton in a Denver uniform.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is another way the Broncos could win. Manning gets benched.

If Manning is benched most likely we are down by 21 and he has thrown 3 interceptions. No we don't win in that situation.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a noodle arm for years.

Despite what a lot of people think, Manning actually played well against the Steelers. The team just had 7 or 8 drops that just absolutely killed the offense. And considering how windy it was, his percentage of on target passes was very good.

If the Broncos can get a similar performance from him this week, and the receivers decide to hang onto the ball, the Broncos can absolutely win.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manning is benched most likely we are down by 21 and he has thrown 3 interceptions. No we don't win in that situation.

If he is throwing poorly, Denver will only need to be down 10 in the 2nd qtr and pulling him would be wise.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a noodle arm for years.

Despite what a lot of people think, Manning actually played well against the Steelers. The team just had 7 or 8 drops that just absolutely killed the offense. And considering how windy it was, his percentage of on target passes was very good.

If the Broncos can get a similar performance from him this week, and the receivers decide to hang onto the ball, the Broncos can absolutely win.

Some of the drops can be attributed to his duck balls.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We had many of these same receivers last year and they didn't struggle with Manning's ducks. To me the bigger issue this past week was the wind. I have listened to interviews with players and they said the ball was really moving a lot with the wind so they felt it was like the tip drill where you got to be ready for the ball to move at the last second. Thankfully it is supposed to be 48 and winds only up to 6 mph this Sunday last I checked.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. These are professional receivers. Catch the dang ball if it hits you in the hands. No excuses.

Besides, the dropsies have plagued the Broncos off and on all year, including with Brock. And as mentioned many times previously, Manning threw a lot of ducks in 2013 that the receivers didn't seem to have a problem catching.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had many of these same receivers last year and they didn't struggle with Manning's ducks. To me the bigger issue this past week was the wind. I have listened to interviews with players and they said the ball was really moving a lot with the wind so they felt it was like the tip drill where you got to be ready for the ball to move at the last second. Thankfully it is supposed to be 48 and winds only up to 6 mph this Sunday last I checked.
...37/chance of snow,....*peyton's/kryptonite*,....watching him have his jacket put on him during time-outs/last week was = priceless.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The butt love for Manning is strong with you two.

Manning is 34th for passing this year, and that is for a reason. Manning isn't the answer, and nothing he showed on Sunday leads me to believe he will be reborn by next Sunday.

If Denver is to win, it will be on def.

This game is Brady e al, v. Denver D.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Long range currently shows 48/24 with 50% chance of rain early changing to 50% chance of snow, wind 5-10

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McManus did a great job angling in that last field goal from 45 yards out. Could see the wind pulling it to the right as it went through.