• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dee Eskridge

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going on with this guy? He appears healthy but he didn't even get 10 snaps while Goodwin got like 3x the amount.

Like is he still got a nagging injury? Is Carroll trying to introduce him slowly since he missed so much of last year? Does he not understand our playbook? We spent a valuable 2nd rounder on the guy when we barely had any picks in 2021 so wtf gives?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he was going to return punts or at least that's what Pete said last week and Tyler was back there. Lets remember this man got concussed and missed like 8 weeks because of it so i really don't expect anything out of him and that he will be out of the league in a year or two. He is two weak to play in the NFL, Well not weak but fragile.

When the Hawks drafted him I always thought it was for the return game and maybe a fly sweep or two a game but on his first hit that wasn't even that hard he was knocked out for a LONG time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he was going to return punts or at least that's what Pete said last week and Tyler was back there. Lets remember this man got concussed and missed like 8 weeks because of it so i really don't expect anything out of him and that he will be out of the league in a year or two. He is two weak to play in the NFL, Well not weak but fragile.

When the Hawks drafted him I always thought it was for the return game and maybe a fly sweep or two a game but on his first hit that wasn't even that hard he was knocked out for a LONG time.

Yah maybe. He is the ONE guy on the roster that can run the fly sweep though and we never even use him for that... ugh, what a disappointing pick. Maybe he plays more this weekend.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like the Seahawks drafted him to appease RW by adding another weapon for him. I could be 100% wrong its more a gut feeling.

Reactions: MrS

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely has a nice skill set if he can realize his potential. Waldron sure liked the fly sweep in LA, so I too thought he'd be used that way before his concussion. With all the WR screens we love to run, get it to him behind DK's frame and let him run (in theory anyway)

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely has a nice skill set if he can realize his potential. Waldron sure liked the fly sweep in LA, so I too thought he'd be used that way before his concussion. With all the WR screens we love to run, get it to him behind DK's frame and let him run (in theory anyway)
I think it was a WR screen that got him concussed on just a normal hit that didn't even look like it was to the head.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going on with this guy? He appears healthy but he didn't even get 10 snaps while Goodwin got like 3x the amount.

Like is he still got a nagging injury? Is Carroll trying to introduce him slowly since he missed so much of last year? Does he not understand our playbook? We spent a valuable 2nd rounder on the guy when we barely had any picks in 2021 so wtf gives?
Well, he didn't even get snaps until the very end if the game yesterday. What I don't get is why he isn't at least returning kicks and punts. They put star WR Lockett back on punts instead of Eskridge!
Is he injured? Are they concerned that he can't take a hit and will be perpetually concussed? Is he just not capable of producing?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he didn't even get snaps until the very end if the game yesterday. What I don't get is why he isn't at least returning kicks and punts. They put star WR Lockett back on punts instead of Eskridge!
Is he injured? Are they concerned that he can't take a hit and will be perpetually concussed? Is he just not capable of producing?

All great questions, Jake. I have no idea. No fly sweeps (honestly thought that was the reason we drafted him lol), no returns.... yet we run a play where DeeJay Dallas passes a fuckin' ball....

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"But even when he has played his route tree looks limited to jet sweeps, quick throws at the line, and not a whole lot else. More than half of his targets have been marked as short throws in the official NFL play-by-play data, and only one catch has been longer than 10 air yards down the field.

When stacking up Eskridge’s numbers against the rest of the 2021 class (not counting UDFAs), he’s been wildly ineffective. At a guess, Eskridge is behind on the playbook — stop me if you’ve heard that before about a Seahawks draft pick — he’s certainly behind Marquise Goodwin on the depth chart and at best a WR4."

Ouch.

When they drafted him it was absolutely baffling as we needed talent at virtually every position moreso than WR. Now....??

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"But even when he has played his route tree looks limited to jet sweeps, quick throws at the line, and not a whole lot else. More than half of his targets have been marked as short throws in the official NFL play-by-play data, and only one catch has been longer than 10 air yards down the field.

