• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Debate the game: lsu at bama

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he hasn't watched Bama play since last season.
5 times thus year. You guys have great DL and LB. Solid secondary, really good RB, awful QB ( he is improving though, he used to be super awful) and a good OL. That's pretty accurate imo. You're a Bama fan so I wouldn't expect you to agree

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah very hit and miss on Alabama. People haven't given our secondary credit all year.
I didn't say the secondary was bad. I said it wasn't as good as your fucking great front 7. You disagree?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama's offense is pedestrian although Henry is quite good. Coker is awful so it's tough to gauge tge skill the Tide have on the outside. LSU has a good D but I do think it's slightly overrated. Conversely Bama has a GREAT front 7 on D. Fortunately for LSU they have the best RB in CFB behind a great OL. I have far more confidence in Harris than Coker and if LSU has to throw Bamas secondary is nowhere near as good as their front 7. All that said LSU is horrendous on special teams and the game is in Tuscaloosa so I'll take Bama

So you're saying a defense that gives up less than 200 yards a game in passing is not good? You're saying that the 4th best defense in the country is not good enough to beat the 114 ranked passing offense in the country? Yes they have Fournette but our strong suit is run defense ranking in the top 3 in the nation against the run. Kinda hard to see where you're going with this, IMO, failed analysis.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say the secondary was bad. I said it wasn't as good as your fucking great front 7. You disagree?

Ok well it's all relative. The secondary benefits from the Front 7 getting more pressure/sacks on a team forcing the QB to throw faster, and at the same time the front 7 gets the benefit of better coverage forcing the QB to hold the ball longer.

But statistically, they are really close to the point where I don't know it's worth mentioning. The defense as a whole is crazy.

Beyond that, offensively you are way off. Coker is a tough dude with a ton of heart and he has single handly at times picked the team up. Our weakness on offense is our O-Line this year, especially when it comes to pass protection. They do better in rush blocking, but they are given up tons of pressure to the QB on pass plays.

Additionally, our WR are all 1st year starters and our best one to start the year was injured for the season early. Our new best WR is a true freshman. They are all extremely talented however, and as the season has gone on they have gotten better. Stewart had a really good game against Tennessee. It's a bit of a work in progress, but their drops have declined a great deal as the season has gone on.

So yeah Henry is good, but the difference has more to do with our O-Line rather than Coker sucks and Henry doesn't. The idea that Harris is better passer than Coker is crazy. Harris has been getting better pass protection than Coker - but we will see if that continues this week as Alabama leads the SEC in sacks and is among the top in the country for the stat.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying a defense that gives up less than 200 yards a game in passing is not good? You're saying that the 4th best defense in the country is not good enough to beat the 114 ranked passing offense in the country? Yes they have Fournette but our strong suit is run defense ranking in the top 3 in the nation against the run. Kinda hard to see where you're going with this, IMO, failed analysis.
A. I picked Bama B. I didn't say the secondary wasn't good. I said it wasn't as good as your GREAT front 7 C. I said I have more faith in Harris than Coker but that's because Coker is awful. Quit being so sensitive

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever qb protects the ball wins the game. who that is, I have no idea

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well it's all relative. The secondary benefits from the Front 7 getting more pressure/sacks on a team forcing the QB to throw faster, and at the same time the front 7 gets the benefit of better coverage forcing the QB to hold the ball longer.

But statistically, they are really close to the point where I don't know it's worth mentioning. The defense as a whole is crazy.

Beyond that, offensively you are way off. Coker is a tough dude with a ton of heart and he has single handly at times picked the team up. Our weakness on offense is our O-Line this year, especially when it comes to pass protection. They do better in rush blocking, but they are given up tons of pressure to the QB on pass plays.

Additionally, our WR are all 1st year starters and our best one to start the year was injured for the season early. Our new best WR is a true freshman. They are all extremely talented however, and as the season has gone on they have gotten better. Stewart had a really good game against Tennessee. It's a bit of a work in progress, but their drops have declined a great deal as the season has gone on.

So yeah Henry is good, but the difference has more to do with our O-Line rather than Coker sucks and Henry doesn't. The idea that Harris is better passer than Coker is crazy. Harris has been getting better pass protection than Coker - but we will see if that continues this week as Alabama leads the SEC in sacks and is among the top in the country for the stat.
Fair enough. You know more about your team than I so if you say it's OL I'll take you at your word

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama 24
LSU 13

I will discuss in the other thread.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leon 4-net, ninjas!

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. You know more about your team than I so if you say it's OL I'll take you at your word
Coker is by no means tom Brady, but isn't the worse QB we've had either. I agree with 420 that out o-line does not help Coker at all so they make Coker look worse then he probably is. He will still make some bad decisions but I think that is also relative to the line not giving him enough time and him trying to make a big play

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scores only now.

Debate moved to the other thread.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-13 Alabama

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17-0. Bama never gets past the 50 yard line. :happy:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17-0. Bama never gets past the 50 yard line. :happy:
Sadly it still stings to even talk about that game. In college for a class we had to get test run on us for communication courses. The students run experiments etc. We were hooked up to a heart rate moniter and shown LSU highlights of the game, and the little shits were watching us using a camera. So, like the gentleman I am, I flicked off the camera and suffered for about 5 minutes.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what happens on offense or defense.

The winner of this game the past 7 years has won the game in 3 areas... Turnovers, special teams, and 3rd/4th down conversions.

Whoever protects the ball, keeps drives alive and doesn't fuck up on special teams wins this game.

Alabama O vs. LSU D = even
Alabama D vs. LSU O = even

QB- even
RB- LSU
TE/FB- Alabama
WR- even
OL- LSU

DL- Alabama
LB- Alabama
Secondary- even

Intangibles- even
Coaching- even
Talent- even
Special Teams- even

It's about as even as it gets.

I'm giving two scores, because I can.

Alabama has < 3 turnovers --- 24-19 Alabama
Alabama has =>3 turnovers --- 27-23 LSU

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debate my left nut.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harris has been sacked more per attempt than Coker has