• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive line units ranked by Fox Sports

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother me. It's just obnoxious and transparent. Guaranteed if Michigan wasn't in that list you wouldn't have posted it. Keep trying to BS your way out of being called out on your obnoxious style though.
I can prove that's false by my posting history. Go back a few years, you'll see I have posted stuff like this as long as I've been posting. And yes I'm more likely to post something if Michigan is mentioned, but who wouldn't that describe?

I think it's funny you thinks it's obnoxious for fans to post good things about their team. I think it's more obnoxious that I can't post something without a whiny bitch finding something to complain about and diverting the topic away from football.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can prove that's false by my posting history. Go back a few years, you'll see I have posted stuff like this as long as I've been posting. And yes I'm more likely to post something if Michigan is mentioned, but who wouldn't that describe?

I think it's funny you thinks it's obnoxious for fans to post good things about their team.

You're incessant jerk off threads since Michigan hired Harbaugh speak for themselves. You couldn't post anything positive about Michigan before last yet because they sucked donkey dick. Btw, they're better not, but not as good as you think.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions: H2S

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're incessant jerk off threads since Michigan hired Harbaugh speak for themselves. You couldn't post anything positive about Michigan before last yet because they sucked donkey dick. Btw, they're better not, but not as good as you think.
If you actually remember I used to post these threads and argue why Michigan should have been ranked in them for one reason or another.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with Michigan being #1, although, I would lean Bama myself, but it's close. I think by the end of the year Clemson may be #1 though.

I think this list is taking a lot of liberties and seems very focused on sacks. There are not a lot of proven commodities out there. I always think DT is the hardest position to replace. Bama has the young talent to thrive, but not a lot of it is proven.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you actually remember I used to post these threads and argue why Michigan should have been ranked in them for one reason or another.

So which is it? Are you an obnoxious homer or not? Because you're saying conflicting things.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do look good when facing the turds on their wack conference schedule. This year is no different: they play mostly garbage until October 29th.

B1G has been the worst offensive conference in the country for like 3 years in a row, although the shitty SEC East challenged them for that title last year. Easy to have a good defensive front when over half the teams in your conference are offensively challenged. Although tOSU could dominate the trenches in any conference. Those fools recruit like Bammer.....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou really should be in consideration for the top spot. The whole rest of the team might suck but that dline is stacked

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G has been the worst offensive conference in the country for like 3 years in a row, although the shitty SEC East challenged them for that title last year. Easy to have a good defensive front when over half the teams in your conference are offensively challenged. Although tOSU could dominate the trenches in any conference. Those fools recruit like Bammer.....
Not really sure where this comes from. It's especially funny coming from a fan of a Big 12 team.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, Michigan football is kind of like the Atlanta Hawks...great record, but can only beat up on the average or turd teams and aren't even close to being elite.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure where this comes from. It's especially funny coming from a fan of a Big 12 team.

You're joking, right? Big12 has always had some of the most explosive offenses in college football. It's the defense that seems optional among teams like Texas Tech, WVU, Baylor, and Oklahoma state.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're joking, right? Big12 has always had some of the most explosive offenses in college football. It's the defense that seems optional among teams like Texas Tech, WVU, Baylor, and Oklahoma state.
The Big 12 routinely has overinflated offenses due to the complete lack of defense in the conference. When these "explosive" offenses go up against tougher defenses OOC, they routinely perform nowhere near the level they perform in conference. There's also a reason that every single Big 12 QB that goes to the NFL flops horribly. You can't go from playing high school defenses to NFL defenses and expect to be successful.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Feldman: "Michigan: Former Wolverines head coach Brady Hoke, an old D-line guy, did not leave the cupboard bare. This is a young group that blossomed last year." :pound:

They really blossomed vs OSU. :pound:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 routinely has overinflated offenses due to the complete lack of defense in the conference. When these "explosive" offenses go up against tougher defenses OOC, they routinely perform nowhere near the level they perform in conference. There's also a reason that every single Big 12 QB that goes to the NFL flops horribly. You can't go from playing high school defenses to NFL defenses and expect to be successful.

The performance tends to be in the middle, where you expect it. Above the defense's average and below the offense's average. A lot of it is also about pace. 2 high tempo offenses get together and there are going to be a lot more possessions. Defense is generally about recruiting. Most of the Big 12 can not hang there. You can scheme can really help an average talent offense, but if you dont have DL you are pretty screwed on defense. Have to go Joe Lee Dunn/Strong and move to that 3-3 and try to blitz an offense into oblivion, but that leaves you so exposed for big plays.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The performance tends to be in the middle, where you expect it. Above the defense's average and below the offense's average. A lot of it is also about pace. 2 high tempo offenses get together and there are going to be a lot more possessions. Defense is generally about recruiting. Most of the Big 12 can not hang there. You can scheme can really help an average talent offense, but if you dont have DL you are pretty screwed on defense. Have to go Joe Lee Dunn/Strong and move to that 3-3 and try to blitz an offense into oblivion, but that leaves you so exposed for big plays.

Just ask West Virginia.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ask West Virginia.

I would also say there is a big premium to first half play, when you take on any of the spread/tempo teams. You get down and all of a sudden you have to play catch up. You need to be able to just pound them mercilessly. Its one reason I think tempo is has a multiplier effect. I have never really looked at it in depth, but through watching it seems to produce more blow outs and unpredictable outcomes.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big had half of their teams ranked 90th or worse in total offense and scoring offense last year. I think the year before it was worse. Take a bow, tOSU is about the only team in the B1G that has a legit pulse on offense.