When stacking up Eskridge’s numbers against the rest of the 2021 class (not counting UDFAs), he’s been wildly ineffective. At a guess, Eskridge is behind on the playbook — stop me if you’ve heard that before about a Seahawks draft pick — he’s certainly behind Marquise Goodwin on the depth chart and at best a WR4."

Ouch.

When they drafted him it was absolutely baffling as we needed talent at virtually every position moreso than WR. Now....??

Your first link doesn't appear to work jake, but yah... major oof. I remember various analysts, PFF, Waltfootball, etc. were baffled by the pick given all the needs we had. A lot of people thought it was to appease Wilson. Either way, doesn't look like it's going to work out.... :noidea:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say what he is at this point... If he can't comprehend the playbook by now - he's going to struggle in the NFL because that is going to bite you in the back... For example, if we have coaching changes, he goes to a different team, etc... What he's proven is that he has a very slow learning curve...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first link doesn't appear to work jake, but yah... major oof. I remember various analysts, PFF, Waltfootball, etc. were baffled by the pick given all the needs we had. A lot of people thought it was to appease Wilson. Either way, doesn't look like it's going to work out.... :noidea:
Weird, as it still works for me. But here is a direct link to it instead of the google link:

Yeah, it was certainly a pick to try to get more weapons on O, but it sure would have been nice to get a servicable OL, DB, or LB in that slot instead.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say what he is at this point... If he can't comprehend the playbook by now - he's going to struggle in the NFL because that is going to bite you in the back... For example, if we have coaching changes, he goes to a different team, etc... What he's proven is that he has a very slow learning curve...
I wonder if he is suffering from some long term or possibly even permanent damage from the concussion. It held him out much longer than expected and he is a football player so he might have a more extensive concussion history than we (as fans) are aware of. That would explain why they have not been using him as a returner on these plays with higher impact risks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird, as it still works for me. But here is a direct link to it instead of the google link:

Yeah, it was certainly a pick to try to get more weapons on O, but it sure would have been nice to get a servicable OL, DB, or LB in that slot instead.

Your second link worked. And agreed enitrely, it would've been much better to get an OL, DB, LB, DL... our rush D is pathetic this year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your second link worked. And agreed enitrely, it would've been much better to get an OL, DB, LB, DL... our rush D is pathetic this year.
Exactly... The guy drafted right after Eskridge was LB, Nick Bolton... He's been an absolute stud for the Chiefs... I believe he was Defensive Rookie of the Month in October last season... He's now the Chiefs defensive signal caller if that tells you anything... Could you imagine having him and Brooks together?

mikeotis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like the Seahawks drafted him to appease RW by adding another weapon for him. I could be 100% wrong its more a gut feeling.
RW is gone.
Pete should be NEXT.
This "Old School" crap isn't working.

Jodi Allen, can you hear me and the 30,000 emails.

Fire PC. Yesterday. Please.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... The guy drafted right after Eskridge was LB, Nick Bolton... He's been an absolute stud for the Chiefs... I believe he was Defensive Rookie of the Month in October last season... He's now the Chiefs defensive signal caller if that tells you anything... Could you imagine having him and Brooks together?

I don't want to think about it.... :L

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW is gone.
Pete should be NEXT.

Well we will see how this season will finish if we can manage 7 wins with his style of coaching then I think we should keep him but if we finish with 2-3 wins then its a problem. The thing about firing a coach and GM of whom all brought those guys in together will kill the culture.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of a playbook do you need to know to be handed the ball and just run fast though? Not putting him in position to use the skills he has looks more like a game plan/play calling problem than a playbook knowledge one. One thing we thought we were getting in Waldron was some creativity in the play calling. That has definitely not been the case so far. Same old unblocked WR screens where we give a guy the ball 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage and say "good luck, fucker." Shocking how that never works out.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW is gone.
Pete should be NEXT.

Your first line existing means your 2nd won't. The choice was made and we're going to live with the decision, whether right or wrong. They're not going to do both. That shows that there is absolutely no plan.