• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense confident too.....your opinion?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of talent in the DB slots too

And young studs at LB

i'm interested to see how fischer does this year, too since he is healthy. though none of them are a Lavonte David, we do have some experience at the position which should let us work some of those younger guys in.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some impressive newcomers too. Seisay and Jackson. I'll bet one or the other of these guys contributes this year. Maybe both.

welcome back NUance

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would look for both them fellers to play thar NUance

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I see no reason why this unit will not improve. A top 25 defense at the very least. Here is my take why unit by unit.
D-line: First we have our new coach that is focusing more on being the aggressor and attacking more as apposed to reading and reacting, I think this unit has been lacking here the past few seasons. Secondly, depth was a huge issue here last season, even before we lost Crick. This season we have more depth and also more experience. If your d line is better, your LBs and secondary are better as a result.

LBs- Again depth was a problem last year. So we lost David "wah, wah" and "he is irreplaceable"...BULLSHIT. Compton came on VERY strong last year and as the captain of the defense could make a bigger impact if he continued to improve in the offseason. This unit as a WHOLE, even without David should be better.

CBs- We lost Dennard...so what. Before him it was Prince, and before that it was Bowman. Pelini's defense seems to provide plenty of guys that step up and replace the stud corner, and I don't doubt that will happen again this year as it has previous years. The big problem here is experience. Pretty much everybody returns here and all have a couple of years under their belt, no doubt they will be better. Also, Stafford was in his first year last season, and performed great. I believe he makes a leap like David did and is just all over the field making plays.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I see no reason why this unit will not improve. A top 25 defense at the very least. Here is my take why unit by unit.
D-line: First we have our new coach that is focusing more on being the aggressor and attacking more as apposed to reading and reacting, I think this unit has been lacking here the past few seasons. Secondly, depth was a huge issue here last season, even before we lost Crick. This season we have more depth and also more experience. If your d line is better, your LBs and secondary are better as a result.

LBs- Again depth was a problem last year. So we lost David "wah, wah" and "he is irreplaceable"...BULLSHIT. Compton came on VERY strong last year and as the captain of the defense could make a bigger impact if he continued to improve in the offseason. This unit as a WHOLE, even without David should be better.

CBs- We lost Dennard...so what. Before him it was Prince, and before that it was Bowman. Pelini's defense seems to provide plenty of guys that step up and replace the stud corner, and I don't doubt that will happen again this year as it has previous years. The big problem here is experience. Pretty much everybody returns here and all have a couple of years under their belt, no doubt they will be better. Also, Stafford was in his first year last season, and performed great. I believe he makes a leap like David did and is just all over the field making plays.

good points...one thing i would comment on though is compton's role in our linebacker corps. he will never be a lavonte david...that is, have the athleticism and instinct to be able to make the plays david did. however, that is not what we want from him. he is the QB of our defense. in my opinion (and the opinion of a buddy of mine who was on the team) what he doesn't have as far as the physical tools he more than makes up for by his ability to recognize opposing formations and adjust the D accordingly. i am hoping he has a great year, and can help to transition our incoming backers to the defense.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, that is why I said as the captain of the defense, if he improves could be a bigger impact on defense. His ability to recognize and get EVERYBODY in the correct position to make a play is far more valuable than one playmaker such as David.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say this... David kept some teams from putting up 60 on us last year.

Denard Robinson would have had 200 yds and 5 TD's rushing if it wasn't for him.

He cleaned up a lot of their messes.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take nothing away from David. The guy has one setting and that is BEAST MODE. But fortunately I don't think our defense will have to rely on one guy, such as David, to do everything this year.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i hope to god our defense doesn't have close to as many messes as last year haha

I think we're all in agreement that it will be better as a whole.

The thing that would be missed from David this year is that flashy big play ability.

Assuming it's Fisher, Compton and Whaley who get the nod, we will just have 3 steady eddies out there.

We've got some young guys who can really fly around though. If you're not getting consistent play from fisher and Whaley there is no reason not to let Santos and Anderson get their sea legs. Maybe even Rose.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're all in agreement that it will be better as a whole.

The thing that would be missed from David this year is that flashy big play ability.

Assuming it's Fisher, Compton and Whaley who get the nod, we will just have 3 steady eddies out there.

We've got some young guys who can really fly around though. If you're not getting consistent play from fisher and Whaley there is no reason not to let Santos and Anderson get their sea legs. Maybe even Rose.

what i would love to see is to have 2 vets out there with one of the younger guys. i really like the three youngin's

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also i think fisher is going to have a breakout year. i have nothing to back this up with, but i think being healthy will give him a chance to shine.

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I think that Stafford will fill the David void, and hopefully Fisher earns an extra year of eligibility, that would be AWESOME. Any word on that BTW??

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is turrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible. He will play his way out of the starting line up I promise you!

I have zero faith in him.

I can't tell you how many times I've screamed "god damnit fisher!!"

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is probably true, but I think with an injury free year, and time to bulk up, in that extra year he could turn out to be pretty good.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is turrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible. He will play his way out of the starting line up I promise you!

I have zero faith in him.

I can't tell you how many times I've screamed "god damnit fisher!!"

i have screamed godddamit green many times. and yet i allow myself to accept the fact that he will be starting this year, and will hopefully be much improved.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is probably true, but I think with an injury free year, and time to bulk up, in that extra year he could turn out to be pretty good.

I'll be ecstatic if he can just be reliable.