• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Did It Better, Off To The Super Bowl

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the right call to go for it. I also liked the play call (trying to take advantage of Denver's aggressiveness). It was simply a great defensive play.

They had lots of time left and it would have avoided the 2 point conversion thing.

They sort of had Denver doing nothing on offense at that point.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't that been said many times this year though? I mean the narrative before the Packers game was that with Rodgers the Broncos wouldn't be able to stop him. They held him to 10 points. Against the Steelers even without AB people were still saying the Broncos would struggle and they held them to 16 points. Then with the Patriots it was pointed out that the Patriots when Gronk and Edelman both started had not been held under 30 points all year and the Broncos held them to 18 points.
There's just something about Carolina. Not the same as the teams you mention.. I don't care who wins the game but I think the Broncos are going to have to play their best offensive and defensive game of the year in order to win.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that, I won't disagree. Denver won. But it was there for the Pats to win. And I think they should have.
Denver outplayed them so your statement is pointless.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just something about Carolina. Not the same as the teams you mention.. I don't care who wins the game but I think the Broncos are going to have to play their best offensive and defensive game of the year in order to win.

I do agree it is going to take a great game. I do think the Broncos have a couple of advantages though. One of the biggest is a lot of the players on this team were with us 2 years ago when we made it to the Super Bowl. They know what to expect. Same with the coaching staff in they have a lot of guys with 25 years of experience and many of them with multiple Super Bowl rings. They have a veteran group that will know how to handle the media frenzy that this week brings. Last time I remember Bronco players talking about how they were almost exhausted by the time the game started just from the 2 weeks leading up to the game. I don't think that happens this time. Going to be interesting to see how Carolina handles the week.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree it is going to take a great game. I do think the Broncos have a couple of advantages though. One of the biggest is a lot of the players on this team were with us 2 years ago when we made it to the Super Bowl. They know what to expect. Same with the coaching staff in they have a lot of guys with 25 years of experience and many of them with multiple Super Bowl rings. They have a veteran group that will know how to handle the media frenzy that this week brings. Last time I remember Bronco players talking about how they were almost exhausted by the time the game started just from the 2 weeks leading up to the game. I don't think that happens this time. Going to be interesting to see how Carolina handles the week.

Carolina will handle it the same way they have handled this entire season. They will embrace it and have a blast. They take Newton's lead when it comes to this. They could very well lose the game, but it won't be because of nerves or being too tight.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina will handle it the same way they have handled this entire season. They will embrace it and have a blast. They take Newton's lead when it comes to this. They could very well lose the game, but it won't be because of nerves or being too tight.

If you say so. These next 2 weeks are like no other in the NFL for these players. Some handle it really well and others do not. For the Broncos last time they said the coaches actually changed up practice and had them do some of their hardest practices of the year and with that they ended up feeling completely worn down by the time the game came around. Some of the coaches also panicked on the playcalling to where they were actually fighting among the coaching staff on what the team was doing. Some of the coaches actually left that off season because of how things were handled that week. So again when you have a veteran coaching staff that has been here before and knows how to better prepare the players plus the players themselves having the experience I think it does help out. Doesn't mean the Panthers will do a bad job of handling all this but I do think it could be a concern.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....two weeks off could also throw both teams/out of rhythm......*just-saying*.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting coverage defense Denver employed... looked like a zone-man combination - they were always around the WR and usually facing the QB. It was very well done from a scheme and execution standpoint. Wade deserves alot of credit. Brady's only viable option was going to White, but he missed him repeatedly. That was the only weakness in that coverage scheme that I saw.
Indeed. Brady had White open a few times and missed him. Thank God...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a fuck.

It isn't pointless because it's true. You're just being deliberately obtuse.

And I still don't give a fuck.
If you don't give a fuck why are you insisting the Patriots should have won?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly were Sunday but the Patriots still had their chances to steal it..
I would say both teams had their chances. Manning had about 2-3 times guys were open for touchdowns and he overthrew them. This game could have been over a lot earlier. At the same time Brady missed on some deep throws to I think White that could have changed everything in that game. Just the way these games usually go this time of year that a few plays different and we are talking about a completely different storyline from this game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think given the difficulty the Patriots had moving the ball, Belichick didn't want to miss the opportunity to get a TD. A 4th and 1? It was once again a calculated risk.

But they were moving it then. And more importantly, Denver wasn't.

And they still had that pesky 2 point conversion to get which is almost like scoring another TD.

Easier to kick the FG and come back for the win...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they were moving it then. And more importantly, Denver wasn't.

And they still had that pesky 2 point conversion to get which is almost like scoring another TD.

Easier to kick the FG and come back for the win...

It's good to see someone post that understands football Hank

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a fuck if you think my statement is pointless.

I do care they lost. And I think they misplayed their hand to cause it.

Great game by Denver D aside.
You should decide if you're a Cowboys fan or Patriots fan. Do you have a split personality?