• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demarco Murray

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dunbar a lot I would love to see him become the third and 5 yard plus back. He seems to be way more explosive in the open field when given the chance.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time Dunbar is lined up I am waiting for a screen play :) Would love to start using screen plays more.

Side note. it isn't realistic or fair to compare most any players to Emmitt when it comes to playing through injuries or even having them. Yes Murray has been annoyingly injured, but you cant throw Emmitts name out there to talk bad of a player. that's just not right.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heart attack? What is it in my post that makes you think my blood pressure was raised at all? That was kind of a weird response. The guy has been great for us since he was given the shot, but people on here just want to say he's only good against the Rams or some other silly crap. Good luck finding a better back. I think he is a top 10 back in the league and for a while he's produced with a shitty OL. He can't help it if he doesn't get the ball more.

Was joking about the heart attack jarntt. I like Murray as well, but it seems like he gets hurt every couple of games or so. It was like that in college as well. I agree that he can be a top 10 back when healthy, but he rarely is healthy. As for Dunbar, he's ok for a change of pace, but if Murray goes down for the season he can't take the full load. Yeah he is explosive and has some speed, but he is awful small for an every down back.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time Dunbar is lined up I am waiting for a screen play :) Would love to start using screen plays more.

Side note. it isn't realistic or fair to compare most any players to Emmitt when it comes to playing through injuries or even having them. Yes Murray has been annoyingly injured, but you cant throw Emmitts name out there to talk bad of a player. that's just not right.

Why is that not right? Emmitt was rarely injured, and that's what we need now. We need a durable back who can play every game. It seems to me that the Cowboys always draft these often injured players. I know injuries happen, but to some they happen way to often. Why draft a guy that you know has injuries more often?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said the injury critique of Murray is valid. It is also valid to Sean Lee, Miles, Claiborne and some other guys. Look at all of the injuries this year and it's fair to point out Murray as the one we can't trust?

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only seen one negative response to the question. I think we are a much better team with him. I just think he is under appreciated somewhat.

Maybe in this thread. If we bump the previous Murray threads I think I was in a very small group defending him and saying how valuable he was to our team.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said the injury critique of Murray is valid. It is also valid to Sean Lee, Miles, Claiborne and some other guys. Look at all of the injuries this year and it's fair to point out Murray as the one we can't trust?

Yes, it is fair to say we can't trust any of those guys, at least not for an entire season. It goes to what I was saying about drafting often injured players. Murray and Lee were coming off injury pledged college seasons when Dallas drafted them. When you draft often injured players, then you get exactly what you drafted. A sometimes great player, but often on the bench where he can't help the team.