• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dear NFL,...

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying this for years. I don't watch TNF during the season unless it's Thanksgiving or the Eagles are playing.

Unless both teams are coming off byes, the games suck. You can't put in an NFL game plan in one day of practice.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with the OP - Thursday football needs to go. Primetime is too watered down with Sunday Night, Monday Night and Thursdays - especially with the Network protected games on Sunday.

Pretty much ensures a Primetime crap fest

Anyone remember when Monday Night games used to be the premier match-up of the week?

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear OP,

It's not the day of the week that made last night's game suck. It was the two teams who were playing in it.

Sincerely,
The NFL
Dear NFL,

Bullshit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watson will be just fine....he has an excellent WR in Hopkins to throw to. O'Brien needs to let him run the offense.....I think he could be another Russell Wilson.
I think he will be ok also, but don't think he is anything like Russell Wilson

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do away with Thursday football except for Thanksgiving. The games are hideous. Thank you.

TNF does not deserve the blame for last night. Wrong time for this thread. Did you miss the games last week? These 2 teams suck. They could have had 2 weeks off and the game would be as ugly as it was last night.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, the two teams suck offensively. But we all know what's coming. Week after week we'll be seeing the same crapfest on Thursdays. The guys are not ready to play. I'm good with it if they're coming off a bye week, but that's not the case with many. It should be a league rule that no team should have to play without at least 6 days between games. I love the player safety bullshit they preach and then they do this shit. NO MORE Thursdays. It's proven to be a joke for years now. At least it's not about the money.
:lol:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they air it I will watch.

But it's getting tougher and tougher to fit in all my non-football evening TV viewing.

Thankfully by recording it it only takes up 40 minutes or so of my life.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, the two teams suck offensively. But we all know what's coming. Week after week we'll be seeing the same crapfest on Thursdays. The guys are not ready to play. I'm good with it if they're coming off a bye week, but that's not the case with many. It should be a league rule that no team should have to play without at least 6 days between games. I love the player safety bullshit they preach and then they do this shit. NO MORE Thursdays. It's proven to be a joke for years now. At least it's not about the money.
:lol:

Cmon, Rams/Niners next week doesnt have you jacked up?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they air it I will watch.

But it's getting tougher and tougher to fit in all my non-football evening TV viewing.

Thankfully by recording it it only takes up 40 minutes or so of my life.....

My brother out in Cali doesnt watch a second of NFL on Sundays, but DVR's the games

I was out there for a wedding last year, and we watched all the games skippimng commercials and dead time, and what a pleasure that was

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TNF does not deserve the blame for last night. Wrong time for this thread. Did you miss the games last week? These 2 teams suck. They could have had 2 weeks off and the game would be as ugly as it was last night.
These two teams are, in fact, shit.

At the same time, the reason these two teams were part of a "showcase" game like this is because they have to be, because the NFL has to put every team in the league in a Thursday night game, because there's too many of them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These two teams are, in fact, shit.

At the same time, the reason these two teams were part of a "showcase" game like this is because they have to be, because the NFL has to put every team in the league in a Thursday night game, because there's too many of them.

That I agree with. IMO there should only be between 6-8 TNF games excluding Opening Night & Thanksgiving games. I'm sorry but not every team deserves to be in a spotlight game.

No reason the Rams/49ers should be on TNF.

Last edited:

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just happened to flip over to Mike & Mike and Greeny had the idea of teams having 2 bye weeks each which would make it an 18-week regular season. The teams playing on Thursday would be coming off their bye which means they didn't play that previous Sunday. That would be a vast improvement. In 1993 they did give teams two bye weeks.

"However, teams felt that having two weeks off during the regular season was too disruptive for their weekly routines, and thus it reverted to 17 weeks immediately after the season ended."

Funny how they felt having 2 bye weeks messed up their weekly routine, but playing a Thursday game doesn't.