• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Did It Better, Off To The Super Bowl

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did. Seemed to be our game plan going in was use the Patriots aggressiveness and lack of respect for Manning's arm to our advantage. Honestly Manning missed on 2 touchdown passes that he should have had. His arm definitely is not what it used to be but it does look better than what we saw earlier in the year.

The first quarter the ball was wobbling like crazy that's for sure. But he seemed to get stonger throughout the game (like Anderson) and he threw much better. Yes, 2 he should have had.... Just like Brady (to White).

I'm shocked he didn't go to Sanders more.... But I guess he didn't need to when he have Daniels

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first quarter the ball was wobbling like crazy that's for sure. But he seemed to get stonger throughout the game (like Anderson) and he threw much better. Yes, 2 he should have had.... Just like Brady (to White).

I'm shocked he didn't go to Sanders more.... But I guess he didn't need to when he have Daniels

Yeah both QB's missed. The defenses were getting to the QB's though so fast hard to blame them too much for missing some guys when they couldn't hardly step into their throws. Honestly for how much the week was about Brady vs. Manning it really turned more into whose defense looked better. I mean if you guys found a way to win people would be talking about the great coverage your corners had on our receivers and the pressure up the middle forcing Manning to scramble and how other than 2 long runs (one of them by Manning of all people) you contained the run game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah both QB's missed. The defenses were getting to the QB's though so fast hard to blame them too much for missing some guys when they couldn't hardly step into their throws. Honestly for how much the week was about Brady vs. Manning it really turned more into whose defense looked better. I mean if you guys found a way to win people would be talking about the great coverage your corners had on our receivers and the pressure up the middle forcing Manning to scramble and how other than 2 long runs (one of them by Manning of all people) you contained the run game.

exactly this was the defensive battle. Manning just did more in order to win. 2 costly INTs by Brady.... Sure he was under pressure but he's smarter than that to just chuck and pray

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly this was the defensive battle. Manning just did more in order to win. 2 costly INTs by Brady.... Sure he was under pressure but he's smarter than that to just chuck and pray

Yeah he did that about 3 or 4 times and I don't think I have ever seen him do that like that. Just like with any QB out there you hit them enough and they do things they never do. Not many teams though have the pass rush and coverage the Broncos do though to accomplish that against a great QB like Brady.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he did that about 3 or 4 times and I don't think I have ever seen him do that like that. Just like with any QB out there you hit them enough and they do things they never do. Not many teams though have the pass rush and coverage the Broncos do though to accomplish that against a great QB like Brady.

Yeah he certainly was rattled and rightfully so. I just would have thought he'd be smarter than he was... Throw the ball away instead of just chucking it

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he certainly was rattled and rightfully so. I just would have thought he'd be smarter than he was... Throw the ball away instead of just chucking it

I felt the same way every time Manning was flushed from the pocket and could have easily thrown the ball away and instead takes a 10-15 yard sack.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way every time Manning was flushed from the pocket and could have easily thrown the ball away and instead takes a 10-15 yard sack.

That certainly kept the Patriots in the game (along with the Pats defense)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That certainly kept the Patriots in the game (along with the Pats defense)

Yeah on a couple of those sacks if he just threw it away we would have had a 3rd and manageable instead of 3rd and 25 that stood no chance.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah on a couple of those sacks if he just threw it away we would have had a 3rd and manageable instead of 3rd and 25 that stood no chance.

I loved it, wish it turned into points (if he fumbled it) however

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it, wish it turned into points (if he fumbled it) however

Yeah I kept waiting for either QB to fumble with how much each got hit. Still not happy with Hillman for giving up on that backwards pass and just standing around. Even if it is a forward pass every player is taught always assume it is a fumble just in case. Almost cost us the game giving up those easy points.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting coverage defense Denver employed... looked like a zone-man combination - they were always around the WR and usually facing the QB. It was very well done from a scheme and execution standpoint. Wade deserves alot of credit. Brady's only viable option was going to White, but he missed him repeatedly. That was the only weakness in that coverage scheme that I saw.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting coverage defense Denver employed... looked like a zone-man combination - they were always around the WR and usually facing the QB. It was very well done from a scheme and execution standpoint. Wade deserves alot of credit. Brady's only viable option was going to White, but he missed him repeatedly. That was the only weakness in that coverage scheme that I saw.

Yeah they dropped a lot of times into those quick slant pattern zone spots trying to force Brady to hold onto the ball just that split second more. I've been saying it for a while of I don't get why more teams don't do that. Now given that style requires that your pass rushers get home as you can only hold those zone spots for so long before somebody breaks open but still better than letting him complete everything in a matter of 1.5 seconds every time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firts interception is all on Brady. He didn't see Miller who made a great play. The 2nd one not so much. Nothing was working at that point in the game. The receiver got behind the D. Brady got blasted and couldn't follow thru. The ball was way short and picked off.

Denver made more plays, the played better and won the game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I kept waiting for either QB to fumble with how much each got hit. Still not happy with Hillman for giving up on that backwards pass and just standing around. Even if it is a forward pass every player is taught always assume it is a fumble just in case. Almost cost us the game giving up those easy points.

What I don't get is how the officials right away didn't know it was a backwards pass... But yes Hillman deserves to get reamed for that one. Could have been the turning point to have the Pats win

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Denver's defense is pretty good but I don't see how they're going to stop Carolina. Arizona had no answer and they were pretty good too.

Just hope Denver doesn't start the game with hiking the ball over Manning's head..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Denver's defense is pretty good but I don't see how they're going to stop Carolina. Arizona had no answer and they were pretty good too.

Just hope Denver doesn't start the game with hiking the ball over Manning's head..

Hasn't that been said many times this year though? I mean the narrative before the Packers game was that with Rodgers the Broncos wouldn't be able to stop him. They held him to 10 points. Against the Steelers even without AB people were still saying the Broncos would struggle and they held them to 16 points. Then with the Patriots it was pointed out that the Patriots when Gronk and Edelman both started had not been held under 30 points all year and the Broncos held them to 18 points.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked the Pats didn't kick a FG with 6 minutes left....

I thought it was the right call to go for it. I also liked the play call (trying to take advantage of Denver's aggressiveness). It was simply a great defensive play.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was then, this is yesterday....

And it hurt them.

Maybe it's the crap O-Line more so but that contributes to pressure on Brady and no run game....
Just face the facts, Denver is the better team.