• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive questions

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, most people seem to be in favor of getting rid of some defensive coaches, (I wouldn't mind keeping them with a demotion) haven't really seen who anyone is thinking for a replacement. What about Ed Orgeron? He seemed to coach a pretty good defense at USC and even somewhat turned the team around after Kiffin had it going 120 in the wrong direction. Also, even with a good DC, do we have the talent AND maturity to have a great D next year?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, although not always great, D sure seemed to be great when it mattered. Also, Ash and Fickell really seem to have improved their game planning as the year went on. All the focus is on the O next year with the QBs, Oline, and Zeke but I think our D could be really special next year as well. (Bennett is going to be missed)

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ash and Fickell did a superb job vs. Oregon

I admit I wanted Fickell gone after that 2013 season but the D improved a lot this year (especially at the end)

axisoftime

Drinkslinger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad things are improving for Fickell. Few years ago I was on here pimping him but eventually shut up when things were looking bad defensively. I am biased, I also attended DeSales. He won consecutive state wrestling titles in addition to being great on the field and in classroom. He is a great leader and has incredible charisma. We all looked up to him, freshmen to seniors.

Way to go, Luke Fickell! :suds:

Hope he keeps earning his spot on Meyer's staff for years to come.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense really improved as the year went on. As long as it keeps improving I'm happy