• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver won't sell tickets to Patriot fans

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is many things: Offensive. Embarrassing. Discriminatory. Weak. And a terrible reflection on the Broncos and an indicator of the utter lack of respect they have for their own fan base
Jerry Thornton

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this pretty routine?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Afraid the Pats fans won't join in the douchey "in-com-plete" chant? Oh noes.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been standard practice in these parts for a decade or more. It doesn't matter. Season ticket holders will sell enough tickets on-line to ensure that there are plenty of Patriots fans at the game. There were enough Steelers fans at yesterday's game that you could clearly hear the chants of "Heeeaaattthhhh", when Heath Miller hauled one in.

Mile High isn't like some stadiums though. It's always predominantly orange and blue but any Patriots fan that wants a ticket to the game will probably find one.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been standard practice in these parts for a decade or more. It doesn't matter. Season ticket holders will sell enough tickets on-line to ensure that there are plenty of Patriots fans at the game. There were enough Steelers fans at yesterday's game that you could clearly hear the chants of "Heeeaaattthhhh", when Heath Miller hauled one in.

Mile High isn't like some stadiums though. It's always predominantly orange and blue but any Patriots fan that wants a ticket to the game will probably find one.

I don't doubt they will get tickets. It's just a douchy thing to do.

Reactions: BUD

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of teams do this. Nothing new to see here: it's pretty standard to control the market they choose to sell to.
As far as I know there were 4,000 seats that went on sale an hour ago online. (Part of the agreement when the stadium was built was that 4,000 tickets would be available to non season ticket holders each game.) Almost impossible for anyone to get one - including those of us in CO. Trust me I try almost every time there is a playoff game.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen a chart that said 76 no shows. You must have some superman vision to see 76 seats in a crowd of 50,000+

Super DirecTV.
Granted I tuned in halfway through the 2nd quarter, but whenever the camera showed the stands...wow.
Never happen in Foxboro.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I know there were 4,000 seats that went on sale an hour ago online. (Part of the agreement when the stadium was built was that 4,000 tickets would be available to non season ticket holders each game.) Almost impossible for anyone to get one - including those of us in CO. Trust me I try almost every time there is a playoff game.

That would be hard to be local and still unable to get a ticket. I live in Virginia so it's a non-issue for me. I can definitely understand the team wanting its own fans at the stadium though. I was impressed with the showing they had last night. The Steelers have great fans who will travel, but that stadium looked all orange and blue yesterday, except when the camera panned in on a pocket here and there of Steelers fans. And as someone else mentioned, there were enough to discern the "HEEAATTHH!" but for the most part the fans defended the home turf well.