• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Death Rate (0-24)..

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, "dead/not dead" are the only two medical outcomes that matter.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't this be in the Politics forum?

No.

The thread is clearly about mortality rate risk factors for college aged athletes.

You couldn't figure that out on your own?

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst has happened, and I'm bitterly disappointed. It was one of the few things I had to look forward to this year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst has happened, and I'm bitterly disappointed. It was one of the few things I had to look forward to this year.

Just think.

All those players that would be in controlled environments, practicing, in the weight room, in the film room, in meetings, with medical staffs testing them regularly, putting in their best efforts to not get infected by the public so they could play on Saturdays....

Will now be hanging out at bars, house parties, with large groups at beaches, lakes, rivers, partying it up and swapping spit with Susie Rottencrotch.

But these liberal arts loving, athletics loathing, geriatric university presidents, know more about what's best for these 18-24 year old's than the 18-24 year old's and their parents know what's best for themselves.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think.

All those players that would be in controlled environments, practicing, in the weight room, in the film room, in meetings, with medical staffs testing them regularly, putting in their best efforts to not get infected by the public so they could play on Saturdays....

Will now be hanging out at bars, house parties, with large groups at beaches, lakes, rivers, partying it up and swapping spit with Susie Rottencrotch.

But these liberal arts loving, athletics loathing, geriatric university presidents, know more about what's best for these 18-24 year old's than the 18-24 year old's and their parents know what's best for themselves.

It's not liberals. No, they're not going to hell. They did it for safety and to avoid lawsuits. What I would like is for the leader of each University to decide on their own if their team can and will play. I don't think the Big 10 or the PAC can stop them. With every team in the Big 12 committed to an OOC game, there are more than enough teams to play. Even the SEC might cut back on all conference games only and allow some play with those that want to perform.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not liberals. No, they're not going to hell. They did it for safety and to avoid lawsuits. What I would like is for the leader of each University to decide on their own if their team can and will play. I don't think the Big 10 or the PAC can stop them. With every team in the Big 12 committed to an OOC game, there are more than enough teams to play. Even the SEC might cut back on all conference games only and allow some play with those that want to perform.

I did not say "liberals". LOL

Surely a 'former public school teacher' knows what the liberal arts are. :L

lib·er·al arts
/ˈlib(ə)rəl ärts/

noun
  1. NORTH AMERICAN
    academic subjects such as literature, philosophy, mathematics, and social and physical sciences as distinct from professional and technical subjects.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not liberals. No, they're not going to hell. They did it for safety and to avoid lawsuits.

Here is what I don't understand about this decision. Why would a university be in more danger of litigation due to players being injured or dying from COVID than if a university brings back 10's of thousands of students and has in person classes?

125+ football players, coaches, and staff will be tested every week and playing against teams with the same protocol. They are highly monitored.

The 10,000+ students on the campus university will not have this testing, and will be in classrooms together.

If they are worried about being sued for injury or death due to COVID, why would you cancel the more controlled environment and not the other?

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say "liberals". LOL

Surely a 'former public school teacher' knows what the liberal arts are. :L

lib·er·al arts
/ˈlib(ə)rəl ärts/

noun
  1. NORTH AMERICAN
    academic subjects such as literature, philosophy, mathematics, and social and physical sciences as distinct from professional and technical subjects.

You'll argue over the length of an inch.

Football was canceled because of Covid, not politics.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I don't understand about this decision. Why would a university be in more danger of litigation due to players being injured or dying from COVID than if a university brings back 10's of thousands of students and has in person classes?

125+ football players, coaches, and staff will be tested every week and playing against teams with the same protocol. They are highly monitored.

The 10,000+ students on the campus university will not have this testing, and will be in classrooms together.

If they are worried about being sued for injury or death due to COVID, why would you cancel the more controlled environment and not the other?

They should have taken it one game at a time. If things started happening with players coming down with Covid, then I could understand a cancellation, but at least give it a try.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll argue over the length of an inch.

Football was canceled because of Covid, not politics.

No I wouldn't. As long as that inch is painted on an official ruler, yardstick, tape measure, etc.

Football was not cancelled solely on "safety" reasons. That is low hanging fruit for dullards.

These players are in better shape than any of the basic students that will be going back to school.

They are in the lowest risk factor for severe symptoms per age
They are the lowest risk factor for mortality
They exercise regularly
The eat a balanced diet
They have team doctors at their whim
They have regular Covid testing

By your standards the football season would be cancelled every October as the cold and flu season ramps up.

These are the students they are trying to convince you don't need to worry about Covid and you sucker for it.
2A8F669B9FA0015E98E1A08EB299C17E171E090B

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wouldn't. As long as that inch is painted on an official ruler, yardstick, tape measure, etc.

Football was not cancelled solely on "safety" reasons. That is low hanging fruit for dullards.

These players are in better shape than any of the basic students that will be going back to school.

They are in the lowest risk factor for severe symptoms per age
They are the lowest risk factor for mortality
They exercise regularly
The eat a balanced diet
They have team doctors at their whim
They have regular Covid testing

By your standards the football season would be cancelled every October as the cold and flu season ramps up.

MY STANDARDS, MY STANDARDS. You're an idiot. I've been pushing for the Big 10 to compete and am bitterly disappointed. The rest of your post is meaningless. It's cancelled, and there's nothing we can do about it. Hey, challenge the Big and play the Big 12. Every team is suppose to have an OOC game. If you jump, OSU will jump also.

This is not political. The virus is real, but at least we could play week 1 and then evaluate.
These are the students they are trying to convince you don't need to worry about Covid and you sucker for it.
2A8F669B9FA0015E98E1A08EB299C17E171E090B

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ Calls me an "idiot", but can't properly use the quote function. ^^