• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denard Robinso vs Devin Gardner

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
emin.gif

Don't have a clue.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. Denard was better in college and is a better athlete. Gardner will be lucky to make the steelers.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh come on, both position changed into the NFL, i thought gardner was better, but hes being cut at the new position, and robinson is succeeding

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson based on pure athleticism

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this even a question? Denard was miles ahead of Gardner in college, holding the NCAA record for rushing by a QB, and Denard is a functional NFL player. Gardner was terrible in college, about the only record he holds has to do with interceptions and he just got cut from Pitt in the NFL.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson was, and is, much better

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REALLY liked Gardner as a spokesman, and as a representative of Michigan. He really was a smart and articulate kid. It's too bad he sucked so bad on the field! :gaah:

Denard was simply fun to watch. Several flashes of brilliance, but he simply didn't have the team to help him overcome his weaknesses (which were more than a few).

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this even a question? Denard was miles ahead of Gardner in college, holding the NCAA record for rushing by a QB, and Denard is a functional NFL player. Gardner was terrible in college, about the only record he holds has to do with interceptions and he just got cut from Pitt in the NFL.

While what you say is certainly true, here's what I think is the rest of the story. Robinson WANTED to play QB although his obvious athletic skills could have been used well elsewhere in the offense. But, because he wanted to play QB, Brady Hoke acquiesced to his wishes. Consequently, Devin Gardner's QB highly touted skills were never developed (the same thing happened to Shane Morris under Hoke), and like a good soldier he played WR until Robinson left the program. Then, Hoke turned to Gardner who was anything but prepared to play QB and who failed miserably to almost no one's surprise.

I LOVED the dynamic play of Robinson at QB, but, except for his tremendous athletic skills, Robinson was not a great QB and had many flaws. The fact that he is not an NFL QB should tell you something (notwithstanding the fact that a lot of college QBs are not suited for the NFL).

This is a classic case of poor coaching. And, Devin Gardner will likely not make it in the NFL in any capacity.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denard. Gardner being able to tie his shoes did make it closer though.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats amazing is that there was actually Heisman talk for Gardner heading into the 2013 season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While what you say is certainly true, here's what I think is the rest of the story. Robinson WANTED to play QB although his obvious athletic skills could have been used well elsewhere in the offense. But, because he wanted to play QB, Brady Hoke acquiesced to his wishes. Consequently, Devin Gardner's QB highly touted skills were never developed (the same thing happened to Shane Morris under Hoke), and like a good soldier he played WR until Robinson left the program. Then, Hoke turned to Gardner who was anything but prepared to play QB and who failed miserably to almost no one's surprise.

I LOVED the dynamic play of Robinson at QB, but, except for his tremendous athletic skills, Robinson was not a great QB and had many flaws. The fact that he is not an NFL QB should tell you something (notwithstanding the fact that a lot of college QBs are not suited for the NFL).

This is a classic case of poor coaching. And, Devin Gardner will likely not make it in the NFL in any capacity.

Denard is sole reason for Michigan's best season in the last decade. And my god quit blaming Hoke for everything. Gardner sucks at QB, there's a reason Hoke wanted to play Denard. I mean seriously why would Hoke choose to not start Denard when he was coming off a season with 32 TD's, 11 INT's, and a 150 QB rating in 2010? There is a possibility Gardner just sucked and was overrated out of high school. He wouldn't have the first and won't be the last.

This is a classic case of Gardner just sucking. Also, neither would have translated to QB at the next level.

Also, I'd love to see who Hoke could have thrown out at QB in 2011 and 2012 if Denard switched positions? Denard did the program a solid by playing QB, because Michigan had NOBODY else.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gun to my head and had to choose, I choose the bullet.